• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pfft, what happened to secret best (brown) girl route.

There was another girl say what?!?! I did not know that existed.

Everyone here has already 100%ed kawata shoujo

I only did glasses girl, Emi and Lilly.

Somehow I got Emi on my first try. I
ran as hard as I could
. I knew the game
wouldn't kill my character off that quickly so decided "eh why not run as hard as I can"
. Emi was cool I guess.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

ran as hard as I could
. I knew the game
wouldn't kill my character off that quickly so decided "eh why not run as hard as I can"
. Emi was cool I guess.

She's a very minor character, tbh.

You should at least do Hanako's route too.

I refuse to do
Hanako's bad ending

Did you do her neutral ending?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

ran as hard as I could
. I knew the game
. Emi was cool I guess.

Best girl's name is Shizune, and everyone basically gets Emi, because everyone knows its common sense to make the main character run to get healthier, little did everyone know is that automatically puts you on Emi's route.

I'm trying to catch up on Yowamushi Pedal (at episode 21).

One of the most 'bro' shows I've ever seen, good stuff.

Now if only a legit cycling apparel company can make replica racing jerseys/bib shorts of the school teams already...

I am actually kind of surprised so many people on this forum played this game. I don't even remember how I even started playing it but I remember telling my roommate while he was watching his anime, "this game is actually interesting.... and it's free".

I remember I got him into it too.

It was a weird weekend.

cajunator

Banned

glorious perfection.

We'll be going to various geological and engineering landmarks around the major cities near here. I'd be more excited if it wasn't for the fact that weekends I stay here I tend to relax, sleep, and take it easy as I spread my lab reports and hws to not overwhelm me. With this I now have to get most of my shit done before the weekend since we wouldn't be back till sunday at around 2 pm. And this stuff is all due on Monday. I'm just venting though. I'll at least try to have it all done by thursday since I get out relatively early then and I can watch animu that day.

But since I'm pushing back Golden Time until next week so I don't have to deal with drama+waiting a week, I have nothing new to watch thursday. And the last episode of Samumenco was underwhelming. I miss the crazy.

sounds fun to me.
what city are we talking about here?

Everyone here has already 100%ed kawata shoujo

I havent played this game.

Zeppeli

Banned
Best girl's name is Shizune, and everyone basically gets Emi, because everyone knows its common sense to make the main character run to get healthier, little did everyone know is that automatically puts you on Emi's route.

Yeah, it can be a real pain in the ass when you fall into Emi's route. Leaves a sour taste in your mouth, almost like a lemon.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I am actually kind of surprised so many people on this forum played this game. I don't even remember how I even started playing it but I remember telling my roommate while he was watching his anime, "this game is actually interesting.... and it's free".

I remember I got him into it too.

It was a weird weekend.

There's actually a Gaming Community thread for it, btw!

I havent played this game.

:O there's too much cute for you to pass up cajun!

jman2050

I am actually kind of surprised so many people on this forum played this game.

Well despite how it may appear sometimes, this is primarily a video game forum after all. It's no surprise that a free game with such an... infamous development presence would get some air time around here, and especially since it ended up being pretty good.

sounds fun to me.
what city are we talking about here?

Well I'm in Texas. So landmarks around the cities such as San Antonio and Austin. I'm finalizing a paper detailing the history of the San Antonio River Walk. I've been there a couple of times already and it's beautiful, never really thought about all the planning or the reasoning behind it.

Gazoinks

JoJo 12

Sorry Jolyne, but Joseph is forever best girl.

Also, WHY DID THE GERMANS SHOUT "OH, TACOS" WHEN THEY WERE ATTACKED.

I forgot how creepy the Santana fight was. I don't really remember it from the manga at all, but it was creepy! Dude getting all bloated and stuff.

Nothing wrong with Emi, she was fine. She did end up being my first route as well I guess.

Also Shizune is terrible.

+1

Shizune was stuck up and always had a mightier than thou attitude. It was why I sided with Lilly so much.

Side Note: I legitimately tried to go for Lilly's route the first time and got into Emi's route. Which by the replies seems like happened to most people (maybe she's the "main girl route" the devs wanted you to go in; like Asa in Shuffle or Nagisa in Clannad). But I got Lilly and found Lilly's route to be the best.

So really it's Lilly = Best girl.

Well despite how it may appear sometimes, this is primarily a video game forum after all. It's no surprise that a free game with such an... infamous development presence would get some air time around here, and especially since it ended up being pretty good.

The only reason why I played it more than once was that the writing was actually pretty good for a premise I thought would be terrible but they were very respectful about it.

Plus the crazy friend was downright hilarious.

*doesn't see it listed for ps4*

KpMQl7r.jpg

ISh9UD1.gif

WHAT GOOD ARE YOU TO ME. BESIDES SECOND SON. AND OTHER UPCOMING GAMES.

wonzo

Banned
wait, people are actually looking forward to that f2p-esque (pay full price for the ultimate microtransaction experience!) jojo game coming over? ugh.

jgminto

Physical is limited, but it's coming out digitally too.

I thought I heard that games without english voice options couldn't go on PSN

wait, people are actually looking forward to that f2p-esque (pay full price for the ultimate microtransaction experience!) jojo game coming over? ugh.

You can get all of the costumes for free if you play that mode and the timer is being reduced in the upcoming patch. I'd rather that than paying $3 for skins.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Lily is confirmed to be the main girl, ironically the results of not running with emi in the beginning of the game, shows up the most in lilly's route.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

If anything it's the reverse. Games without English voice options are more likely to be PSN-only. Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2, Warriors Orochi 3, One Piece Pirate Warriors 1/2, etc. There's a ton of 'em.

wonzo

Banned

You can get all of the costumes for free if you play that mode and the timer is being reduced in the upcoming patch. I'd rather that than paying $3 for skins.
Woah woah woah, they actually charge for costumes? Holy shit I was just talking about the timer. No wonder used game stores refused to buy copies of this hot mess.

Articalys

Didn't ASB get a 40/40 from Famitsu too? Like there was a need for more reasons to never trust their reviews...

I'm still curious to know how much they have to change character/stand names to get around copyrights.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Didn't ASB get a 40/40 from Famitsu too? Like there was a need for more reasons to never trust their reviews...

I'm still curious to know how much they have to change character/stand names to get around copyrights.

Yeah, Famitsu has been shit ever since the Nintendogs 40/40.

jgminto

Woah woah woah, they actually charge for costumes? Holy shit I was just talking about the timer. No wonder used game stores refused to buy copies of this hot mess.

No, they don't charge for costumes. I'm saying the costumes they released with each character were free in the campaign mode. You can't buy them.

duckroll

I don't really think there's anything fundamentally wrong with the Jojo game other than being the usual unbalanced CyberConnect2 action fighting game. It has really good animations and tons of fanservice. The "f2p" mode is just an online quest mode that's tacked on to grind unlockables, and I think it's been replaced by something else in the western releases anyway, since I doubt they want to maintain a brand new server for a super niche limited release.

jgminto

The main problem with ASB was that the story mode was super weak. If they do another they need to go all out like they do with the Naruto games.

Articalys

I don't really think there's anything fundamentally wrong with the Jojo game other than being the usual unbalanced CyberConnect2 action fighting game. It has really good animations and tons of fanservice. The "f2p" mode is just an online quest mode that's tacked on to grind unlockables, and I think it's been replaced by something else in the western releases anyway, since I doubt they want to maintain a brand new server for a super niche limited release.
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, the style is impeccable. I'm just saying that from what I've heard the actual fighting mechanics part is nowhere near perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom