• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Will I be able to play Titanfall on Switch?" "No. hahaha" says Sr Designer @ Respawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironmang

It's better consumers know that this is the attitude from devs towards the Switch that just relying on Nintendo PR.

Not that I think it matters for TF2 though since nobody cares about that game. Would be more impactful coming from a bigger franchise.

Zelda BotW and Mario Odyssey will surpass all his games he ever made and will make so why is he laughing?
The games he worked on
0SWOUwDh.jpg

Last i checked cod4 did over 15million
He created some of the most iconic levels.
You guys really arnt giving him any respect jeez

guek

Banned
tbh, I don't think there's anything in Titanfall 2 the Switch inherently couldn't handle, though perhaps not to the standard that Respawn would like to maintain.

"The industry should stop beating around the bush all the time and just be honest!"

"Oh my god I can't believe he was unfiltered like that it was soooo rude!!!"

saturnine

Some people in this thread seem to have a hard time grasping the differences between being a PR dervish, being honest and being an ass.

pablito

Just watched from the timestamp.

That's being a dick to you guys? To the point of celebrating his games lackluster sales and making fun of his appearance. I think you guys got it backwards.

botty

Banned
I love the "Nintendo fans" replies, like, if you're not a Nintendo fan you can't think that this guy had a crappy attitude. I enjoy Titanfall 2 on PC but it doesn't stop me from thinking that a crap attitude is a crap attitude.

Having a crappy attitude would have been this guy hoping Nintendo falls under and tanks (like the Nintendo fans in this thread are now doing for Respawn). All he did was drunkenly state a fact about a company that is now heading towards its 3rd strike.

Come on people this guy didn't kick your dog he criticized a piece of plastic the a mulit billion company who doesn't know or care who any of us are makes.

Sendou

I understand the comment about Nintendo's consoles being catered to certain demographic that might not be same as Titanfall's but doesn't Titanfall 2 run on modified Source engine? If there was a reason to believe that it would sell on the system I'm sure they could port it over. I think his comment is fair enough but what does Wii U's Zelda being ported to Switch have to do with anything.

That's being a dick to you guys? To the point of celebrating his games lackluster sales and making fun of his appearance. I think you guys got it backwards.

I think anyone making fun of him didn't actually watch the video.

LordKano

You're saying his argument has no merit because his game bombed, instead of engaging his argument. The definition of ad hom and fallacious reasoning.

I've never said that. How is there even an argument in saying that the Switch isn't powerful enough to run his game ? He's the game dev, he should know it better than anyone else.

This is GAF. Like 50% of posters don't read much past the title.

Tryxx

Can only blame Nintendo honestly with how this crazy generation has been so heavily based on power I'm sure they knew this would be a huge topic.

Having a crappy attitude would have been this guy hoping Nintendo falls under and tanks (like the Nintendo fans in this thread are now doing for Respawn). All he did was drunkenly state a fact about a company that is now heading towards its 3rd strike.

It's the way he did it, it really doesn't matter that he's drunk. I can say harsh things and still show some respect.

Trojan

Harsh but fair. I like it when devs are just normal people like this and not spouting PR talking points. This is how my friends would probably answer this question.

The games sales are pretty relevant. If the game did well there would be money to port the game to other systems/Nintendo might try to actually get a port. Since the game bombed nobody cares.

Like FIFA will be worse on Switch, but it's still coming to Switch because FIFA is a valuable game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom