• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection releasing on June 6

Pre-order ready!

e6jHM8d.png

Figured I'd get in on the spend £50 get £10 back offer.

Wipeout is releasing on June 6th? Then I will also be releasing on June 6th.

Was that meant to sound dirty? Haha.

Also I only have one trophy left to get on WipEout HD (Fuck you Zico), and it looks like I won't ever go back to get it at this rate. I did try for one afternoon a few years ago to get it, but it's just a little bit beyond my abilities :( Am I right in thinking that SL patched the game and inadvertently made Beat Zico a bit harder to achieve? Is it even possible now? haha

Also I only have one trophy left to get on WipEout HD (Fuck you Zico), and it looks like I won't ever go back to get it at this rate. I did try for one afternoon a few years ago to get it, but it's just a little bit beyond my abilities :( Am I right in thinking that SL patched the game and inadvertently made Beat Zico a bit harder to achieve? Is it even possible now? haha

That trophy took me 5 years to get (on and off other games). My tip is that optimal racing line is important. Also, watch YouTube for those points to spin boost.

Looking forward to challenging this trophy again.

BHK3

Banned
Was that meant to sound dirty? Haha.

You have to barrel roll in certain spots to get the boost needed to get the time. Problem is that the game has spotty input detection for the barrel roll, I really didn't mind the trophy itself but actually getting the barrel roll to come out was the most frustrating thing out if that trophy list. Beating the game on Elite against unfair cheating AI had an exploit, zone Zeus was easy and fun, but suddenly barrel rolls to beat zico didn't work and a year of my life was shaven off.

panzone

It doesn't implement custom soundtracks into the race tracks like the PS3 used to do, does it?

Can't you already playing your music in every game on PS4?

In any case, obviously physical day one for me. 2048 at 1080p/60 fps? Can't wait for it.

ty_hot

40 is way too much, wasnt the PS3 wipeout only 20?

this one is a optimization of the optimization (yes, more content, but still another optimization)...

NewDust

Can't you already playing your music in every game on PS4?

Yes, but just as an overlay... PS3 used to incorporate the audio design even for the custom soundtrack, with dynamic equalizing on your on track actions. Taking your ship in the air and returning back on track resulted in thinning out the audio and then a literal drop in the music.

Yes, but just as an overlay... PS3 used to incorporate the audio design even for the custom soundtrack, with dynamic equalizing on your on track actions. Taking your ship in the air and returning back on track resulted in thinning out the audio and then a literal drop in the music.

That was so awesome. Loved it.

That trophy took me 5 years to get (on and off other games). My tip is that optimal racing line is important. Also, watch YouTube for those points to spin boost.

Looking forward to challenging this trophy again.
Thanks for the tip, I'm pretty desperate to get that last trophy.

You have to barrel roll in certain spots to get the boost needed to get the time. Problem is that the game has spotty input detection for the barrel roll, I really didn't mind the trophy itself but actually getting the barrel roll to come out was the most frustrating thing out if that trophy list. Beating the game on Elite against unfair cheating AI had an exploit, zone Zeus was easy and fun, but suddenly barrel rolls to beat zico didn't work and a year of my life was shaven off.

Yeah I always felt that barrel rolls were a bit of a pain in the ass to pull off sometimes. Didn't have any problems Elite AI surprisingly; it was one of the things where you give it a go and get your ass handed to you, then later on try it on a whim once you're more familiar with the game and you're able to begin crush the challenges. A number of races did require a half dozen retries, but I revelled in that challenge. Beat Zico? Now that's just given me the shits for almost a decade lmao. Willing to give it another go on PS3 once I get my mojo back on Omega Collection though.

this one is a optimization of the optimization (yes, more content, but still another optimization)...

To be fair, it has a new soundtrack, and is a complete remaster of 2 games and 1 big content pack. It's clearly an expression of interest by Sony to see if there's still interest in the series or not. So regardless I'd buy it, but I'm very happy with the price personally.

Oh man I almost forgot about this! Audio equalizing based on the in-game environment, even on your own custom soundtrack, was INCREDIBLE! Would be so cool if they could figure out a way to do that in this remaster, though I'm not holding my breath.

It would be awesome if this game just became a platform. For example, they could put out an expansion pack that is just all the tracks from the PSP games and they could put out dlc that is just the soundtracks from those games. Then if Wipeout Fusion ever comes to PS4 owning that game would unlock a Wipeout Fusion track pack in this collection. Basically, I would love this to just become EVERY Wipeout game.

WipEout would be a good foundation to go the DC route, in my opinion. A base game with yearly seasons, each season adding a bunch of stuff, tracks, ships, skins, soundtracks, modes. weapons etc.

J-Skee

It was the absolute best. If they at least allow that with the USB MP3 feature, I'll be all over it.

HD came out at $20 bucks, but this also has the Fury expansion, which is almost the size of a full game and retailed for (I believe) $20, and 2048, which actually is a full game that retailed for $40. It's pretty good value imo

WipEout would be a good foundation to go the DC route, in my opinion. A base game with yearly seasons, each season adding a bunch of stuff, tracks, ships, skins, soundtracks, modes. weapons etc.

DC would be a good game to go the original outlined DC route and offer the game as a service, however it would seem that Sony have dropped DC to the side never to be heard from again. Shame as one of the best racers this generation and I'm still having loads of fun with DCVR

DC would be a good game to go the original outlined DC route and offer the game as a service, however it would seem that Sony have dropped DC to the side never to be heard from again. Shame as one of the best racers this generation and I'm still having loads of fun with DCVR

I don't disagree, my friend, I don't disagree at all :/

JamboGT

Have to say the trailer would be more impressive if they showed a hot lap from someone quick in phantom class, all looked a little slow!

Have to say the trailer would be more impressive if they showed a hot lap from someone quick in phantom class, all looked a little slow!

Yeah they usually don't advertise the speed aspect of WipEout as much as you'd expect. It's toned down for the broader appeal I guess.

So happy this is getting a physical release. Had it in my head that it would be digital only.

Yeah I'm stoked about the possibility of a steelbook too.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Best Buy site still won't let orders in for the U.S. Lol. Man, that itchy trigger finger.

You should get a notification for it, I found mine there.

I tried to preorder yesterday but got an error. Today I got a purchase confirmation email and it shows as preordered in the store.

I've got no email or PSN notification about the theme. Did people get a notification with a code to redeem or what?

DBT85

Yep, a shame. Wish more could do it. They could have pumped out stuff for years with DC I felt.

As someone who bought HD and Fury each at release (for 20 and 10?) and who doesn't feel Omega has a lot of new content or graphical upgrades (HDR though!), this feels kinda pricey.

At least give it PS+ preorder discount like a lot of other games have currently.

But I realize this is the only way I get to play Wipeout on PS4 so I'll shut up and buy it...

1997 is shaping up to be a great year!

I do wish XL was included in some form though. It's hard to call this an "Omega" Collection without it.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
As someone who bought HD and Fury each at release (for 20 and 10?) and who doesn't feel Omega has a lot of new content or graphical upgrades (HDR though!), this feels kinda pricey.

At least give it PS+ preorder discount like a lot of other games have currently.

But I realize this is the only way I get to play Wipeout on PS4 so I'll shut up and buy it...

IMO HD and Fury are just icing on the cake that is a 2048 remaster. Will be great having that on a home console in HD and 60 FPS, instead of the tiny Vita screen and 30 FPS.

DBT85

IMO HD and Fury are just icing on the cake that is a 2048 remaster. Will be great having that on a home console in HD and 60 FPS, instead of the tiny Vita screen and 30 FPS.

Is it weird that I feel I'm getting more just because I have a 4k tv? It's literally the same. But 4k60HDR. It's going to be beautiful as I bounce off the walls.

It is a bit annoying there's no pre-order discount, but I assume Sony's using this to gauge interest and see if there's still a market for WipEout at that price point. I'm going to do my part not to disappoint them.

It is a bit annoying there's no pre-order discount, but I assume Sony's using this to gauge interest and see if there's still a market for WipEout at that price point. I'm going to do my part not to disappoint them.

My problems are multiples :

I have HUNDRED of hours logged into HD, Fury and 2048.

So I don't feel like I really need HD and Fury again. 2048 remaster is THE added value and worth the look.

Then : I want the physical edition because of course I want a WipEout box (I missed the HD Fury EU physical release and second hand is too pricey now) but it's a game, like Rez, that is more convenient to have on the HDD to boot whenever.

So, just like Rez Infinite, I think I'll buy day one the physical release and down the line the digital licence when in sale.

Top Bottom