• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Futari wa Pretty Cure: RE: Splash Star 6

Amsed5n.jpg

You know... I think this really should be said, but god damn, do the parents show up quite often. Like... it doesn't make you forget them. And even if Mai's parents aren't always around, or get absorbed in their work, they're generally around enough to make you think "They don't really suck." I mean, Mai can be jealous of this fact, much like how Saki and Minori were jealous of their folks. Saki's parents pretty much displayed they are the shit by protecting their bakery....

...At this point, I really do miss this level of interaction between the cast. It really feels like its been some time since Smile was extremely lacking in this regard, and that Doki didn't go far enough, but it was an improvement over Smile in that area.

Feels like I've been taking pot shots at other Precure series as I'm watching Splash Star... granted right now, as I'm planning on rewatching 4 seasons of it, I'm frankly okay with it.

Clannad After Story 22

The montage, top tier stuff. But uh, the last 7 minutes, what's going on?

Yeah some people can follow episode 22 and others can't (like you and me). Episode 24 helps out a lot. Depending on where you watch it, it might be 23 or 25. It's a recap episode but it's with Tomoya explaining everything. Should help tremdously. Plus there's stuff at the very end of the episode.

Are you talking about the Fuko part or the miracle itself
?

survivor

Banned
Clannad After Story 22
An epilogue of sorts.

Right but
why is Ushio there? Or is there no significance to it and she was just playing around the hospital and ended up resting there?

Yeah some people can follow episode 22 and others can't (like you and me). Episode 24 helps out a lot. Depending on where you watch it, it might be 23 or 25. It's a recap episode but it's with Tomoya explaining everything. Should help tremdously. Plus there's stuff at the very end of the episode.

Are you talking about the Fuko part or the miracle itself
?
Well
I find the Fuko quite jarring after coming off from the heartwarming montage. The miracle, well not sure how I feel about it. I was just confused about what's Ushio doing there and if there was any meaning to what Fuko was talking about at the end

Man all my plans to relax this weekend by watching animu were crushed when I realized I have a field trip with a class the whole fucking weekend. And we're gonna be looking at rocks.

Ugh. I need to be lazy after the craziness of spring break. Guess Space Bros/Hajime no Ippo will have to wait.

Toradora 10

Yup. This show isn't capable of making a bad episode. I am convinced of it now. Still waiting for the feels but it also seems like all the girls are coming to a head.

It also feels like this may be turning into a harem....

CorvoSol

I suffer from Corvo based syndrome where I remember everything to do with those annoying little kids and vow never to watch the series again despite it being good.

Hey now I still want to rewatch E7 because Renton and Eureka and Charles and Ray and pure love and all that.

BUT THOSE CHILDREN NEED TO BE EATEN ALIVE BY SHARKS.

The E7 kids are really the worst thing about it. What the hell were they thinking.

"It's not like Gundam characters are ever bad!"

Clannad After Story 22

Right but
why is Ushio there? Or is there no significance to it and she was just playing around the hospital and ended up resting there?

I don't think there's any particular significance to that. It just shows that she's
the same girl as in the robot sequences and such. I think she's just resting there.

Oh, and watch the Clannad OP again now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2HmP6Sl5RQ

And you can see
the resting and the running through the fields bits. A little neat thing.

Narag

Man all my plans to relax this weekend by watching animu were crushed when I realized I have a field trip with a class the whole fucking weekend. And we're gonna be looking at rocks.

Ugh. I need to be lazy after the craziness of spring break. Guess Space Bros/Hajime no Ippo will have to wait.

Just convince KirbYayoi to watch Space Bros and live vicariously through those posts.

survivor

Banned
I don't think there's any particular significance to that. It just shows that she's
the same girl as in the robot sequences and such. I think she's just resting there.

Oh, and watch the Clannad OP again now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2HmP6Sl5RQ

And you can see
the resting and the running through the fields bits. A little neat thing.

Oh, that's pretty neat. I knew
the running through the field bit looked familiar when I saw it in the episode, but I couldn't tell where it was from.

Clannad After Story 22

Right but

Well
I find the Fuko quite jarring after coming off from the heartwarming montage. The miracle, well not sure how I feel about it. I was just confused about what's Ushio doing there and if there was any meaning to what Fuko was talking about at the end

Fuko is just weird. You should know this by now.

Ushio is there because the hospital is near a park and the family (Tomoya, Nagisa and Ushio) were having a picnic (they hint at this in the recap episode). It was just a way for the creators to reassure everyone that this isn't some dream montage and that everyone is alive and well.

Toradora 10

Yup. This show isn't capable of making a bad episode. I am convinced of it now. Still waiting for the feels but it also seems like all the girls are coming to a head.

It also feels like this may be turning into a harem....

As far as high school romcoms go, Toradora is definitely one of the upper tier ones. Don't know why it was so consistently good, yet it was. Maybe it was that the 'twist' that
the two leads aren't interested in each other
and that brought a whole new dynamic.

jman2050

Tantei Opera Milky Holmes 4

...so like, what am I supposed to say? How could I possibly comment on... that.

What the hell am I watching?

And why can't I stop?!

As far as high school romcoms go, Toradora is definitely one of the upper tier ones. Don't know why it was so consistently good, yet it was. Maybe it was that the 'twist' that
the two leads aren't interested in each other
and that brought a whole new dynamic.

I don't know. In most RomCom's I've seen the two lead characters usually
aren't interested in each other and fight the feelings until the end
. The only twist Toradora puts on it is that Taiga and Ryuji
keep trying to actively help each other get together with other people
. And that is even starting to dissipate at this point.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
By the way, PshychoNinja, when you get to the last episode of Toradora, there is a post-credits scene. Don't skip it. Just a warning since I know some people tend to tune out/stop watching once the ED starts playing.

(I don't think this would be spoilers. I was given the same warning and definitely appreciated it.)

I don't know. In most RomCom's I've seen the two lead characters usually
aren't interested in each other and fight the feelings until the end
. The only twist Toradora puts on it is that Taiga and Ryuji
keep trying to actively help each other get together with other people
. And that is even starting to dissipate at this point.

yeah maybe should've specified it with
are interested in other people and help each other
. Either ways keep watching. Like I've said before this has the right amount and type of drama. Golden Time has forced cliched drama which kind of brought down what could've been an amazing show (it still is great, just nowhere near Toradora level. Not even Koko and 2d-Kun can bring it back to amazing). Hopefully the author continues to step outside of the comfort zone of romance.

survivor

Banned
Clannad After Story 22
Fuko is just weird. You should know this by now.

Ushio is there because the hospital is near a park and the family (Tomoya, Nagisa and Ushio) were having a picnic (they hint at this in the recap episode). It was just a way for the creators to reassure everyone that this isn't some dream montage and that everyone is alive and well.

Well Fuko's weirdness is pretty fun, I just think
ending the episode with the montage is much better. Then they can leave the Fuko stuff to the extra episode or something like that to just not ruin the current atmosphere and tone.
Anyway looks like I need to skim the recap episode at some point. Also will write a full impression overview thingy after I finish this extra one year ago episode.

By the way, PshychoNinja, when you get to the last episode of Toradora, there is a post-credits scene. Don't skip it. Just a warning since I know some people tend to tune out/stop watching once the ED starts playing.

(I don't think this would be spoilers. I was given the same warning and definitely appreciated it.)

Oh thanks for that. ^_^

Angel Beats would do this on and off too. But it's ED was so good that I would usually see things after the ED. I like Toradora's ED so I usually don't skip to the next episode without watching it.

Clannad After Story 22

Well Fuko's weirdness is pretty fun, I just think
ending the episode with the montage is much better. Then they can leave the Fuko stuff to the extra episode or something like that to just not ruin the current atmosphere and tone.
Anyway looks like I need to skim the recap episode at some point. Also will write a full impression overview thingy after I finish this extra one year ago episode.

I agree. That would've been better. I think they just wanted everyone smiling at the end but
the thing was with the way the montage played out and seeing Ushio grow over the montage and seeing the whole family brought "happy" tears to my eyes and was already smiling. I've always told people that instead of the Fuko part, if we had the Furukawa's and Okazaki's having a picnic showing how happy everyone is (and maybe a friendly baseball game between Akio and Tomoya with Ushio and Nagisa cheering Tomoya on) would've been much better.

Edit: Dang it! Sorry for the double post.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 24

Holy shit, Ojamajo Doremi was Samumenco before Samumenco! And Hana-chan was KirbYayoi before KirbYayoi.

I kinda expected something toward the end that the whole thing was some fanfiction Hana-chan wrote after marathoning the series, since I didn't think Aiko or (especially) Hadzuki would join in on the whole thing since they were blatantly using magic in public, but nope, whole thing was totally straight. Either way, it was one of the funniest episodes in the whole franchise.

Ojamajo Doremi Dokkaan! 24

Holy shit, Ojamajo Doremi was Samumenco before Samumenco! And Hana-chan was KirbYayoi before KirbYayoi.

I kinda expected something toward the end that the whole thing was some fanfiction Hana-chan wrote after marathoning the series, since I didn't think Aiko or (especially) Hadzuki would join in on the whole thing since they were blatantly using magic in public, but nope, whole thing was totally straight. Either way, it was one of the funniest episodes in the whole franchise.

Now I must watch Samumenco now that you've said this. Dokkaan! 24 is just too good!

Syrinx

Now I must watch Samumenco now that you've said this. Dokkaan! 24 is just too good!

That was more of a joke of how...well if you haven't started Samumenco yet I won't spoil it, but they're not really the same, so you really shouldn't watch it based on what I said.

That said you should probably still watch it, though I have fallen behind the last 6 or so episodes.

That was more of a joke of how...well if you haven't started Samumenco yet I won't spoil it, but they're not really the same, so you really shouldn't watch it based on what I said.

That said you should probably still watch it, though I have fallen behind the last 6 or so episodes.

I've been curious about it for a while now so I may as well start it sooner or later.

Zeppeli

Banned
So we can all agree that Lagann-hen's
Tengen Toppa Enki Durga is the absolute best Gunmen design in the franchise,
right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom