• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection releasing on June 6

Completely missed opportunity for a AAA PSVR title imo

I've said it before, but I really strongly think this game would not be conducive to VR - it would simply make too many people sick. Thumper is the closest example but thumper has a very controlled way of presenting it's track and trackside detail. Wipeout would just be totally overwhelming for the sensorium. The devs basically said as much.

Is this coming to America?

... why wouldn't it?

Somebody's uploaded the dynamic Omega Collection theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iHGwN3_G_s

I'd prefer not to double dip before a game is out but MAN I WANT THAT THEME

Good lord, that is nice.

$40 will hopefully be £30 - if so I think I will use my £10 credit back next month to pre-order this. I'm not very good at the Wipeout games, but I bloody love them regardless.

LoveCake

Why isn't wipE'out"2097 in this though?

It is the best one still imo, I wonder if it is due to a rights or music license issue.

:(

Are there any discounts on digital preorders in EU PSN ? Never bough any digital game there in preorder due to insane prices but I might make an exception for Wipeout as I expect to get a lot of usage out of it.

Does this include all the music from HD, Fury, and 2048 plus the 28 or so extra songs? I'm just worried because I know licensing can get strange. Also you could read the the wording as there only being the "new" 28 songs they mention.

Does this include all the music from HD, Fury, and 2048 plus the 28 or so extra songs? I'm just worried because I know licensing can get strange. Also you could read the the wording as there only being the "new" 28 songs they mention.

I don't think we know for sure but I would assume not until otherwise stated. I'm pretty sure music licensing is why we still don't have Wipeout XL or Wip3out on PSN.

Onemic

I've said it before, but I really strongly think this game would not be conducive to VR - it would simply make too many people sick. Thumper is the closest example but thumper has a very controlled way of presenting it's track and trackside detail. Wipeout would just be totally overwhelming for the sensorium. The devs basically said as much.

The tracking on PSVR isnt as good as the vive/oculus right? That would be the only reason I can see for it not being a good fit considering that Redout is available for Vive and Oculus and has no such problems

The tracking on PSVR isnt as good as the vive/oculus right? That would be the only reason I can see for it not being a good fit considering that Redout is available for Vive and Oculus and has no such problems

PSVR's also a more mainstream platform and so won't necessarily be as conducive to games with a high potential for motion sickness. In addition, Sony may itself be more conservative as a VR publisher than the makers of Redout.

It's £30 on amazon, unless you mean on the ps store

Yeah, I do mean on PSN. I'd rather buy a game like this digitally to have it available to play immediately.

Why isn't wipE'out"2097 in this though?

It is the best one still imo, I wonder if it is due to a rights or music license issue.

:(

Because that's a PS1 game which would obviously require a shit load of work to bring it up to standard with the others.

Are there any discounts on digital preorders in EU PSN ? Never bough any digital game there in preorder due to insane prices but I might make an exception for Wipeout as I expect to get a lot of usage out of it.

You don't usually get a discounted for pre-orders unless they're running a specific promotion, or with some indie games.

I seriously doubt it, as they'll be caught up in all kinds of licensing issues.

Pilot your favourite ships to killer tunes from Swedish House Mafia, Chemical Brothers and The Prodigy.

In regards to the above... if The Prodigy track in question is not Firestarter (instrumental) I will be greatly disappointed.

Somebody's uploaded the dynamic Omega Collection theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iHGwN3_G_s

I'd prefer not to double dip before a game is out but MAN I WANT THAT THEME

The audio in this theme is pretty crud, no?. =/

It would be awesome if this game just became a platform. For example, they could put out an expansion pack that is just all the tracks from the PSP games and they could put out dlc that is just the soundtracks from those games. Then if Wipeout Fusion ever comes to PS4 owning that game would unlock a Wipeout Fusion track pack in this collection. Basically, I would love this to just become EVERY Wipeout game.

So this is $40 for both physical and PSN? Not the greatest cover design. Leaning towards PSN so I don't have to swap discs to play a quick race. Wonder what the download size is.

Nope. :(

But our door is always open.

They did a good job with their preorder theme and it's definitely worth the preorder if you're gonna dive in, but this is honestly one of my dream projects. :)

Aw man, I was totally hoping it'd be yours. Theirs is pretty good, though I was getting a bit of vertigo with that endless loop.

Played a wipeout game once. Couldn't turn a single corner without crashing into the railing. Quit after 40 minutes and never looked back.

DBT85

I'm crap at it, but I have to buy it for 4k60hdr. It's going to be beautiful.

A good price too. Hopefully it gets the sales.

Played a wipeout game once. Couldn't turn a single corner without crashing into the railing. Quit after 40 minutes and never looked back.

In Wipeout HD/Fury and 2048? there's an assist that will aid you in turning so you don't hit walls or not as often. Without it, you gotta learn to use the airbrakes. I'd also assume that the function is in this Wipeout, too.

Sweeeeeet. Pre-ordered on Amazon. Love the box art. Nostalgia overload for PS fans in June with this and Crash Bandicoot.

Pretty sure PS4's going to end up as my favorite Sony machine. This year has been pretty insane.

Have they shown anything from 2048? I remember them teasing that they had access to an unreleased/in-progress PS4 build that they weren't showing off yet

dracula_x

Have they shown anything from 2048? I remember them teasing that they had access to an unreleased/in-progress PS4 build that they weren't showing off yet

yes.

0:29 → https://youtu.be/C65gPYUVgC0?t=29

YRZT9ev.gif

Top Bottom