• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrWong

How's everyone else going to view E3 this year?

I plan on watching it on my HDTV (laptop to TV through HDMI) with a lot of snacks with the fam. It will be exciting getting hyped together. I don't think I'll be posting online during any of the conferences either.
Last year I watched it while I was at Annecy, for the international anime film festival. Should be the same this year. WithE3 and the festival at the same time it will be an intensive and über-hyped week for me.

Does it matter if its a headset or headphone jack? you can have mic made with a headphone jack input right?

Yeah, most modern headphone jacks can support mics.

Ace. Please think of the future games you can be playing on your Wii U? F-Zero WUX, Time Spliiters 4...oh wait. :p

ccuqC.jpg

What would be even worse is if it's GREAT and it's only on other consoles.

The "vindictive bitch" part of me would kinda laugh if the others got it, Nintendo fans wailed and got upset, and then - after all of this drama - it ended-up being utter shite.

Pfff, I'd just buy a PS3. They're getting reasonably priced nowadays, and they have a few games which seem really interesting.

HylianTom

Banned
Sounds awesome.

It's my Wind Waker Protocol. The Wind Waker release was the first time when, after graduating from college and being an adult and not having school responsibilities, I was able to start taking time off for gaming-related events. Lots of food and drink, the house being spotlessly clean, me shutting-out the world for a few days.. it's been a good pattern for me, and I won't be stopping anytime soon.

So is "Why does the headphone cord come out the top?" the new "Why does the Classic Controller cord come out the bottom?"?

Wow, that 's new to me and I'm stunned if some complained about that.

Uhm, not to sound stupid but where is the difference between having the jack at the bottom and plugging it in on top and having the cable go under the DRC? (apart from losing a few cm of lenght).
Would prefer bottom too (move the stylus while you're at it) but the big difference escapes me.

With headphones length is crucial and it would take more just a "few cm" to make up for it. At least my IPhone is much smaller and I can just move the cord to the side, so it's easier to deal with than it will be with the UPad (a much wider and thicker device) where I'll have to buy a much longer pair of headphones (not a big deal and I'm already planning on it).

Anyways enough of my headphone whining, today was a great day for Wii U fans.

Linkhero1

It's my Wind Waker Protocol. The Wind Waker release was the first time when, after graduating from college and being an adult and not having school responsibilities, I was able to start taking time off for gaming-related events. Lots of food and drink, the house being spotlessly clean, me shutting-out the world for a few days.. it's been a good pattern for me, and I won't be stopping anytime soon.

I graduate next semester, so I look forward to not having exams anymore and doing the same. Must be awesome for you HT :D

Yeah, most modern headphone jacks can support mics.

http://i.imgur.com/ccuqC.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f1-ipNK5dY&t=0m20s"]:([/URL]

DrWong

I don't know if there's anything left worth mentioning that I (or others) haven't already mentioned in some fashion. Though I will say Ideaman and I did "compare notes" and filled in some gaps of info for each other. :)
So now Ideamn & you are on par. Nice move.

HylianTom

Banned
If I don't get F-Zero and Star Fox this generation

I'm just gonna...

I think I want F-Zero to return more than StarFox. The only bad thing is, if it's about as good as GX, I'm going to disappear into that game for months. My family and co-workers are going to get pissy with me.

Conor 419

Banned
Last year I watched it while I was at Annecy, for the international anime film festival. Should be the same this year. WithE3 and the festival at the same time it will be an intensive and über-hyped week for me.

I think the entirety of this board should watch it in a single mumble chat, it'd be hilarious.

Shurayuki

^ 100 people talking over each other in dozens of languages, I approve!

With headphones length is crucial and it would take more just a "few cm" to make up for it. At least my IPhone is much smaller and I can just move the cord to the side, so it's easier to deal with than it will be with the UPad (a much wider and thicker device) where I'll have to buy a much longer pair of headphones (not a big deal and I'm already planning on it).

Anyways enough of my headphone whining, today was a great day for Wii U fans.

Haha why it's okay. I hear ya on the length issue, had that problem (on my cell too) myself BUT the (cheap as hell) Sennheiser earplugs I use atm have an extraordinarily long cord so I remain unphazed for the time being. ♪

(also wouldn't an extension cable be cheaper ;D)

Smellycat

Just wanted to second that they really need to move the jack to the bottom. The headphone jack on my IPhone (which I'm posting from now) is on top and it's literally the only thing I hate about the device, especially when I'm using it in bed. Just feels very awkward and I'm constantly having to brush the cord off the screen. So yeah, upper headphone jack on the UPad is indeed a potential major annoyance.

It is good to know that I am not the only one. Haha

BY2K

Membero Americo
Looking at you-know-what-Nintendo, it's amazing how many people lurk here and talk about NeoGAF either in their comment or on chat.

It's like people are counting on us to bring the good news.

Looking at you-know-what-Nintendo, it's amazing how many people lurk here and talk about NeoGAF either in their comment or on chat.

GAF is pretty much the largest dedicated gaming forum around, so it makes sense.

HylianTom

Banned
You know what? I'll take that over no F-Zero this gen.
Same here. Maybe add a few tracks, include an online racing feature and some sort of Spectator Mode for those of us who sometimes would rather watch than participate, and I'd be there on Day 1. Especially if new racer parts are added for the custom racer-building feature.

M74

By the way, did anyone check in on VandalGAF to make sure they are still alive after a day of actual hype-worthy news?

Linkhero1

Then you will be rewarding Nintendo for doing the wrong thing.

I can't help it. I need F-Zero in my life. :(

Same here. Maybe add a few tracks, include an online racing feature and some sort of Spectator Mode for those of us who sometimes would rather watch than participate, and I'd be there on Day 1. Especially if new racer parts are added for the custom racer-building feature.

That would be an awesome addition. I wouldn't mind all the AX stuff too.

They could always release a downloadable F-Zero GX with online and HD graphics.

It'd be disappointing if Nintendo didn't embrace the HD Collection/Remaster trend. They have a big back catalog of GC and Wii games that a lot of people would jump on. Wind Waker, the Galaxy titles, F-Zero GC, Xenoblade etc. are all titles that people would jump on. Plus we know that they're relatively quick and easy to put together. The original GoW Collection only took 15 weeks to complete. And there are a number of devs that now specialize at making them.

What Nintendo really need to do is make the 'Wii U Fit' games with cam features and online to share and record workouts.

Watching hot mums workout would increase sales tenfold.

Gravijah

It'd be disappointing if Nintendo didn't embrace the HD Collection/Remaster trend. They have a big back catalog of GC and Wii games that a lot of people would jump on. Wind Waker, the Galaxy titles, F-Zero GC, Xenoblade etc. are all titles that people would jump on. Plus we know that they're relatively quick and easy to put together. The original GoW Collection only took 15 weeks to complete. And there are a number of devs that now specialize at making them.

just give me at least a gamecube virtual console. pleeeeease.

HylianTom

Banned

I have thought about it, and if NeoGAF goes down on that day, I might end-up in the IRC chat over there. Very easy format, and like you say, there are a number of us who already frequent the site.

By the way, did anyone check in on VandalGAF to make sure they are still alive after a day of actual hype-worthy news?

I followed them until I left work about five hours ago. It's crazy how they totally overflow and have to create new threads every few days!

HylianTom

Banned

I'm hoping for some of these as well. As much as the digital download service for GameCube titles sounds nice, I would much prefer physical media releases for my titles.

Shurayuki

I just got word that axisofweevils got banned :(

He says hi.

Any reason why he got banned? Seemed like a pretty reasonable dude.

Hope it's OK if I say it, apparently it was "picspam", the main lesson to take away from that seems to be that you shouldn't post those pics that make fun of Vita at least...

Well he'll be with us in 2 weeks again so that's good!

What Nintendo really need to do is make the 'Wii U Fit' games with cam features and online to share and record workouts.

Watching hot mums workout would increase sales tenfold.

I can already see the Metro article about hackers peeking on people through the cameras...now pedofiles don't even have to make contact anymore!

Hope it's OK if I say it, apparently it was "picspam", the main lesson to take away from that seems to be that you shouldn't post those pics that make fun of Vita at least...

That's refreshing to hear. Too many permas being handed around these days…

BlackJace

Right, right. At least he'll be back for some E3 madness.

EDIT: I don't think you can get in trouble for telling why someone was banned, Shurayuki. Can some some one else confirm this?

HylianTom

Banned

That's refreshing to hear. Too many permas being handed around these days…

Relieving indeed. I was worried that we'd lost yet another one.

Sometime before the E3 festivities kick-off in earnest, we might need to do an Academy Awards-style retrospective for "those who have left us" over the past year. Something with soft lighting, slow-motion video, and piano music..

Linkhero1

I really doubted I'd be getting Wii U day one, but if Rayman Legends is a launch title then I'm down for one. It looks better than Origins from what I can tell. Something about Origins was off but I don't know what.

I just got word that axisofweevils got banned :(

He says hi.

Any reason why he got banned? Seemed like a pretty reasonable dude.

Let him know that I await his return :)

HylianTom

Banned
I really doubted I'd be getting Wii U day one, but if Rayman Legends is a launch title then I'm down for one. It looks better than Origins from what I can tell. Something about Origins was off but I don't know what.

After seeing the change in tone over the past 24 hours, I'm betting that a bunch of people who are/were on the fence about this system are going to jump on it. Fatigue over this generation and Nintendo meeting low expectations are going to help them in a very big way when they try to take advantage of being the first next-gen console released. They've just gotta stick the landing at E3. That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom