• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianTom

Banned
I'm still calling it..

First 30 minutes of conference: 3DS and sales stuff
Next 2 minutes of conference: Nintendo Wii U renamed Nintendo Juicy™
Final 68 minutes of conference: details on the Nintendo Juicy™

Shurayuki

\/ that's nice bgassassin but how old are you and tell us your history with nintendo ;D

That wasn't a hint, it was speculation based on a few publicly known facts.

I know I know, that's what the air quotes were for ;P

I don't know wtf is going on, but I found this youtube video with Iwata and Sakurai laughing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQcoJ5GuZUU&feature=player_embedded

My theory is that Sakurai is a vampire, no other explanation for his unchanging looks.

ITT: Old people discussing an underpowered, kiddie console.

Caught the Rayman trailer before I went to work this morning. That was a nice thing to wake up to. Also enjoyed the other bits of info here today.

AniHawk

I'm still calling it..

First 30 minutes of conference: 3DS and sales stuff
Next 2 minutes of conference: Nintendo Wii U renamed Nintendo Juicy™
Final 68 minutes of conference: details on the Nintendo Juicy™

'one more thing': rayman legends coming to the wii u with nfc features!!!

?oe?oe

Why does this look so much like the mock up i amde a few weeks back??

PCWU.jpg

You'll find it in this or the last thread.
Oh Snap!

guek

Banned
Super old, but in the spirit of raising the hype to 11, I'm going to re-post this tidbit

Paul Gale said:
Before 2011 was done once and for all, I gave one final hint for the new year, by stating that there was a very big title in development for both Wii U and 3DS, that it was a shocker, a crowd pleaser, and that I would try and reveal it in January. The truth is (as I stated in that article), there were a few surprise titles I knew about, but this one I felt was the biggest…as it’d be crossing both platforms.

I was under the impression on New Year’s Eve that there were at least two different pairs of games and that both would appear on each of Nintendo’s systems. It’s the reason for the hint, “crowd pleaser”, because one of the games I was referring to was Assassin’s Creed III (which later was confirmed to be a Wii U title after all). Not being able to confirm whether a 3DS build was in fact a part of Ubisoft’s plan as well, I chose not to launch the story before anyone else, but still reported on it.

The other game and in fact, arguably the more important one for many, is real and has been confirmed to me. There is a Wii U title in mind and a 3DS one. It’s been a long time coming in validating this story, but I’ve finally done it. I won’t give a target month of when I’ll share it like I did last time, because of an NDA. I’m sorry for giving you nothing, but this isn’t just a leak from a source…the same reason for not even a hint. I owed you this much though, for whatever it’s worth. Good times are coming. Just know that.

HYPE HYPE HYPE AAAAAAAAAAAAH

Gravijah

i don't know why anyone is even asking for ts4 at this point. crytek uk are working on homefront 2. even if some key members are gone, i don't want a timesplitters without crytek uks involvement.

Glass Joe

Shouldn't the headphone jack be on the bottom? Sort of an annoying design choice, I see the cord getting in the way. Kinda like having the cord at the bottom of the Wii classic controller.

Linkhero1

How's everyone else going to view E3 this year?

I plan on watching it on my HDTV (laptop to TV through HDMI) with a lot of snacks with the fam. It will be exciting getting hyped together. I don't think I'll be posting online during any of the conferences either.

I know it is not final, but I am working with what I have seen so far. I would actually be pleasantly surprised if Nintendo moved the jack to the bottom.

Just wanted to second that they really need to move the jack to the bottom. The headphone jack on my IPhone (which I'm posting from now) is on top and it's literally the only thing I hate about the device, especially when I'm using it in bed. Just feels very awkward and I'm constantly having to brush the cord off the screen. So yeah, upper headphone jack on the UPad is indeed a potential major annoyance.

BlackJace

I plan on watching it on my HDTV (laptop to TV through HDMI) with a lot of snacks with the fam. It will be exciting getting hyped together. I don't think I'll be posting online during any of the conferences either.

Bringing some buddies over. Snacks, lots of snacks. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and watch G4's coverage even though Adam left :(

Oh and I'll be sure to have my laptop stationed on the GAF. Shit will be glorious.

Alone. In the dark. Huddled over a pizza. Crying softly, because Time Splitters 4 will be beautiful.

Just wanted to second that they really need to move the jack to the bottom. The headphone jack on my IPhone (which I'm posting from now) is on top and it's literally the only thing I hate about the device, especially when I'm using it in bed. Just feels very awkward and I'm constantly having to brush the cord off the screen. So yeah, upper headphone jack on the UPad is indeed a potential major annoyance.

So is "Why does the headphone cord come out the top?" the new "Why does the Classic Controller cord come out the bottom?"?

Shurayuki

Uhm, not to sound stupid but where is the difference between having the jack at the bottom and plugging it in on top and having the cable go under the DRC? (apart from losing a few cm of lenght).
Would prefer bottom too (move the stylus while you're at it) but the big difference escapes me.

Linkhero1

Bringing some buddies over. Snacks, lots of snacks. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and watch G4's coverage even though Adam left :(

Oh and I'll be sure to have my laptop stationed on the GAF. Shit will be glorious.
Sounds awesome.

Alone. In the dark. Huddled over a pizza. Crying softly, because Time Splitters 4 will be beautiful.

Indeed. It will be glorious. I will be huddled with you if all goes well. ;)

Shouldn't the headphone jack be on the bottom? Sort of an annoying design choice, I see the cord getting in the way. Kinda like having the cord at the bottom of the Wii classic controller.

It's not the final design. The final design will be shown at E3.

HylianTom

Banned

- Tuesday and Wednesday off from work
- lots of junk food, carbonated beverages, desserts, etc.
- watching the conference online (I don't get G4, and even if I did, I wouldn't watch that channel)
- one tab open to this thread
- one tab open to the Gaming Side
- one tab open to the pseudobanned Nintendo site
- cell phone shut-off

I… I'm losing faith. I think the worst case might happen -- that it will exist, but it will exist on all other consoles, with no splitscreen, with no armor or health packs, with a two-weapon carry limit, with a limited weapon selection almost entirely from the 1900s, with mutant recharging whenever you hide behind a rock, with no MapMaker, and with slightly too linear single player campaign.

Well, at least the last part is like classic TimeSplitters. :(

lednerg

I'll be watching it from my new Wii U tablet, which I'll be bribing a certain bear to steal for me.

Linkhero1

I… I'm losing faith. I think the worst case might happen -- that it will exist, but it will exist on all other consoles, with no splitscreen, with no armor or health packs, with a two-weapon carry limit, with a limited weapon selection almost entirely from the 1900s, with mutant recharging whenever you hide behind a rock, with no MapMaker, and with slightly too linear single player campaign.

If this happens we gotta put Ace on suicide watch.

HylianTom

Banned

What would be even worse is if it's GREAT and it's only on other consoles.

The "vindictive bitch" part of me would kinda laugh if the others got it, Nintendo fans wailed and got upset, and then - after all of this drama - it ended-up being utter shite.

Linkhero1

- Tuesday and Wednesday off from work
- lots of junk food, carbonated beverages, desserts, etc.
- watching the conference online (I don't get G4, and even if I did, I wouldn't watch that channel)
- one tab open to this thread
- one tab open to the Gaming Side
- one tab open to the pseudobanned Nintendo site
- cell phone shut-off

Sounds awesome.

I'll be watching it from my new Wii U tablet, which I'll be bribing a certain bear to steal for me.

Wy07k.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom