• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U + Switch Owners, will you be getting rid of your vanilla Mario Kart 8 game?

Cranzor

I'm currently debating this now. Generally, I like to keep all of my games. But it would be a shame to have the Wii U version just sitting there when I have an upgraded version. I haven't had any problems getting new versions of the 3DS and trading in/selling my old ones, but for some reason I find myself wanting to keep the Wii U version of Mario Kart 8.

I wouldn't because the online on wii u is free.

Until they cut it off. Not saying anything is happening yet, and of course Wii was a special case because iirc they were having to pay per year because the hosting company they used for Wii/DS online folded... but they cut Wii online functionality in all games about the same time MK8 launched on Wii U.

I doubt they're planning to do it again, but I'd be really pissed if they did it anywhere near as early as they did in the Wii U lifetime vs Wii.

If you plan on buying a Switch, might as well trade-in any of the other top-tier Wii U games you own before their value plummets. I'm trying to get rid of Smash, Xenoblade X, and 3D World before their potential re-releases are announced.

btrboyev

And do what with it? It's not worth enough to sell, and the market for it is small. It's one of the rare Wii U games that most Wii U owners probably have.

It's also staying in my collection

I did with the EB double trade in thing, it basically gave me the new version for a few bucks. But then my family caught wind so I had to pre-order 2 more copies.

I'll get my revenge on the track!

HCgamer

In november I traded in mario kart 8 and smash wii u to gs recently I purchased both games again for wiiu tired of waiting. I am trying to three star every course in the game every circuit I will buy deluxe in the future just to own it but unless they release new dlc tracks characters for it I cannot see myself playing it much have already invested much time on it. I have doubt nintendo will release a smash wii u port for switch they are making to much money off the dlc on wiiu I heard to have every character stage playable it costs over $100.

Z..

Not gonna bother with new versions unless maasuve improvements are a factor. Paid online? No, thank you...

AndrewPL

Nah, I'll keep it but doubt I'll go back and play it again.

Will also wait until deluxe is heavily discounted before buying.

Menitta

I'm not gonna get Deluxe. I put enough time into Vanilla as it is and I don't value the additional content in Deluxe enough to warrant another $60 purchase.

Battle mode wasn't my thing. I'd rather have new tracks.

PeterGAF

Banned
Nope! I played MK8 with my roommates every day during my sernior year of college. Not even exaggerating. Too many memories with that disk. I'll never get rid of it. But I'm really looking forward to getting the Switch version so I can bring it with me the next time I see them!

Already did, along with my Wii U. Couldn't resist Gamestop's trade-in promo for a Switch, though I do regret it somewhat. But knowing Nintendo isn't going to be publishing games elsewhere, figured I might as well. Here's to hoping CEMU validates my decision to unload.

Jacknapes

There's not enough reason for me to upgrade to the Switch version, well at least not yet. Unless Ninty make new tracks for the Switch version.

Top Bottom