• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2015

They're all completely different games though. Does the fact they're 2d matter?

When people are on average more satisfied with older 2D games (which are also available on the platform) and there are lots of 2D indie games available as well, yeah, I'd say the fact they're 2D matters. You probably already own better 2D content than we'll see next year. People need more variety out of their platforms for them to sustain interest and gain wider adoption.

Sigh. We get left off again :(

No GAF love
Indie games? ;)

The only reason is because I have no time to update the sheer mass of indie games. ^^
That's why this thread only focuses on retail games.

@date format: I'll consider to change it. January 2, 2015 looks good or Jan. 02, 2015

jonno394

When people are on average more satisfied with older 2D games (which are also available on the platform) and there are lots of 2D indie games available as well, yeah, I'd say the fact they're 2D matters. People need more variety out of their platforms for them to sustain interest and gain wider adoption.

More variety in visuals? (Ie 3d instead of 2d) I thought variety in gameplay was more important but yeah, ok.

Pachimari

The only sure-fires for me are Captain Toad, Splatoon and Legend of Zelda. Will probably only get Splatoon in 2015 though.

And maybe Yoshi's Woolly World and Mario Maker.

If Bayo2 is any indication, Nintendo keeps SEGA tied-up in a broom closet during development and will, at times, "consult them". I would imagine this to be doubly true when an actual Nintendo development studio is involved.

The only way SEGA would be able to tamper (and I doubt they want to sour their relations with Nintendo) would be to do something either on the IP side of things, or with Atlus development side.

Well, the other thing that helps SMTxFE's case isn't just that IS is involved, but that one of their IPs (Fire Emblem) is really picking up steam and is very valuable to them. Unlikely Nintendo would let anyone screw that up.

Indie games? ;)

The only reason is because I have no time to update the sheer mass of indie games. ^^
That's why this thread only focuses on retail games.

@date format: I'll consider to change it. January 2, 2015 looks good or Jan. 02, 2015

Look at his avatar.

Look at his post history and see specifically what he comments on...it's all NST related stuff. (And his profile says he lives in Washington) has to be NST and he has to be referring to MvDK/.

Celine

This is like the GCN...

I'm going to buy almost every single game in this list and more than likely not be let down by the quality or game in general. Conversely, my Wii had Prime Trilogy, the Zeldas, Galaxy 1/2, Sin and Punishment, Pandora/Last Story/Xeno... and Wii Sports. Looking back, I didn't buy much software for the Wii, oddly, over its long lifespan.
This is the thread for you:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=917299

More variety in visuals? (Ie 2d instead of 2d) I thought variety in gameplay was more important but yeah, ok.

Most 2D side-scrolling games work off very similar gameplay and design principles (a consequence of the limitations of 2D side-scrolling space), even if they vary superficially and mechanically.

I think the quantity would be fine if the market were responding to them. But I think Nintendo dropped the ball on their 2D content on Wii (bar DKC) and I don't think most of the people who were excited about it back then are interested in paying for more (and buying into a new platform to play it) - they have access to all the side-scrolling content they want via Wii Virtual Console + Wii 2D games.

TheMoon

Very curious about that SMT X Fire Emblem. I don't think there's been any solid info about the game yet, has there?

Nope.

Honestly surprised that Project Cars is still dead set on releasing on the Wii U. I figured that the devs would see the lack of possible buyers, now that MK8 is out and getting DLC.

Lack of possible buyers with more and more people picking up the system and proving general racing has an audience? Not saying PCars is gonna sell gangbusters but I don't follow your logic there.

SerTapTap

Well, I'm tired of 3D games.

Pretty much. Though I wish they weren't afraid to do 2D art as well as gameplay. I'm actually extremely disappointed in the 3DS's focus on 3D as in 3D models. Yoshi's New Island looks awful except for the 2D backgrounds.

Easier to type what I won't buy.

The Yoshi game and Project Cars.

boo_this_man_half_baked.gif

So 75% of the list is not 2D. Remove 1 of your 4 and there're 0 2D game left. Logic,

Don't you see any flaw in your reasoning?

Considering the amount of genres when 25% of the games are sidescrolling 2D games, that is a lot.

How can you be tired of "2D" games when they're all vastly different?

Umm, they are all 2d platformers. One just has a level editor. Not exactly vastly different

Honestly surprised that Project Cars is still dead set on releasing on the Wii U. I figured that the devs would see the lack of possible buyers, now that MK8 is out and getting DLC.

Project CARS is coming to Wii U because it was a successful crowdfunded game and Wii U was a part of that. They'd be letting down their backers in a big way if they cancelled it.

Vena

Oh crap, that's a lot of games I never even realized existed. >.>

<.<

Good thing we have backwards compatibility.

Well, the other thing that helps SMTxFE's case isn't just that IS is involved, but that one of their IPs (Fire Emblem) is really picking up steam and is very valuable to them. Unlikely Nintendo would let anyone screw that up.

Yes, that too. Fire Emblem rose like the phoenix rather then get its head chopped off like a chicken.

On SMT X FE, we only just saw Devil Survivor Overclocked 2 re-announced for 3DS. It's clear Atlus has had a rough 18 months. I still have faith the title will appear eventually.

jonno394

Most 2D side-scrolling games work off very similar gameplay and design principles (a consequence of the limitations of 2D side-scrolling space), even if they vary superficially and mechanically.

Jump, grab coin, score points, reach goal. I follow. However I think Mario maker is unique enough in its concept on the console (predominantly as a level creating tool/ sharer etc) to differentiate ut from Kirby and yoshi, so then there are only really two platformers you can class as similar in my eyes using your reasoning.

lemmykoopa

Has Itagaki spoken already about a possible release date for Devil's Third? I'm a huge Ninja Gaiden fan and I can't wait to play his new project.

Will definitely buy:

Capt. Toad
Kirby
Yoshi
Splatoon
Xenoblade
SMTxFE
Zelda
Will wait for the final version of Devil's Third
Edit: Forgot Star Fox

The list looks pretty good to me! :)

What's the reasoning behind the late Kirby release in the EU? I can easily wait a month (CP: TT) but didn't they state during the last direct that it would get a mid /2nd half of 2015 release?

jmizzal

Has Itagaki spoken already about a possible release date for Devil's Third? I'm a huge Ninja Gaiden fan and I can't wait to play his new project.

Not yet, last he said they were finishing up something like that and it was rated by the Aussie board so its may be coming sooner rather then later

lemmykoopa

"2015"

They seem to be entering the polishing phase, with them having locked the ending cutscene recently.

Though I'm still not really clear on what the game actually is. Is it like Uncharted in the sense that there is a strong focus on the single player part of the game + online death match to play once you're done with the SP? Or is it first and foremost a MP game?

Top Bottom