• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U + Switch Owners, will you be getting rid of your vanilla Mario Kart 8 game?

G0523

I can't be arsed. I probably won't make much on it and I intend to buy the Switch version digitally anyway, so it'll be nice to be able to hold onto a physical copy.
Huh. This actually makes sense. I decided to go all digital for the Switch and I guess having a physical copy of Mario Kart 8 for Wii U doesn't look so bad now.

Of course, it'll be weird when Mario Kart 9 comes out. There has never been two Mario Kart games on the same system before (excluding Virtual Console).

My mom is a huge mario kart fan and is ready to play the Deluxe version since we didn't have a Wii U when it came out or much interest in one.

So yeah I'm in since I found out that A: it has all the dlc B: cartridge based loading will make it so fast if Zelda is anything to go by C: pairing off the joy cons so my mother and I can play together, which we haven't done since the n64 days.

atr0cious

Digital on Wii u, so I can't, but I'm keeping my Wii U and all the software, save Lego City, which I sold to make way for the switch version. But the wii u version didn't have co-op and that's the only way I play the Lego games.

Looking forward to playing on my Switch. I have only played MK7 on a 3DS. Is MK8 a big improvement?
In some ways, yes.
Graphically, it takes a large crap on every other game in the franchise and plays better than them all as well.
In some ways, no.
It's crazier than ever in its chaotic bullshit.
In 7, I always finished near the top. In 8, I just aim for the top 5.

Vidiot

Traded in to amazon weeks ago for $25 and used that toward a preorder of MK8 Deluxe. With my prime discount the game is going to end up being $25. Completely worth it imo.

MutFox

Banned
Actually, will sell a bunch of my physical Wii U software.
Then buy the eventual Switch ports digitally.

Switch is the system I want to have a ton of games with me at all times.
Especially pick up and play games.

Already traded my Wii U copy of MK 8 last month with zero hesitation so I could get my Pro Controller on the cheap for $46 with the help of a friend's Gamestop Pro membership and extra trade in value special GS was running at the time, managed to get $28 credit for it.

Nah, to me it is one of the games that made the Wii U what it is, so even though I'm buying it again on Switch it'll be a permanent part of my Wii U collection. So many good memories.

Eusis

Bought mine digitally, soo...
Same boat. And with a 2TB drive there's not much reason to delete it.

Actually, there's a hell of a case for getting a 500 TB external and using that with the Wii U instead. A 2 TB HDD has better uses than being stuck to that.

Same boat. And with a 2TB drive there's not much reason to delete it.

Actually, there's a hell of a case for getting a 500 TB external and using that with the Wii U instead. A 2 TB HDD has better uses than being stuck to that.
500 TB seems like overkill

I sold MK8 Wii U when I heard about the Switch version coming out.

I barely played it and I regretted buying the DLC (even though it was really good DLC). I played through all the tracks once and that was enough for me.

I honestly don't know if I will rebuy it on the Switch, probably only if I can get a good deal on it (Black Friday or something). Mario Kart DS spoiled me with its great single player mission mode and its been hard to justify getting any Mario Kart games since then since I so rarely play them multi-player. But it is a good game to have just in case you have people over who want to play something that's easy to pick-up-and-play.

Fularu

Banned
Nope

Like every Nintendo title, it's only going up in value (compared to what I would get by trading it in anyway)

I bought it digitally, so no, and fuck Nintendo for not doing some kind of upgrade discount.

Did Sony give any kind of "discount" for people who owned TLOU? Uncharted Games? GoW 3?

If not, why would Nintendo be any different?

I was thinking about this earlier today. If somewhere - Gamestop probably - does some sort of promotion to trade up MK8 to MK8D I'd probably bite. It's really a shame Nintendo doesn't do some sort of upgrade discount themselves - $60 is a really hard sell for a game I've already spent $80 on.

And even then I would have paid it had they only made new courses...

kunonabi

I won't be buying any ports when I eventually pick up a switch. I'll just bum MK's battle mode off of friends.

I spent a couple weeks contemplating it. Ultimately, I ended up selling my Wii U MK8 copy, because 1080p and a proper Battle Mode was enough to get me to decide to get the Switch version.

antibolo

Banned
Huh. This actually makes sense. I decided to go all digital for the Switch and I guess having a physical copy of Mario Kart 8 for Wii U doesn't look so bad now.

Of course, it'll be weird when Mario Kart 9 comes out. There has never been two Mario Kart games on the same system before (excluding Virtual Console).

I don't think a MK9 for Switch is happening. They'll probably just make regular DLC updates to Deluxe.

Top Bottom