• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2015

The Flash

Banned
I'm definitely getting a Wii U next year. Zelda, Smash, Bayo 2, and Mario Maker all look really cool. It'll be nice to own a Nintendo console again.

Leonsito

Nintendo carrying the console alone, the task is inmense, and the games rareley get delayed of are a mess of bugs and incomplete.

EhoaVash

list looks great but my personal taste etc ~

games that have my most attention -aka will get on DAY 1

Zelda U, Xenoblade C X, and Splatoon --

Games that I will maybe want to check out - but won't get it on launch, maybe when price cut
Clay kirby ( l liked the touch controlled kirby games and this might be a good co-op rental ) and Starfox ( which is rumored to be more of a episodic eShop thing than a full fledged retail game. ) ..lets see if the star fox IP has any juice left in it ..or will it be forever doomed to be in the shadows of Star fox 64.

games that I don't even care about / will never purchase -
Mario party 10 cause lol its mario party ( cough cough no online probably cough cough) ..even with online ..I never liked mario party so nope nope nope

--- games that I don't see my self purchasing cause reasons

- mario maker ...i see my self playing this game once for like 10 minutes then never coming back to it just like many other create games..so no purchase here..

- Yarn Yoshi -- ..kirby's epic yarn was neat but pretty boring and too simple. I ..never have liked a yoshi game. They are pretty boring and have annoying elements to them like crying mario.

- what ever Project Robot/Project Guard/Mario Vs DK --..that ..miyamoto projects at E3 looked like ass. too much of a tech demo thing and so much motions =/ ..nope nope Nope and I never liked the mario vs DK series.

Games I'm very curious about but will wait on reviews

- Devil's third -- looks pretty fun but it needs some really good fine tuning but i'm curious. If it has enough quirky elements like the trailer shows it i might bite

and last ..SMT x Fire Emblem .

...i am curious about this title but I need more info on what this game will be, play like, look like, etc.

edit

Games that I want nintendo to announce at E3 2015 - Metroid .._...,Monster Hunter 4 Wii U, some Wii HD releaes ( mario galaxy collection pls ) or maybe a New "proper" 3D mario ..galaxy 3, more info on pokken tournament, and moar hD collections

but they'll probably announce another fucking animal crossing game =| for the system

games that I don't even care about / will never purchase -
Mario party 10 cause lol its mario party ( cough cough no online probably cough cough)

Mario Party is one of those franchises everyone thinks would benefit from being online, but in practice wouldn't really work. (Or at least wouldn't retain the franchise's core gameplay.)

I think the title would benefit from a minigame rush mode with online play, but your average time to complete a board would just take too much time. What's the fun if two of the other players rage quit 15 minutes in? I mean, they could just seamlessly sub these players out with AI...but you might as well be playing single-player at this point.

Edit: I am surprised that they haven't announced more HD remakes though. TWWHD took 6-7 months to complete and did well over a million copies. It seems like a (relatively) inexpensive way to bolster the lineup--especially if they did this with previously un-localized or hard to find Wii/GCN titles. Fatal Frame II/IV, Another Code R, Zengeki No Regenleiv (hell, three of these are translated already...) Or with the huge push Fire Emblem is getting (the franchise is like 1/3 of the roster in Smash) and the scarcity of PoR/RD, I think an HD double pack would do pretty good numbers...they could even put in some good Miiverse integration (think ZombiU...a character dies in a friend's game, they show up on the map your on and you can loot their gear.)

I'm so glad I picked up a Wii U this week from Target to price adjust for the sale starting Sunday. 2015 has so much stuff I'll buy.

Soul Lab

Every nintendo fan should buy splatoon. I'm serious :)

We need to show nintendo that we want new ip's (from young talented minds)
Let's make it a success!

Every nintendo fan should buy splatoon. I'm serious :)

We need to show nintendo that we want new ip's (from young talented minds)
Let's make it a success!

No one should buy a game just because it's a new IP.

And on that note a game won't be a success just because a hundred people on a gaming forum bought it.
Sorry for being a party-pooper!

I'll be in for quite a few of those games for sure.

Most excited about:

Zelda
SMT X Fire Emblem
Xenoblade Chronicles X

Hopefully everything is released on time but I wouldn't be upset if they needed a bit more time for development.

Hiltz

Why no Project Guard/Robo? They are both confirmed for 2015.

Probably because we don't know what those games will end up being as. They could be incorporated into Star Fox, or they could be their own titles, either together or as one game. Nintendo has a habit of not letting its tech demos go to waste, at least the ones that they feel have some potential, and since these tech demos were promoted by Miyamoto at E3, then chances are we'll see them in some form next year.

Thats it? only those game for an entire year?.....
Not saying the games suck on the list, but many i wouldn't even buy but thats not allot.

We don't obviously know if Nintendo has any plans to release any other games in 2015. They have around 10 games confirmed (not including Fire Emblem X SMT or Fatal Frame 5) as well as Mario Kart 8 DLC and Mewtwo DLC for Smash Bros in Spring. Miyamoto spoke of spin-off titles and 2015 software lineup in the same sentence, so perhaps we'll see a newly announced spin-off game to help fill in the software lineup (maybe that is what Project Guard and Giant Robot are). Also, EAD teased us about sharing Animal Crossing news on Wii U's Miiverse recently, so that may be another title for holiday 2015. With Kirby coming out in February, we might get a new Nintendo Direct next month to further promote it, and share some other release date news ,at least for games coming out by Spring.

Thats it? only those game for an entire year?.....
Not saying the games suck on the list, but many i wouldn't even buy but thats not allot.
Thats about a game a month next year, to have that kind of output from one company is already incredible. Not to mention these are onnly the announced games, who knows what else they have to reveal.

NahaNago

That list is not confirmed at all. For one thing I believe Yoshi is due out Q1 or Q2, and Xenoblade is not due out until Q3 or Q4.

Zero²;142817284 said:
Again, maybe he is from Japan? Xenoblade X is out on Q2 there.

i was just copying a list i saw earlier on this thread to show what was coming and to say i would like a bit more.

I can't wait for Mario Party, Splatoon, or Legend of Zelda. I've yet to play a Xenoblade, but I might pick up this new one.

Will I be able to pick up the series from here or should I go back and play older ones?

Will be picking up:

Kirby
Yoshi
Mario Maker
Splatoon
The Devil's Third
Xenoblade X
Zelda
Star Fox (most likely, unless it looks really shitty)

I never could get into Mario Party. Also, OP, where is Mario vs. DK. Project Guard and Project Giant Robot?

Liberty4all

Banned
The nice thing about Nintendo games ... they are so bright, colourful and cheerful compared to most other developers titles.

muteant

i really wish nintendo would emphasize making a mario party game that does the following:

- keep the gameboard mechanics simple and classic (definitely no "cars" and the like)
- expedite the time it takes to get from one minigame to another
- balance the factors of luck and skill in the eventual outcome of the game
- make the mini-games a little longer in duration and give them a little more depth (and therefore render them more replayable)

it feels like this is one series that nintendo doesn't take seriously any more. they're just going through the motions. it's time to take a step back and maybe inject some new directorial talent into the series. does anyone know if its the usual team that's working on this one? i fear they're just going to implement asymmetrical gameplay via the gamepad and call it a day.

p.s. i don't care about on-line implementation. this the sort of game meant to be played with friends IRL imo.

openrob

Since these will be finished and released in 2015, and after the splurge of content in 2014, can't wait to see what these teams will come up with next.

i really wish nintendo would emphasize making a mario party game that does the following:

- keep the gameboard mechanics simple and classic (definitely no "cars" and the like)
- make the mini-games a little longer in duration and give them a little more depth (and therefore render them more replayable)

it feels like this is one series that nintendo doesn't take seriously any more. they're just going through the motions. it's time to take a step back and maybe inject some new directorial talent into the series. does anyone know if its the usual team that's working on this one? i fear they're just going to implement asymmetrical gameplay via the gamepad and call it a day.

p.s. i don't care about on-line implementation. this the sort of game meant to be played with friends IRL imo.

All of your bullet points - Take the exact opposite of them and that's where Mario Party is going. I hate to say it as well, but quality wise, they're taking this series to the ground. Of course...when has it been top notch quality (heh...).

ramparter

Banned

Exactly.

I don't understand why they can't make this one right. Just go back to the first one (or second, I keep hearing it's the best but haven't played it) and build from there.

If a new Mario Galaxy releases ......

I'd probably cry I would be so happy.

That said, I really wish Nintendo would fill some of the gaps in the line up with remasters. I want my Wii U to be able to play every single one of Nintendo's best games. Though I would buy HD versions of Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, the Metroid Prime series, Donkey Kong Country Returns, etc. I don't think Nintendo is going to remaster Wii games that can already be played on the system.

Regardless, Nintendo, please give me Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 in HD. Pls... I'll buy them all!

SugarDave

Probably not the thread for it, but does anyone know of any good deals on a Wii U (preferably the Premium model) in the UK? I remember there being some crazy good deals around when Mario Kart came out but since then it seems to be around £230-250 for a single game bundle. I want one for Christmas but for barely much more you can get a PS4 bundle of great value and I feel like it's a bit much.

18-Volt

Don't forget people, there was a rumor that Nintendo saved 2 more games like Bayonetta 2 or Devil's Third. We still don't know if that's true or what they are. Insane? Star Wars 1313?

Also another rumor said Nintendo was prepping a remaster and a return of another old franchise. Maybe that remaster thing has something to do with recent Eternal Darkness trademark revival.

Hiltz

I'd probably cry I would be so happy.

That said, I really wish Nintendo would fill some of the gaps in the line up with remasters. I want my Wii U to be able to play every single one of Nintendo's best games. Though I would buy HD versions of Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, the Metroid Prime series, Donkey Kong Country Returns, etc. I don't think Nintendo is going to remaster Wii games that can already be played on the system.

Regardless, Nintendo, please give me Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 in HD. Pls... I'll buy them all!

Remastered ports make sense for Nintendo to focus on, but perhaps we won't see them until 2016 since so a lot of games have been planned for 2015, but then again, you never know.

As I said before, I really want Fire Emblem Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn HD with Miiverse integration. Yeah, one is a Wii game but both are pretty expensive nowadays. I think it would do pretty well (and is relatively low risk!) with the newfound resurgence in Fire Emblem's popularity.

I need this.

TheMoon

Zero²;142817284 said:
Again, maybe he is from Japan? Xenoblade X is out on Q2 there.

Then Kirby should be in the January spot since that is launching on January 22, 2015 in Japan.

Pachimari

May i speak to you for a moment in that dark corner over there?

I'll probably pick up the trilogy on Wii some day. Were all the games in one package or do I have to buy the 3 games separately? I would prefer separately.

Also, I have 14 Wii U games and have barely touched any of them *eek* but I love them. ;)

Guru-Guru

Banned
Looking like 2015 will be a great year for Wii U. With the exception of the Kirby title (and maybe Yoshi), I will buy everything on that list. I was thinking of buying a PS4, but my Wii U/3DS/Vita will probably keep me busy next year!

TheMoon

More great games are coming for Nintendo systems in the first part of 2015, including Splatoon, Yoshi’s Woolly World and Kirby and the Rainbow Curse for Wii U, and Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. for Nintendo 3DS.
http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=42356

Confirms the Yoshi and Splatoon are still scheduled for first half (or "part") of 2015. No reason to panic about Yoshi coming late in the year (as some have done in this thread).

EhoaVash

Confirms the Yoshi and Splatoon are still scheduled for first half (or "part") of 2015. No reason to panic about Yoshi coming late in the year (as some have done in this thread).

Hmm mentions steam but and other sprung titles but no major as mask 3d?

TheMoon

Hmm mentions steam but and other sprung titles but no major as mask 3d?

They're clearly not gonna list all their games. STEAM is March 13, that's early. New 3DS and MM3D will be out a bit later than that. I wouldn't really read anything into what they don't list there since it's just a bunch of examples.

Grimalkin

Budget willing, I am going to purchase every game in the OP. The only exception is Project Cars which I am going to get on PS4.

In the 2nd post, can someone tell me what the game is to the right of Revelations? Kinda looks like Zombie U but I haven't gotten that far in Zombie U yet (if it is indeed that game).

TheMoon

Budget willing, I am going to purchase every game in the OP. The only exception is Project Cars which I am going to get on PS4.

In the 2nd post, can someone tell me what the game is to the right of Revelations? Kinda looks like Zombie U but I haven't gotten that far in Zombie U yet (if it is indeed that game).

ZombiU. You should be able to tell by the obvious cricket bat lol.

phanphare

Banned
yeah.......gonna buy every last one of those games

edit: just kidding, no mario party or project cars for me. wallet be praised!

Top Bottom