• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkhero1

After seeing the change in tone over the past 24 hours, I'm betting that a bunch of people who are/were on the fence about this system are going to jump on it. Fatigue over this generation and Nintendo meeting low expectations are going to help them in a very big way when they try to take advantage of being the first next-gen console released. They've just gotta stick the landing at E3. That's all.

Yeah. I'm kind of surprised about to see many new faces in this thread, which is a great thing. I keep saying this everyday I'm on GAF but E3 will indeed be glorious.

The surprise being Time Splitters 4.

:p

I got word that it's a sequel to Rayman Origins coming to the Wii U. Shh don't tell anyone.

Yeah. I'm kind of surprised about to see many new faces in this thread, which is a great thing. I keep saying this everyday I'm on GAF but E3 will indeed be glorious.

I got word that it's a sequel to Rayman Origins coming to the Wii U. Shh don't tell anyone.

That's just crazy talk.

just give me at least a gamecube virtual console. pleeeeease.

They'll surely do something about that since they're dropping GC BC support for the Wii U. I think that Sony took the best route. The really in demand titles have received HD remasters while they release "virtual console" style games for the rest of the title.

I'm hoping for some of these as well. As much as the digital download service for GameCube titles sounds nice, I would much prefer physical media releases for my titles.

Yeah, i'm definitely someone that still prefers packaged games over digital downloads. But if they only want to offer them as digital downloads then I wouldn't be too upset. It'd also give them a chance to give them a good budget price since they wouldn't need to go through any retailer.

I still believe we will get a new Wii Sports. I mean it would be crazy not too, and two examples shown were very compelling worthwhile updates to the sports.

Probably one of my most look-froward to Wii-U titles honestly.

A Wii U Sports with online multiplayer, especially Bowling and Golf. Nintendo take my money RIGHT NAO!!!!

So since the NBC Universal lawyers already got to them earlier, the game has changed. So how will the Nintendo Ninjas punish Ubisoft and other potential leakers from now on? Simple. Send robots back in time:

21b0d192.jpg

After seeing the change in tone over the past 24 hours, I'm betting that a bunch of people who are/were on the fence about this system are going to jump on it. Fatigue over this generation and Nintendo meeting low expectations are going to help them in a very big way when they try to take advantage of being the first next-gen console released. They've just gotta stick the landing at E3. That's all.

There were definitely some people won over in the Origins trailer thread.

Linkhero1

No idea!

I do know that laid off employees from SK were asked to sign NDAs about the project they were working on prior to termination.

It does not seem like SK's usual partners would be that paranoid.

I can't believe I missed this. This gives me even more reason to believe it's ED2. I can't see why anyone would want to put NDA on Too Human 2 when no one wants that.

Edit: Guys I can't stop hyping. I'm hyping too hard.

TunaLover

I can't believe I missed this. This gives me even more reason to believe it's ED2. I can't see why anyone would want to put NDA on Too Human 2 when no one wants that.

Edit: Guys I can't stop hyping. I'm hyping too hard.

If this is not ED2 I will be very dissapointed =(

AniHawk

- Tuesday and Wednesday off from work
- lots of junk food, carbonated beverages, desserts, etc.
- watching the conference online (I don't get G4, and even if I did, I wouldn't watch that channel)
- one tab open to this thread
- one tab open to the Gaming Side
- one tab open to the pseudobanned Nintendo site
- cell phone shut-off

kinda similar to my plan

-tuesday and wednesday off from work
-get in line and play unreleased games
-i don't own a cell phone

M74

I haven't looked yet. Is the body of the article, "Yes."?

Not quite:

Suddenly a 32 GB SDHC card doesn't seem as adequate. Though a handful of games would still fit on a SDHC card, it's clear that unless Nintendo expects gamers to only own 4-5 games, it needs to provide a hard drive solution. The publisher has already announced support for an external drive, connected via relatively slow USB 2.0 cables, but that hardly seems ideal considering consumers will be asked to purchase what would almost surely be an optional piece of hardware.

The 3DS seems to be in good shape, and downloading legacy content to Wii U won't be a problem for most. But if Nintendo is planning on fully embracing its day-and-date program, and not risking the wrath of its customers, it needs a better, more thorough idea of how to provide storage for its digitally distributed games. Perhaps it's time for Wii U to get an internal hard drive.

Not quite:

I don't like their logic. It seems as if they're advocating that customers should be forced to always purchase a built-in hard drive at which most likely would be very trumped up prices. Nintendo's allowing you to use an existing drive you own, or buy a new one, or possibly get a Nintendo-branded one if you really want to get taken advantage of as with other consoles. And you'll still end up with an overall smaller form factor. :p

I know there are advantages to having the drive built-in (though I'd prefer to wait until Solid State Drives get cheap enough to stick in there, saves worries about yet more moving parts), but there's a lot of negative to doing that, as well.

Anth0ny

The publisher has already announced support for an external drive, connected via relatively slow USB 2.0 cables, but that hardly seems ideal considering consumers will be asked to purchase what would almost surely be an optional piece of hardware.

Really? They're going to complain about that?

I picked up a 1TB external harddrive last year for $70. Pretty sure I'm set for life with that thing.

I'm just happy we're not being forced to use some fucking proprietary hard drive.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Really? They're going to complain about that?

I picked up a 1TB external harddrive last year for $70. Pretty sure I'm set for life with that thing.

I'm just happy we're not being forced to use some fucking proprietary hard drive.

*Looks over at his Xbox 360*

Indeed.

Lenardo

Banned
Will an usb external hard drive be enough?

Ina word yes.

I will hook upa500 gig hard drive the second it is all set up.I have three external hard drive enclosures tmhat are usb. Two sata and oneide.

Fresh doom from IGN, "Will SD cards and optional external hard drives be enough?":

http://wii.ign.com/articles/122/1223941p1.html

Oh IGN. Unless a lot of people plan on downloading a ton of mutil gigabyte retail titles (I know I don't, always prefer physical media and instantly had no desire to download NSMB2 when the news was announced as cool as it is) and DLC comes in unreasonably hefty sizes then....yes SD cards and external hard drives will definitely be enough. I'd prefer a hard drive but I'd be willing to bet I personally could get by the entire life of the system on a 32 or 64 GB card. And oh noes or something to USB 2.0.

NBtoaster

Will an usb external hard drive be enough?

Ina word yes.

I will hook upa500 gig hard drive the second it is all set up.I have three external hard drive enclosures tmhat are usb. Two sata and oneide.

If they let you use external hard drives for games. PS3 doesn't for some reason.

RedSwirl

When you think about it, standardized SD cards and external hard drives are gonna be a lot cheaper than what you got now. What would you rather pay $130 for? 320GB or a Terabyte?

If they let you use external storage for games. PS3 doesn't for some reason.

I think that would leave the system wide open for some kind of piracy exploit or something. My thinking is that Nintendo might let you format the hard drive specifically for the Wii-U. I'd be fine with buying a TB specifically for Wii-U storage. That should pretty much get me through the whole console cycle.

Linkhero1

Does anyone know when Gametrailers will begin doing their Bonus Rounds? I want to see what Patcher has to say about MS, Sony, and Nintendo.

Does anyone know when Gametrailers will begin doing their Bonus Rounds? I want to see what Patcher has to say about MS, Sony, and Nintendo.

You want to listen to a Pachter opinion? Why? It's about as wise a use of time as reading that IGN "editorial" posted above.

I wonder what a "Pachter said Nintendo should do this a few years ago...." thread would look like? Probably a bunch of vague hot air and stuff that turned out to be wrong?

Linkhero1

Would start within next 2 weeks id think. Little over a month til E3. 3 weeks of videos

I was hoping it started this week :(

You want to listen to a Pachter opinion? Why? It's about as wise a use of time as reading that IGN "editorial" posted above.

I wonder what a "Pachter said Nintendo should do this a few years ago...." thread would look like? Probably a bunch of vague hot air and stuff that turned out to be wrong?

I want to hear all the negative comments he has to say about the Wii U and Nintendo being doomed if they don't listen to him. One thing I picked up in this thread is whenever Patcher is negative towards Nintendo we get a lot of good stuff. I say bring it on Patcher.

Anth0ny

At this point, even he pokes fun at how wrong he is. I think it's fun hearing his thoughts, especially on Nintendo.

Just try not to take what he says to heart :lol

antonz

While true, come 2015 when Wii U is only three years old, this won't be the case.

*has flashbacks of multiple memory discussions*

And you are right by 2015 3.0 will be much more common and I am certainly on the add 1 3.0 and have the other 3 be 2.0 USB bandwagon but the degree that some people act like it will doom the system is a bit silly

And you are right by 2015 3.0 will be much more common and I am certainly on the add 1 3.0 and have the other 3 be 2.0 USB bandwagon but the degree that some people act like it will doom the system is a bit silly

Yeah it won't doom the system (just me and explodinghead at least :p), but I think costs would keep them from have two different USB controllers. I used to think that could happen as well till that clicked in my head. You'd think though they'd just go with USB 3.0 for all four ports due to 2.0 BC.

maeda

I still don't understand how will digital distribution work on 3DS and U? Will every game be available both digitally and physically or just select titles? I want to phase all these junk in form of the boxes, cards, discs, manuals and the likes.

suracity

I still don't understand how will digital distribution work on 3DS and U? Will every game be available both digitally and physically or just select titles? I want to phase all these junk in form of the boxes, cards, discs, manuals and the likes.

I think Nintendo says "in theory" all games published by them will be available for two options.
And it may be up to 3rd parties to decide whether to distribute digital version or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom