• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U + Switch Owners, will you be getting rid of your vanilla Mario Kart 8 game?

Richie

Initially I was disappointed at no upgrade discount for Wii U owners, then I realize I already got Pikmin 3 for free with my MK8 purchase so I can't complain.

Did already trade in the game for when I have a Switch.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
I sell nothing so I regret nothing. MarioKart 8 is as fine a kart racer that ever was but I don't need it 2wice. Looks like ARMS will be my next big Switch game.

PSFan

Physical - no chance.

Discounts for digital haven't been ruled out though and would make sense.

It would not make sense at all. It would just be penalizing people who bought physical copies. They will never discount digital and just leave physical owners out in the cold.

Smasher89

Bought digital version os got super mario kart and nsmb u in that price too, and got the dlc so now way that'll be sold. This definitly delays me getting a Switch though, concidering there hasnt been announced any game transfers yet. Since both Wii U library and DS+3DS library can be played by my slightly older consoles, it feels like a huge downgrade atm to not be able to play all those games on it, and another paywall for online isnt making it any ,more attractive to buy(hardwarewise a hybrid does seem like a good idea though)..

Taker666

Got it digitally on Wii U, as they gave another free digital game away with it at the time.

I've not got a Switch yet. I was going to (I've actually got Zelda for Switch already waiting for me to play) but I'm going to wait a few more months for when I'm more confident the screen scratching/dodgy controller signal issue is fully resolved.

If they let you upgrade to the Deluxe version for £20 if you already own the Wii U version digitally..then I'd upgrade..

...if not..I'll wait for Mario Kart 9.

Digital like 80% of my huge WiiU collection...
Time will tell if that was a mistake.
I wouldn't sell it anyway. Would only sell games if I would be in serious financial trouble lol

I have a large Wii U collection and will be keeping all the games. I'm actually going for a full Wii U set and only need a couple titles but even if I wasn't I wouldn't sell it. I own some games multiple times on various systems and don't tend to keep them.

ZAMtendo

Obliterating everything that's not your friend
I spent lots of money on MK8 Wii U that it feels stupid to sell it. But then again it's impossible to sell it because I bought it digital #fail

Bowl0l

I can't do that because all my WiiU games are digital downloads.
Besides that, i don't plan to get Switch version of Mario Kart 8, especially not at $60. Probably at $30 max.

Forkball

I have it digitally so uh, I guess not.

Though I will probably never sell any of my games ever again. When I was younger, of course I sold off old games to buy new games, but now I regret not having my original consoles I grew up with. I have no ambition to become hardcore game collector, but I would like to own every major console and handheld eventually. I plan on keeping my Wii U for this purpose, even if it is doomed to live in a box for eternity.

Phoenixus

I'd like to but I have the original digitally. It's a game worth double dipping for at least, especially with the portable factor.

Not sure if I am getting MK8DX yet, it doesn't seem worth it to me. Either way I would not trade in my Wii U version since I got all the DlC and it's an awesome game for the collection.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
I'm hoping that Switch gets upgraded versions of all the major Wii U titles so I can dump my Wii U entirely.

If Switch gets NSMBU, 3D World, and Xenoblade Chronicles X, I am selling the Wii U.

jwillenn

not getting rid of MK8 (entire library came from eShop anyway, but still wouldn't if physical)
not buying MK8D

Jazzem

I'm another folk keeping mine for collector's purposes, got Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on preorder for £33 via Amazon discount codes. Can't resist a better version of my favourite entry in the series to date :)

I may actually consider swapping my phsyical MK8D for a digital copy down the line if I can ever get it cheaper, strikes me as the sort of game that'd be nice to have installed on the system. Not at the current price though :p

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Sold it off months ago knowing the Switch version was coming.

Cepheus

I don't think I'll sell it. The Wii U is technically for the whole family, not just me, so it wouldn't be right if I did. I'll probably end up getting Mario Kart 8D later down the line.

Kouriozan

I have bought both DLC and already resold mine, too.
But I won't pick up the Switch version, I'm done with Mario Kart 8 and can wait for 9 in a few years.

Already had my fill with the first release, and I don't really see the point in buying it or any of the other ports I've already done once quite honestly.

They all just seem a waste of time and money with all the other amazing new games that have come out I already don't have time to play all of.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if MK8 DX has Youtube compatibility like the original?

I'd hope they improve it, it sucked in MK8 since you had so little control over what it captured or how. I had a lot of stuff I wanted to upload but didn't because it either wouldn't show up in any replays or it would pick a bad camera angle.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I'd upgrade if I could find a decent place to trade it in. Even with GCU I'll only get 13.20 back.

Sell on Amazon if in the US (or their country where you can). I just looked and Used Like New copies are listed for $42-50.

I sold mine for $40 something a while back.

Top Bottom