• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U hacking no longer even requires a PC.

Raw64life

I've made no attempt to hack my Wii U or experiment with Cemu yet, but how easy/possible is it to backup my game saves from my Wii U to my computer and then play a Wii U game on Cemu using the same game saves?

LewieP

Sorry it is not quite clear to me. Can I copy my disc games to a USB hard drive and then play them off it? I'd like to do this for both Wii and Wii U discs, and I already have some Wii U games downloaded off the eShop on my hard drive.

I'm waiting till early 2017 to see if you can port up your digital wiiu purchases to nx and for final fw update before hacking my wiiu but very excited to do so.

I wonder if this makes any of the SmashExplorer stuff any easier. Tried my hand at that this summer and was totally lost, haha.

Sami+

Gonna do this later this weekend for sure.

CsIChTUVIAAlmF4

Cq4_iXzUEAAd7Wf

epmode

Could someone recommend a 256 GB SD card that is definitely compatible with the Wii U? I'd also appreciate a recommendation on a 128 GB card if 256 is too expensive.

edit: Oh, I just read that running games from an SD card is noticeably worse than running from DVD or internal memory or whatever. I was hoping it would be as perfect as it is on 3DS.

Randomizer

Nintendo hasn't updated the Wii U since January they literally don't care. The 3DS hacks are all patched fairly quickly. The Vita is dead and Sony still managed to patch an exploit within a week. I am predicting another update soon and they will end one for NX transfer of products and licensing.

epmode

Nintendo hasn't updated the Wii U since January they literally don't care. The 3DS hacks are all patched fairly quickly. The Vita is dead and Sony still managed to patch an exploit within a week. I am predicting another update soon and they will end one for NX transfer of products and licensing.

You honestly think Nintendo is interested in transfering licenses from earlier purchases to NX? It would be nice but I can't see it happening. Not from a company that can detect your earlier VC purchases but still forces you to pay an upgrade fee in order to play the same game on a different platform. Not to mention how bizzarely they handle NNID content licenses compared to every other system in existence.

I could see one more update for Breath of the Wild and maybe Nintendo Network (begging on my knees for cross buy with NX). And even then, they might not give a crap about this XD

Tohsaka

ripping english sub for JP Project zero with uncensored contents possible?

As far as I know, no one has uncensored that game yet. There are uncensored versions of Xenoblade X (and an undub for it) and #FE, though.

Could someone recommend a 256 GB SD card that is definitely compatible with the Wii U? I'd also appreciate a recommendation on a 128 GB card if 256 is too expensive.

edit: Oh, I just read that running games from an SD card is noticeably worse than running from DVD or internal memory or whatever. I was hoping it would be as perfect as it is on 3DS.

Playing games from an SD card is completely fine as long as you get one that's Class 10 and UHS-I. I have this one and it was completely fine playing my copy of #FE after I dumped it and applied the uncensor patch.

Vlaphor

Speaking of hacking, if I wanted to do some cheating or save game hacking in TMS, what would be the best way to do it? I've read about Gecko as a possible solution, and I'm well versed in Cheat Engine, but finding good info on what Gecko is and how to use it is kind of complicated.

Thanks.

As far as I know, no one has uncensored that game yet. There are uncensored versions of Xenoblade X (and an undub for it) and #FE, though.

Playing games from an SD card is completely fine as long as you get one that's Class 10 and UHS-I. I have this one and it was completely fine playing my copy of #FE after I dumped it and applied the uncensor patch.

Isn't it on a game-by-game basis? Some are noticeably slower than others.

Tohsaka

Isn't it on a game-by-game basis? Some are noticeably slower than others.

I don't know if that's still the case, I know there were issues before but I read that Loadiine has gotten a lot better. #FE is the only game I've played with it and I had no issues at least.

epmode

Thanks for the suggestion. $40 isn't too bad and I'd also like to use that patch. So even if other games don't run that well, it would still be worth it.

Akhe

Op, you just reminded me to check again if the new Mirage Sessions #FE "Reincarnation" patch was released.

Ironically, the apparent ease of homebrew might actually convince me to finally buy a Wii U on fire sale. If there was already a way to rip owned disc games and play from an attached HDD I'd probably buy one right now.

Bowl0l

ripping english sub for JP Project zero with uncensored contents possible?
someone please confirm this. i will order a copy of Project Zero immediately after i get a yes.

Is there a equivalent of 3ds hack that allows you to access eshop without updating your firmware?

Chindogg

Any patches to decensor Fatal Frame as well?

As far as I know no patch yet. But people really want those hilariously ridiculous bikinis that badly?

Considering the character in place was a graveur model, the new costume just looked weird for the scene.

-shadow-

As far as I know no patch yet. But people really want those hilariously ridiculous bikinis that badly?

Uncensoring Xenoblade and Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Outside of some of Lin's clothing and the fundoshi, was anything actually censored in X?

OP should probably be edited with a big brick warning.

someone please confirm this. i will order a copy of Project Zero immediately after i get a yes.

Is there a equivalent of 3ds hack that allows you to access eshop without updating your firmware?

ctr-httpwn, I think.

Is it possible (after using this or any hack) to load your own NES ROMs onto the WiiU to have them work in the same way as the virtual console titles currently work (like with save states)?

Devil

Would that allow me to play Gamecube games (PAL) or Smash Bros Brawl Mods like Project M on the Wii U? In Wii mode or regular?

-shadow-

Is it possible (after using this or any hack) to load your own NES ROMs onto the WiiU to have them work in the same way as the virtual console titles currently work (like with save states)?

Yes. You can replace the ROM in the given emulator and you can change the settings of the filters also. Though it might be not entirely stable. But there's more details about that in the homebrew thread.

Would that allow me to play Gamecube games (PAL) or Smash Bros Brawl Mods like Project M on the Wii U? In Wii mode or regular?

You can do this through hacking vWii ;)

Yeah, those reports from earlier in the thread have me a little worried. I'll probably give them a while to sort out the bugs, if possible.

Hacking a console is always going to open up someone to risk... That said, there really should be nothing this method does that should immediately mess up your system. The one person earlier in this thread seems to be an unhappy one-off... Neither he or I can find anyone else with a similar situation or any solution.

thinking of trying this, the voice acting in xenoblade killed the game for me. I only have a 2gb SD card is it possible for me to play the game undubbed?

Yes. You can replace the ROM in the given emulator and you can change the settings of the filters also. Though it might be not entirely stable. But there's more details about that in the homebrew thread.

I'll check the homebrew thread (it's huge), but I wanted to quickly ask: Can the ROMs be played just as though you are playing other Wii U VC games? Like with a game icon on the Wii U "home screen" with all my other VC games?

ViciousDS

Banned
Yep, mods, cheats, save editors, etc. can be used.

Maxing everyone's stats in Hyrule Warriors, custom music in Splatoon, content restoration in Tokyo Mirage Sessions; Smash 4 mods galore to name a few.

Yyyyoooooo totally would go back to play Xenoblade CX with cheats.......hell yes

I really want to do this so I can play some Japanese/EU region games like Project Zero, Taiko, and so I can purchase the physical release of FAST Racing Neo!

I will wait just a little to see if issues arise like earlier in this thread.

Top Bottom