• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2015

Pachimari

We really need Fatal Frame V to release here though.

I think that this year were much better than what 2015 seems to be currently.

xHiryu

I really do hope that Devils Third turns out to be really really good, should be nice to have an online game like that tbh.

2015 is looking hella hype for WiiU owners

Still need to pick up:
Smash Bruhs
Bayonetta
Mario Kart
Mario 3D World
New Super Mario Bruhs U
DK Tropical Freeze
Pikmin
Wonderful 101
Hyrule Warriors
ZombiiU
(Just got a Wii U)

Then:
Xenoblade X
Zelda U
Devils Third
Splatoon
Yoshi
SMTxFE

Hopefully 2016 has a strong ass lineup, gimme Metroid, F-Zero (lol) and something new.

Pila

I will buy a large part of that list. Gonna be a very good year on the Wii U, it will be my main source of videogames.

walnuts

I still need to play Bayonetta 2 (already finished Bayo 1), Donkey Kong and Hyrule Warriors, before Xenoblade and Zelda arrive. Splatoon also has my attention.

Wii U is a very interesting console in the end. Even if it has no third party support now, it's a good choice. With lots of must-haves. I replayed Rayman Legends again two months ago, such a great game.

I also have to play the third part of Metroid Prime Trilogy. I will take it after finishing Bayo 1 in hard mode.

maxmars

Finally got a WiiU for Christmas with a dozen games, thinking I'd be set for a while. Damn, I want each game from that list.

Pachimari

But I really hope we'll be getting an Animal Crossing U and a F-Zero U (haha) in 2016. That would make the line-up perfect to me. I couldn't care less about Metroid, but that's only because I have never played any of the titles in that series, as the art and design didn't appeal to me.

TDLink

But I really hope we'll be getting an Animal Crossing U and a F-Zero U (haha) in 2016. That would make the line-up perfect to me. I couldn't care less about Metroid, but that's only because I have never played any of the titles in that series, as the art and design didn't appeal to me.

You should really try Super Metroid and Metroid Prime 1 at least.

NahaNago

Target is selling 250$ Wii Us and 150$ 3DS's next week if you guys want to get in on that

Now's a really good time to get a Wii U. By the end of 2015 it'll have a library of 450+ games

This is what the tentpole first party lineup for 2015 looks like by the way

Febuary: Kirby
March:Mario Party
April: Xenoblade
May: Splatoon
June:Mario Maker
July: Project Robot/Project Guard/Mario Vs DK
August: Starfox
September:Yoshi's Wooly World
October Devil's Third
November: Zelda

+SMT X Fe + Pokken +Fatal Frame 5+ whatever else they announce

Okay i know this list is great and i will probably buy like11 out of 12 of those games but it still feels like they need a 3 or 4 more midsize games for next year due to lack of third party a game a month doesn't seem like much when you know the late half of next year will have like 4 or 5 big releases in a single month's time.

May i speak to you for a moment in that dark corner over there?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I think the most notable eshop games should be added to the list here, as there is no dedicated indie games thread anymore and the Nintendo download monthly thread is full with VC maniacs :)P) who can talk about the VC over and over again for so many pages while the new games are just lost in this ocean of VC.

Games like Affordable Space Adventure (that it is also Wii U exclusive due to extensive use of the gamepad) should be worthy of this list.

Edit: maybe it will also hold the "that's it?" reactions.

I think the most notable eshop games should be added to the list here, as there is no dedicated indie games thread anymore and the Nintendo download monthly thread is full with VC maniacs :)P) who can talk about the VC over and over again for so many pages while the new games are just lost in this ocean of VC.

Games like Affordable Space Adventure (that it is also Wii U exclusive due to extensive use of the gamepad) should be worthy of this list.

I agree. EShop titles are a vital element of the platform and titles such as Guacamelee, Scram Kitty, Stick it To the Man, Stealth Inc etc have kept me going in 2014.

Pila

Agreed. Guacamelee, Shovel Knight, Art of Balance... indie games deserve some space in this topic IMHO.

I played Zombi U when I had one, great game! I haven't played a Mario Kart since like the first one so I guess I could pick it up.

It is an excellent entry in that series. The online is phenomenal too.

Truth be told, there are a tonne of great games on the Wii U, pretty much all first party entries.

I still need to pick up Smash and Bayonetta. Two games I am very excited for!

Does anyone know whether the GC adaptor will ever be available again? That controller is too perfect not to use with that game.

Also, Marvel - WHY DO YOU KEEP SELLING YOUR CONSOLES. GOOD GOD MAN.

TEJ

Not gonna lie, the 2015 wii u game I want the most is the devils third. I love bayonetta 2 and the wonderful 101 but they are very different from the Itagaki style of action gaming.

and I love me some Itagaki Ninja Gaiden style action.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I agree. EShop titles are a vital element of the platform and titles such as Guacamelee, Scram Kitty, Stick it To the Man, Stealth Inc etc have kept me going in 2014.

Agreed. Guacamelee, Shovel Knight, Art of Balance... indie games deserve some space in this topic IMHO.

Right. Or the future Fast Racing Neo. Or 90's Arcade Racer if it ever comes. There must be around 5-10 indie games in a year that deserve to be mentioned.

Platy

mariomakeryjban.png

You mean "A Masochist romhack maker by Nintendo" =P

Neifirst

We really need Fatal Frame V to release here though.

I think that this year were much better than what 2015 seems to be currently.

Agreed. Given the number of titles, there's no good reason to leave it to languish in Japan. I wouldn't mind that Yakuza 1 & 2 collection either. The PS2 version of Yakuza 2 was already subtitled, if I recall correctly.

Lucifon

So good, I will pretty much buy that entire list. Not sure what it is about the WiiU but I feel compelled to buy pretty much every exclusive on there, even if it's not usually a genre I'd play.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
So good, I will pretty much buy that entire list. Not sure what it is about the WiiU but I feel compelled to buy pretty much every exclusive on there, even if it's not usually a genre I'd play.
Quality food. The Wii U is like a gourmet restaurant, not very well known but a delight for connaisseurs.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I aaaaaaaaam, really in love with Wii U softwares, honestly.
I just hope they'll give us Pokken, Fatal Frame 5 and Metroid before discontinuing the console.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Target is selling 250$ Wii Us and 150$ 3DS's next week if you guys want to get in on that

Now's a really good time to get a Wii U. By the end of 2015 it'll have a library of 450+ games

October Devil's Third

Okay i know this list is great and i will probably buy like11 out of 12 of those games but it still feels like they need a 3 or 4 more midsize games for next year due to lack of third party a game a month doesn't seem like much when you know the late half of next year will have like 4 or 5 big releases in a single month's time.

Where was this confirmed?

It has come to a point where I consider every Wii U 1st/2nd party exclusive as a work of art worth collecting. I'm buying everything that comes from Nintendo. Good thing these games don't cost an arm and leg like a Patek. The attach rate on this Wii U console will be ridiculously high by the time it retires.

Zero²

It's +5x bigger, built to scale with the mechs making it about the same size while riding a Doll
But he also said he needed another writer to help Takeda, so the at least the story (script) has potential to be much more expansive.
I wonder if we will see a Amiibo exclusive game at some point? Maybe NintendoLand 2 haha
Where was this confirmed?
We got a Spring release for Japan. But April is pure speculation.

impact

Banned
I feel bad for looking at that list and thinking I only want Star Fox and Zelda. Maybe X but I have no way of playing Xenoblade without annoying sound lag (Dolphin) or shit graphics at a high price (Wii U BC)

Maybe they'll do Xenoblade HD after Xenoblade 240p, pls.

Zero²

Maybe they'll do Xenoblade HD after Xenoblade 240p, pls.
Yeah, but hey at least I'll be able to play it :p
Finding a non-pirated wii retail copy of xenoblade here is literally impossible. I'd import it, but the prices are just so horrible T_T
And dont even get me started on Last Story and Pandora's Tower...

BBboy20

It has come to a point where I consider every Wii U 1st/2nd party exclusive as a work of art worth collecting. I'm buying everything that comes from Nintendo. Good thing these games don't cost an arm and leg like a Patek. The attach rate on this Wii U console will be ridiculously high by the time it retires.
I estimated that there will be about 10 games of interest for the PS4 by the end of 2015 (I got the 20th Anni. Edition so I will soon be an owner of one). I count over 10 by the 3rd year of the WiiU (and I already own 10 retail titles as it is).

I estimated that there will be about 10 games of interest for the PS4 by the end of 2015 (I got the 20th Anni. Edition so I will soon be an owner of one). I count over 10 by the 3rd year of the WiiU (and I already own 10 retail titles as it is).

Games of interest aren't the same as masterpieces that forever stay in your collection. But then again, I'd rather not talk about the PS4 (I have one) and its games on this thread. :)

October Devil's Third

That list is not confirmed at all. For one thing I believe Yoshi is due out Q1 or Q2, and Xenoblade is not due out until Q3 or Q4.

ramparter

Banned
I feel bad for looking at that list and thinking I only want Star Fox and Zelda. Maybe X but I have no way of playing Xenoblade without annoying sound lag (Dolphin) or shit graphics at a high price (Wii U BC)
Lucky bastard, I want more than half of these and I've yet to buy Bayonetta 1/2 & Hyrule Warriors and there are a couple other games I own but haven't finished.

Great year but I am behind on games, still need Bayo 1 and 2 and Hyrule Warriors, not sure about SSBU, but I will probably get it.

For next year, my Day 1 buys:
Yoshi
X
Zelda
Splatoon

Grief.exe

Not too much from that list with Zelda, Star Fox, and Xenoblade being the most interesting for me. The nice thing is, I just bought a Wii U and need to catch up on all the releases from the past couple of years.

Not too much from that list with Zelda, Star Fox, and Xenoblade being the most interesting for me. The nice thing is, I just bought a Wii U and need to catch up on all the releases from the past couple of years.

Congrats and too many great games in the library.

My fav 5 from what I have are:
Zelda WW HD
Pikmin 3
W101
SM3DW
MK8

HM to Lego City Undercover.

I played Bayo 2 demo and that game is amazing. Still hoping for a full blown Metroid, make it happen Nintendo!!

Top Bottom