• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2015

TheMoon

Though I'm still not really clear on what the game actually is. Is it like Uncharted in the sense that there is a strong focus on the single player part of the game + online death match to play once you're done with the SP? Or is it first and foremost a MP game?

Itagaki said the solo campaign is one of his biggest yet or something to that effect, so that's quite expansive. And the multiplayer mode is also no afterthought DM only. Watch the multiplayer trailer and check the links in that thread I linked. The MP is based in a persistent economy with territorial battles that include base building, randomized terrain and a bunch of insane gameplay modes (like that fruit stuff you see in the gifs). This will be one meaty package of both MP and SP.

That's...it? Guess the Wii U will be one of those systems that I only ever have like 8 games for.

Trollpost? These are retail-only games. This thread does not include or cover download-only games as we have monthly threads for those. What do you expect if the major publishers pulled support. Which is something that we've all known forever and shouldn't be a surprise for you at all.

Agalloch

XYlQJez.jpg

Lunar15

I still can't get over the fact that we're getting another Kirby Canvas Curse style game. I'm so happy about it.

Now we just need a good Paper Mario game on the system, and then we're really talkin'.

An interesting development in my life is that StarFox might be the least interesting thing on there for me.

Games I will get eventually when they get to be these prices ( if they do)

Capatin Toad for less than 30$
Super mario bros U for less than 20$
Mario maker for less than 30$
Wind waker for less than 30$
Super smash for less than 40$
Zelda U 59.99$
Devil's third 39.99$
DK Tropical freeze for less than 20$
Star Fox less than 40$
Bayonetta 2 for less than 40$
Wonderful 101 for less than 20$

Wow. That's a more impressive 2015 lineup than I was expecting. And that's not even including the Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 2 and potential Smash Bros. DLC. My poor wallet =/

ghibli99

Should be a good year! I usually don't notice these things, but that "PLATOFRMER" misspelling on Yoshi... unless it's intentional for reasons not known to me! :)

TI82

Banned
I see you do this in many threads (not exclusively Nintendo ones)

So...what in the hell do you like?

Well I mean, if you are following my post history you should be able to see my "Anticipated games of 2015" list. On which there are two 3DS games.

But right now I'm really liking:

1. Little Big Planet 3
2. GTA V PS4
3. Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
4. Fantasy Life
5. Suikoden I
6. Plants vs Zombies GW

If we want to talk about what Nintendo made games I like:

1. Paper Mario Thousand Year Door (This is GOAT material)
2. Wario Land (entire series is BRILLIANT)
3. Fire Emblem
4. Advance Wars
5. Custom Robo (It's a crime they havent made a new one in so long)
6. Pokemon, duh
7. Super Mario RPG
8. Mario and Luigi series
9. Megaman Battle Network (again GOAT, although not Nintendo made it is Nintendo exclusive. See: My avatar)

I'm sure theres more I'm forgetting.

I seriously laughed at Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem.

I'm looking to get

Yoshi
Kirby
Captain Toad ( hopefully soon)
Starfox
Zelda
Splatoon

Maybe

Devil's Third

This list almost matches the amount of retail titles I picked up this year and this is before any surprises pop up. Looking to be a good year for me if everyone of these titles comes out.

PetrCobra

PLATOFRMR!

It's a nice list. I''m probably going to get all of those eventually. Xenoblade and Splatoon as soon as they get out.

TI82

Banned
This thread has convinced me that the Wii U needs a sequel to 1080 Avalanche and Wario Land: Shake It! in 2016. Good thread so far!

I played 1080 on the N64 and it wwasn't that special to me so I dunno.

But yeah Shake it! was pretty great. I'd prefer a game on the 3DS but Wii U would be fine too.

I am still trying to figure out why this system is doing so badly. It's putting out better quality stuff than the other systems currently.

I guess it's next gen vs Nintendo graphics.

openrob

Whoop!
Loved the old thread, even though i never posted in it. Waiting for this to get filed in over the year.

Worth mentioning, or is it only retail games?
FAST-Racing-Neo-SA-Gamer.jpg

TheMoon

Why don't eShop games count as "lineup" again?

probably because it's easier to maintain that way. but while we're added, the thread title should reflect this at least.

Captain Smoker, could you PM a mod to rename this to Wii U Retail Games 2015 or something?

OR we start including a "noteworthy eShop preview" thing.

eRonin

This is it. 2015 will be the year I buy
Smash Machine
Wii U. Gotta get all the 2013-2014 releases like W101, Bayo1+2, 3D World, Pikmin 3 and Mario Kart as well.

Dr. Buni

Splatoon shall be mine. Also, sorry to be that girl, but the upcoming Kirby game isn't a platformer. Actually, most Kirby games aren't.

Mecha

Nintendo has won me over this generation. The Wii U will be my first Nintendo console bought brand new and this will be the first gen I will have not bought a Sony console first.

Yagami_Sama

So far things are looking good for Wii U, if Nintendo did the things rights we may have a new game every month.
Still if you consider that, Pokkén Tournament and that Luigi's Mansion game for arcade has a great change of been release on WII U, things look even better.

Also, I hope for a New Metroid, Wario Land. Retro studios is too quiet, I hope they are doing something big. And I also believe that Nintendo will
forge some new partnership and bring great games to the Wii U library.

They could buy Sega, and Atlus stuff would be all our XD

So many good games! Definitely buying:
Splatoon
Xenoblade
Zelda
Mario Party 10

I'll wait for a deal on the following:
Capt. Toad
Kirby
Yoshi
SMTxFE

Need to see more of:
Devil
Star Fox

TheMoon

Splatoon shall be mine. Also, sorry to be that girl, but the upcoming Kirby game isn't a platformer. Actually, most Kirby games aren't.

Ah right on, I'm in full support of you being "that" girl. If I had carefully read the descriptions I'd have also brought it up, smarty pants that I usually am.

You are probably forgetting that they put out a game this February. One of this year's best, btw^^

I wonder if Tokyo EAD will have a new 3D Mario ready for next holiday season.

I think two years is too soon. But next year is Mario's big 30th anniversary, so ....

They're already doing Mario Maker for that but 2010 (25th anniv.) also saw SMG2 + the poorly handled SM All-Stars Anniversary release. So 2 celebratory games are in the cards.

So many good games. I'm excited, it has become best Nintendo system in a long time for me the last two years being easily better than the 3DS's as blasphemous as it seems. I love this *new* Nintendo, it's a shame they aren't selling as well as they deserve despite having so many good games
(I'm guessing this like 80% due to poor marketing which has been just awful-none existent since launch)
. Hope it works put for them in 2015
I'll probably be buying everything on that list except maybe project cars and smt x fe (since that will likely not come out next year if at all)

jnWake

There's a typo in Yoshi's Wooly World (Platofrmer)!

It could be interesting if we had some sort of user's reviews (not with scores) or something for the recommended games. As it is, we just have pictures of the games so it doesn't really mean much. It could be cool if, for every recommended game, we had like some user quotes as to why it's recommended.

It'd also be cool if someone did a similar list (upcoming + recommended) for eShop titles. I've always been a bit interested in the indie Wii U games, but there's not much info for theem!

_Clash_

Man,

I really want Devil's Third to deliver. Looks a blast, with the hybrid hack n slash/ cover shooter.

Not to mention those funky online gameplay modes.

Let's hope the polish is real.

HYPE

Bigger world but not necessarily more content rich, unless I missed that. Factor in the faster mode of transportation and it might not feel much bigger.
It's +5x bigger, built to scale with the mechs making it about the same size while riding a Doll

Target is selling 250$ Wii Us and 150$ 3DS's next week if you guys want to get in on that

Now's a really good time to get a Wii U. By the end of 2015 it'll have a library of 450+ games

This is what the tentpole first party lineup for 2015 looks like by the way

Febuary: Kirby
March:Mario Party
April: Xenoblade
May: Splatoon
June:Mario Maker
July: Project Robot/Project Guard/Mario Vs DK
August: Starfox
September:Yoshi's Wooly World
October Devil's Third
November: Zelda

+SMT X Fe + Pokken +Fatal Frame 5+ whatever else they announce