• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U System Update Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
But lets say you turn off the system
The system keeps downloading stuff. You go to sleep
Suddenly, the power goes out in your house, while you sleep and the wiiu is downloading stuff
Is there risk of bricking the system?

It's downloading. Same as if it were on while downloading.

And even if it occurred during installation, the data might just get corrupted. It won't brick the system. The only thing that could possibly do that is an interrupted install of a system update.

beje

Banned
But lets say you turn off the system
The system keeps downloading stuff. You go to sleep
Suddenly, the power goes out in your house, while you sleep and the wiiu is downloading stuff
Is there risk of bricking the system?

Unless it's installing a firmware update, I doubt it. It would detect a corrupt, half installed title and just delete it and start installing again because that stuff shouldn't touch anywhere near the System partition/area/files/whatever. Even for corrupted firmware updates I wouldn't be surprised if it had some kind of recover menu like the 3DS does, or if it does a two-step installation, not touching the original files until it's done then delete the old firmware when all verifications come into place. It's programming 101.

D-e-f-

Banned
No offence, but...how else would it work?

tumblr_mc6pgbPWf81reby8oo1_400.gif

D-e-f-

Banned
All the VC games bought via the wii shop appear automatically on my account on the Nintendo website. My wiiu is linked to this account so...

But you should know from experience that this means nothing as of right now. Hence why Wii VC games don't carry over to 3DS VC in spite of the same being true there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom