• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shengar

Any possible Baccano S2 wouldn't be as good as the first season, which felt as self-contained as it could get, so I'm good.

It'll be still better than any Brain's Base recent output though. But while Baccano S2 is nigh impossible, I don't have the slightes clue why Durarara S2 isn't a thing.

God damn I wasn't even close, haha. Nearly a full 100 posts short of the mark. Well there you go, Kirby, even with all the freebies and handicaps I couldn't do it. Defs not trying that again.

I lost faith a while back because cajun told me a story of how he was out of the picture for like two weeks and was 400 posts behind someone, and he still snatched victory from the jaws of defeat

Dokidoki hate front and center? Cute.

When there comes a time where I feel like redoing my Precure Overview, I'm hoping to do a neutral view on every season (except the sequels).

CorvoSol

do i even want to know

In Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
Gates, the most visible antagonist, is seen naked with a box of tissues he is furiously removing tissues from. The massive screen behind him has images of kittens and other cute baby animals going along it. It's hard to say if that's all a visual euphemism or not, since Gates refers to the female assassins in the show as "Daddy's little Kittens".

CorvoSol

I lost faith a while back because cajun told me a story of how he was out of the picture for like two weeks and was 400 posts behind someone, and he still snatched victory from the jaws of defeat

I feel like the Shonen protagonist who came in 2nd place.

Which puts me above Ash Ketchum and beneath all other Shonen protagonists.

EDIT: YOU'RE SHITTING ME THE MURDER MOVIE MYSTERY IS GOING ON FOR ANOTHER EPISODE IN HYOUKA? FUCK WHY CAN'T WE MOVE ON TO AN ACTUAL PLOT ALREADY YEESH.

I feel like the Shonen protagonist who came in 2nd place.

Which puts me above Ash Ketchum and beneath all other Shonen protagonists.

EDIT: YOU'RE SHITTING ME THE MURDER MOVIE MYSTERY IS GOING ON FOR ANOTHER EPISODE IN HYOUKA? FUCK WHY CAN'T WE MOVE ON TO AN ACTUAL PLOT ALREADY YEESH.

lol

Crocodile

Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention to the opening posts of OTX threads of a particular season past the first one but these opening posts are very opinionated. I'm not sure I like how they set the tone of discussion regardless of whether or not I agree with the opinions stated for any particular show I've actually seen enough to have an opinion on.

CorvoSol

Hyouka 11

No.

You know what? Fuck this show.

Melodrama over a fucking shitty movie the girl never bothered to finish. Holy shit if I wanted lame ass, pointless, meandering, blathering arguments over fucking nothing I'd come into this thread and read my post history.

Fuck Hyouka. There has been no character development of any sort in 12 episodes now, and the addition of bullshit melodrama over a fucking home movie is, God I can't even think of a word strong enough to express my discontent with this boring, pointless, absurd, horrible, over rated piece of shit of a show.

Fuck KyoAni. Fuck them for dropping things like Full Metal Panic! to make SHIT like THIS.

and last of all, FUCK ME for not listening and thinking this show would ever improve. God I haven't wasted my time on a horrible show like this since at LEAST 00 Gundam.

Holy shit what a waste of my time this entire, awful, miserable piece of filth has been. Hotaro is deplorable, Chitanda is right there near the top of my list of most awful female characters in anime ever, Satoshi can go fuck himself with his bullshit Sherlockian vs Christie nonsense and Mayaka can call me when she wants to be in a show that doesn't suck as much as this.

FUCK.

Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention to the opening posts of OTX threads of a particular season past the first one but these opening posts are very opinionated. I'm not sure I like how they set the tone of discussion regardless of whether or not I agree with the opinions stated for any particular show I've actually seen enough to have an opinion on.

Well it's not like people actually read the OP after a certain period of time.

Let's not get too ambitious here. As I am now, I'm pre-Hunter exam Gon and Cajun is Hisoka when it comes to posting.

Too ambitious?

OceanBlue

A worthy adversary, megane and exposed tummy are great but Plamya-sama brings out my inner-masochist.

I'm not really masochist-inclined so I'm interested in seeing how Renge and her partner are characterized. I like their outfits the most of anyone in the series too! Luckily for me, they seem to be getting a proper introduction in the next episode, but the MC is the type who seems as if he's destined to be abused by everyone in the cast lol.

I really have a hard time imagining not liking episode 11 of Hyouka. That was such a magical, perfect episode, and the way that arc ended was just brilliant. Seeing everything get broken down was a chilling experience.

Actually, Corvo's posts are just making me remember how perfect Hyouka was.

Soma

When someone is finding the Persona 4 anime more enjoyable than Hyouka, I think that's saying more about the person watching it than the show itself.

I'm not really masochist-inclined so I'm interested in seeing how Renge and her partner are characterized. I like their outfits the most of anyone in the series too! Luckily for me, they seem to be getting a proper introduction in the next episode, but the MC is the type who seems as if he's destined to be abused by everyone in the cast lol.
Renge is eyebrows right? She's a cutie, hopefully there'll be some fun nonsense if they ever decide to infiltrate their respective schools and whatnot.

cajunator

Banned

When there comes a time where I feel like redoing my Precure Overview, I'm hoping to do a neutral view on every season (except the sequels).

Yeah that was pretty nuts. Im just always on here. Im addicted to the internet and its really not a good thing but its true.

Oh la dresden sniped the other thread .
Feel like with him , we're never going to go past 20k last before.

he is actually doing his job!!

Quasar

I made it five minutes into Yuushibu before I had to bail because it was so disgustingly crass. Maou-sama is thankfully tame in that respect (so far).

Well I don't really think episode 1 is indicative of the level of the show. I was rather surprised just how much about retail is actually in the show. its much more about that than Maou-sama was.

wonzo

Banned
The one year where the definitively best show won. ;_;7

When someone is finding the Persona 4 anime more enjoyable than Hyouka, I think that's saying more about the person watching it than the show itself.
whoo.png

Next HappinessCharge! Precure episode details. Will leave it spoilered if you want to read (not that it'll matter shortly after). Reveals an aspect to the dress up thing.

Next episode description is online on Asahi's website.
http://asahi.co.jp/precure/happiness/story/

Basically:
Princess runs away while Lovely fights the Saiark, who stands up again and again every time she's hit
After Lovely defeats the Saiark, she searches for Hime and arrives at the Blue Sky Kingdom's embassy where she meets Blue who asks her to protect Earth from the Phantom Empire
She accepts and decides to fight together with Hime as precures
But Hime runs away crying
Ribbon sneezes out a Detective card which Megumi uses to change into a detective like Sherlock Holmes to search for Hime
The powered-up detective Megumi finds Hime

But just as Megumi calls out to Hime, who sits downheartedly on a bench in the park...!

Yay new thread. I'm behind on a ton of stuff and I'm considering starting Noragami from the current season and Mushishi before the next.

Thank god list season stuff is pretty much over now.

Quasar

ed my time on a horrible show like this since at LEAST 00 Gundam.

Holy shit what a waste of my time this entire, awful, miserable piece of filth has been. Hotaro is deplorable, Chitanda is right there near the top of my list of most awful female characters in anime ever, Satoshi can go fuck himself with his bullshit Sherlockian vs Christie nonsense and Mayaka can call me when she wants to be in a show that doesn't suck as much as this.

FUCK.

Tell us how you really feel.

Branduil

I really have a hard time imagining not liking episode 11 of Hyouka. That was such a magical, perfect episode, and the way that arc ended was just brilliant. Seeing everything get broken down was a chilling experience.

Actually, Corvo's posts are just making me remember how perfect Hyouka was.

I feel like rewatching it. This thread deserves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom