• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2015

Trevelyan

Banned
Next year is absolutely incredible for the Wii U. I'd foresee everything on this list getting released, with an addition of one remaster or 3DS game remastered for Wii U.

Should set up 2015 beautifully for Metroid, Animal Crossing and Diddy Kong Racing U.

TI82

Banned
Xenoblade looks cool despite the graphics being very... Unimpressive.

Everything else looks bleh. And I thought Project Cars was canceled on Wii U?

I think SMTxFE was confirmed to be some sort of RPG.

NA here so I will already have Toad (in fact it's here, but I'm not actually getting it until Christmas).

Definitely in for Xenoblade and probably SMTxFE if it hits next year.

Curious about Star Fox, Zelda, Mario Maker, and Splatoon.

Meh about the rest.

Big difference here is that SMTxFE has likely been in development less than 2 years. TLG has been in development for around 8 years. If we don't hear anything more next year then I'll be concerned.

Yep, a press release from Atlus (namely Index at the time), confirmed it to be an RPG the day after the game was announced.

Note that the last date given for Mario Maker was just "2015," which suggests that they're backing off of the "first half of 2015" date from E3.

Yoshi's Woolly World has had no updates at all, so that also might end up delayed.

Hindl

Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem is slowly becoming NintendoGAF's The Last Guardian

I think it was just announced too early. If we get to this time next year without seeing anything more, then yeah it's TLG. But I think it just wasn't ready to be revealed. Hopefully they do a January 2013 anniversary direct and announce new megatons as well as revealing SMTxFE

Xenoblade looks cool despite the graphics being very... Unimpressive.

Everything else looks bleh. And I thought Project Cars was canceled on Wii U?
No, only PS3 & 360 got cancelled. Wii U got delayed.

Captain, any reason you took an image from the cancelled PS3/Xbox version of Devil's Third instead of this beautiful ass.
No particular reason, wanted to use a new picture, but maybe I get back to this one. :D

Vena

Co-developed by Atlus and IS, as far as we know. Things could have changed since the announcement, I suppose.

I meant more in question of how SEGA would screw it up, since IntSyst means Nintendo means Nintendo isn't going to allow SEGA to Sonic Boom the project. Unless it was meant as SEGA pulling Atlus from the project or something.

TheMoon

Are Star Fox and Mario Maker confirmed to be retail? I mean, we already have Zelda and Party preorders on Amazon, but no Maker and Star Fox

Common sense confirms them to be retail. Mario Maker is a Mario game and Starfox is a big Miyamoto project.

Decent lineup. Too many 2D games for my taste but def some gems coming out

There are only three 2D games schedule for next year, all vastly different. How is that "too many?"

No particular reason, wanted to use a new picture, but maybe I get back to this one. :D

Please use pics from the actual game, not canceled versions that have nothing to do with it anymore^^ (main character is completely different)

Einbroch

Banned
If X turns out to be as good as I hope it is, I will literally buy a Wii U for only that game and it will likely be the only game I ever play. I'm that hyped for it.

I meant more in question of how SEGA would screw it up, since IntSyst means Nintendo means Nintendo isn't going to allow SEGA to Sonic Boom the project. Unless it was meant as SEGA pulling Atlus from the project or something.

I really doubt (HOPE!), Sega won't have any effect on the development of this.

Sigh. We get left off again :(

No GAF love

You uh, work for NST, don't you?

Edit: Pretty sure you do. Hey...hey...make a new 1080 game. Whoever picked the soundtrack for Avalanche, assuming he's still there, let him do it again. I'll buy like 70 copies of MvDK if you can make this dream a reality.

UrAvgGuy

Very curious about that SMT X Fire Emblem. I don't think there's been any solid info about the game yet, has there?

jonno394

That's almost half the confirmed first-party lineup.

They're all completely different games though. Does the fact they're 2d matter? One is a create your own levels package, another is a touch screen controlled side scrolling title and finally one is a traditional platformer.

Next you'll be saying there are too many 3d titles on ps4 lol.

Toad.T

Banned
Honestly surprised that Project Cars is still dead set on releasing on the Wii U. I figured that the devs would see the lack of possible buyers, now that MK8 is out and getting DLC.

I figure the only other 3rd party stuff this year will be Just Dance 2015, Skylanders 2015, Disney Infinity 3.0, Movie/TV show games and random surprises like One Piece Unlimited World Red from this year.

Roo

I like how the colorfulness of the first games of "beauty of Wii U" slowly turn into a blue/gray mess lol

Vena

I really doubt (HOPE!), Sega won't have any effect on the development of this.

If Bayo2 is any indication, Nintendo keeps SEGA tied-up in a broom closet during development and will, at times, "consult them". I would imagine this to be doubly true when an actual Nintendo development studio is involved.

The only way SEGA would be able to tamper (and I doubt they want to sour their relations with Nintendo) would be to do something either on the IP side of things, or with Atlus development side.

Top Bottom