• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 Patch 1.08 will be releasing today. (Discussion/Impression Thread?)

Bedlam

seems like this took care of completed or failed quests (or impossible to complete quests) that were stuck
Not really. See a couple of posts above yours. Several quests still seem to be bugged so you cannot complete them.

For me it's the "The Dead Have No Defense" quest/treasure hunt.

Drac84

Claywich Merchant fix worked! Got the Sweers and Puttkammer Gwent Cards and got the platinum trophy. What a relief!

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Other than some occasional issues where the game pauses for a second or two and other times when textures take a second or two to pop in, I'm not really bothered by much on the PS4 version.

I'm not very sensitive to framerate or any video/audiophile stuff in general though. It has to be pretty bad and detrimental to gameplay for me to care.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
In my experience on both Xbox One and PS4, the game is perfectly playable. Yes, the game takes a noticeable performance hit in the bog and when it rains. Its hardly unplayable though, just not as fluid as preferred.

But here are a couple of things I would love to see fixed, because (for me) they really annoy me like no other.

1. Improve the godawful crafting/inventory system management. That system so desperately needs a way to permanently hide items that you have no intention of crafting. The filters they have are nice, but they're hardly adequate. Its especially annoying later in the game when you're trying to upgrade your gear with rarer items. I would also add a separate tab for oils, potions and decoction AND add a button so that you can quickly switch between tabs.

2. Enable a method that forces Geralt out of combat mode. There is nothing I hate than being stuck in combat mode in where I am essentially trapped, because I can't jump. I cannot begin to describe how annoying it is. Maybe make it where you can press R3+L3 and you immediately are out of it. It may make you vulnerable, but at least it gives me a chance to get out of a tight spot.

3. Fix the swimming. Getting out of the water should not be such a pain in the ass.

Justinh

2. Enable a method that forces Geralt out of combat mode. There is nothing I hate than being stuck in combat mode in where I am essentially trapped, because I can't jump. I cannot begin to describe how annoying it is. Maybe make it where you can press R3+L3 and you immediately are out of it. It may make you vulnerable, but at least it gives me a chance to get out of a tight spot.

2.Oh my God yes! I know most times you can just run away if you don't want to fight, but I got locked into combat while I was jumping up some cliffs all of a sudden and was stuck in like...a "cupped" area for forever because I just couldn't jump. I had to kill the Siren with my crossbow which took way too long because he simply kept flying somewhere I couldn't hit him and I would have to wait, and wait, and wait... That really, really sucked.
There are other times I got stuck in combat which irritated me, I think it was when I was climbing around some broken ships or something, but that one time, man it made me so angry.

Had the game crash mid final boss battle on me tonight, stopped playing it for a second after that. The framerate was spotty throughout that whole battle as well. Still had a good time with it, though.

robo

Ps4 here, seems worse for me since 1.05, had 2 crashes over the weekend, novigrad takes about 10 seconds to catch up when I fast travel into the square.

The game play mechanics on the fast fights are awful for me, camera angle is horrid if you happen to bumb an npc.

Immerith is doing my swead in, once he drops his shield it's game over, 2 hits on death March, grr.

Apart from that still enjoying the game, busy doing all the question marks in the Isles

image.php

Way to contribute. Congrats on the achievement.

1.08 still feels worse in Novigrad vs 1.06

1.06 had near perfect framerate at 60 for me.

In 107 and 1.08 I can turn a lot of things down and still end up in low 50s.

Top Bottom