• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wired: Why Netflix's Luke Cage is the Superhero we really need right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luke Cage is very right time right place thing right now

A lot of dudes weren't exactly checking for him like that. At least on the same level as panther in terms of black heros

I think he's a big deal to comics fans, he's been around for nearly 45 years and he's been front & centre in the Avengers for the last decade +. But I don't know if people in the culture at large had ever heard of him before Jessica Jones.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
I think they're referring to Luke Cage being their first hero in the comics, not their first hero in the MCU. Though I'm not even sure if that's true (it's either him or BP, but technically BP wasn't introduced as a hero).

I thought so too but fairly sure Black Panther and Falcon came before.

Slayven

I am the locks!

394820-85413-ryder.JPG

If Bendis hadn't rescued and pushed Cage, no way there would be a show.

Cage is what Carol and Cyborg wish they were
Slayven with that truth.

As much as I usually give Bendis shit for his team books, that first New Avengers volume was a stroke of genius. He made an obviously popular in hindsight lineup and made it all about Luke.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
How it's daredevil quality. Shame it needs to be superheroes, but whatever works for America,

Slayven

Slayven with that truth.

As much as I usually give Bendis shit for his team books, that first New Avengers volume was a stroke of genius. He made an obviously popular in hindsight lineup and made it all about Luke.

remember those 2 years when they tried to make Spider Woman happen?

remember those 2 years when they tried to make Spider Woman happen?
I guess that could have worked if Jessica Drew had been Jessica Jones, the bootleg character that turned far superior.

As it was, Jessica Drew happened about as much as that Peter/Carol pairing during Siege.

Slayven

I guess that could have worked if Jessica Drew had been Jessica Jones, the bootleg character that turned far superior.

As it was, Jessica Drew happened about as much as that Peter/Carol pairing during Siege.

Marvel really fucked up by not letting Bendis have Drew, would have been the best thing to happen to the character.

The Kree

Banned
Nuh-uh! She was the Skrull Queen all along! They didn't try to make her happen at all. Nuh-uh. Nope.

He commented in an interview that that was the reason he didn't do a solo series for her, because they had long term plans to undermine all her shit with Secret Invasion and they thought that would piss people off to learn she wasn't really herself for a whole series.

I wish he would have picked her up after that story ran it's course.

Slayven

He commented in an interview that that was the reason he didn't do a solo series for her, because they had long term plans to undermine all her shit with Secret Invasion and they thought that would piss people off to learn she wasn't really herself for a whole series.

We need a Starforce series

M5y8F2W.jpg

...but he and Maleev did do a Spider-Woman series post-SI. Only ran for seven issues or so, though.

Sane_Man

I like the concept but Colter is just so bland in every way. He was the worst thing in Jess Jones and that's saying something. No hype at all.

Litan

Like cyborg is really out there like that now. In some other universe/time, static would be the one killing it right now
Yeah, it's really unfortunate they don't have the rights to Static.
Would have loved to see him on the big screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom