• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

Tigress

Ladders in this game are impossibly janky. Is there actually a "correct" way to approach them to climb down?

I agree. It's a small complaint. If they are going to hurt you if you jump down too far, than give me some sort of way of using the ladders to go down. From what I can tell you can't (and if you can, can some one please tell me how you are supposed to do it cause from what I can tell I've never managed once to go down a ladder).

Levyne

Banned
I seem to be having screen tearing even with VSync turned on, what's causing this?

There was a discussion in the performance thread that was slightly above me about this. The in game v-sync is adaptive, meaning any time you fall below 60 you'll get tearing (even 59 I guess), I've been forcing triple buffering through Inspector without issue but some people say that causes some weird artifacting. Can't hurt to try, though.

Tizoc

There was a discussion in the performance thread that was slightly above me about this. The in game v-sync is adaptive, meaning any time you fall below 60 you'll get tearing (even 59 I guess), I've been forcing triple buffering through Inspector without issue but some people say that causes some weird artifacting. Can't hurt to try, though.

I'll get NVidia inspector installed then, thanks.

Gangxxter

I agree. It's a small complaint. If they are going to hurt you if you jump down too far, than give me some sort of way of using the ladders to go down. From what I can tell you can't (and if you can, can some one please tell me how you are supposed to do it cause from what I can tell I've never managed once to go down a ladder).
I have to agree, it's very bad in Wolfenstein TNO. I can't stand it, when the ladder mechanics are broken in games.

Best way I found out to use ladders to get down is to approach them backwards while looking down and only make very small steps. This way BJ will fall down for a split second but eventually he'll grab on to the ladder so you can climb down safely.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
One you get all the codes for a single puzzle, it should start with a specific number at the start of each row. Thats the clue as to the pattern the rest of them follow. So, if the row starts with 2, change the first number to 02, then the next number in that pattern would be 04, 06, and so on. The second row is typically just the first row in reverse.

Hope that kinda helps?
Thanks. This helps a lot.

iavi

Finished the game last night. I have to say, this is currently my sleeper hit of the year. Surprised on how good of a game it was.

The writing, a bit pretentious at times, was superb. The graphics were great, the gameplay was simple yet fun, and the length was just right.

Here's to hoping more games like this come out!

Pretentious is the last thing I'd call this game.

Question about a fight in chapter 15

What do I do with the robot dog? I got him in a glitch and unloaded every bit of ammo I had into him. That didnt seem to phase him. I assume the answer involves the electric rods on top of the underpasses you run through to trap the dog. Can anyone help its very annoying

I'm on chapter 4 and I think I'm done with the game. I'm starting to question my FPS Love cause I've been bored to death by the last couple of FPS' I've played.

I like the story segments but there isn't much variety in gunplay. It seems I have 2 choices, stealth or shooting. And if I choose shooting I get 2 more choices, dual wield or nah.

It's kinda fucked up that if a game is not getting 85% plus reviews it is seen as not so great right? Guess we can thank reviews for that. All in all the reviews are quite positive, but the scores seem a little low. Not that scores aren't silly and arbitrary to begin with.

I am a good 7 hours into the game right now and I love it. I am most surprised to find myself digging the story and characters. I knew the game play was gonna be solid, but I actually care about my team and the story. It really pulls off some of the emotional moments that other games like shove down our throats. Fuck those fetch quest though. Seriously, what the hell.
GAF'S IMPRESSIONS about this game were so good that I just went to my local best buy and bought the game!

Levyne

Banned
Question about a fight in chapter 15

What do I do with the robot dog? I got him in a glitch and unloaded every bit of ammo I had into him. That didnt seem to phase him. I assume the answer involves the electric rods on top of the underpasses you run through to trap the dog. Can anyone help its very annoying

I just used the scoped LKW and rockets and it wasn't so bad. Make sure you let the scope charge if you haven't.

yjFeThT.jpg

More games need akimbo sniper rifles!

Tigress

What more variety do you need?

Using tactics and cover, which the game also allows you to do (more so than stealth in my limited experience as I am not far in). Honestly, for an FPS, I think it has its bases covered in the types of gameplay you can use (well, so far I am finding at least half the time I can't use stealth cause the AI is coded to already know I'm there).

And yeah, FPS's aren't that varied in gameplay, they are designed for people who specifically like one aspect of gameplay. I don't expect them to have a large variety but to allow the kind of gameplay to be very good at what it does.

It's not like an RPG where I expect a lot more variety but maybe combat not to be as good/detailed because they have to focus on the engine allowing a lot more different stuff.

psychotron

Is your machine gun with rocket launcher fully upgraded ?
And your health ? You can upgrade it up to 200 points.
Did you pick up all the ammo/health/armor before jumping in the hole ?

Don't use any rockets before that fight and you should have 30+ rockets. Then just jump in and dual wield rocket launcher. You only need 15+ hits and that's it. I was surprised at how easy it was to kill him.

I don't have my machine gun. It was taken away before the last fight.

Andrew.

Banned
A great place to score the perk for five duel rocket kills within 10 seconds is in the asylum after you hit the switch to open the front doors.

Randam

game keeps crashing when I try to load a game.

first when I wanted to continue.
now after I die and it tried to reload..

edit: Pc version

EBE

game keeps crashing when I try to load a game.

first when I wanted to continue.
now after I die and it tried to reload..

game crashed on me four times and one cutscene with Tekla at the resistance hq is permanently bugged to freeze. it was quite jarring the first time as this was the first game to freeze up my xb1 in all the time ive had it (since launch)

I was also reminded of Goldeneye briefly during my playthrough, but I have no idea specifically why.

dual wielding?

I can't explain it but this game is the closest thing I've felt to playing GoldenEye

Basically sniping enemies with the silenced pistol and sneaking around multi room buildings was giving me a lot of 97-2002 era vibes, particularly Goldeneye/Perfect Dark. The absence of "GO-GO-GO" pacing allowing you to take your time even in the midst of a shootout really struck a chord with me.

Cloudy

Banned
The absence of "GO-GO-GO" pacing allowing you to take your time even in the midst of a shootout really struck a chord with me.

Exactly. Most FPSers don't have exploration these days and when they do, it's Bioshock which I don't like lol

I really love the pacing and strong focus on story. However, this is one FPS I would want to play multi for and it has none. Unreal lol

Mask

Got the Platinum trophy! Still need a few Armor upgrades to get 100%, but that can wait.

A tip for the Sentinel perk. Don't even bother trying to throw back the enemies grenades, just go to Chapter 16, get to the first room with tons of enemies, then throw your own grenades at your feet, then repick them up and toss them before they explode. Restart checkpoint until you kill 5 people. Easy. Also a good place to get the Bullseye perk, due to the robot at the end of the room.

What more variety do you need?

I mean variety as in guns. Maybe I'm not far enough in yet. But having just ARs and pistols for 4 straight levels is killing me. Now I'm at the first wire cutting section and it's killing me slowly as well. I'm more disappointed that I'm not enjoying it as much as everyone else.

Has anyone suggested a way to improve how the game sounds?

I'm using the gold wireless headset and it just sounds like shit most of the time. Very hollow and oddly mixed.

Is there some setting that can improve it?

could someone give me the cliff notes to the digital foundry face-off.

I cant view it at work.

thank you

Similar, with dynamic resolution there are momentary drops in the resolution but Xbox one drops farther than ps4. Maintains 60fps on both with roughly 50% greater resolution drops in high stress situations on xb1.

Got the Platinum trophy! Still need a few Armor upgrades to get 100%, but that can wait.

A tip for the Sentinel perk. Don't even bother trying to throw back the enemies grenades, just go to Chapter 16, get to the first room with tons of enemies, then throw your own grenades at your feet, then repick them up and toss them before they explode. Restart checkpoint until you kill 5 people. Easy. Also a good place to get the Bullseye perk, due to the robot at the end of the room.

Best part is first mission actually where you have to kill your first commander. 3 people in a tiny room, even if you mess up the throw it still kills them. Takes one restart.

SkylineRKR

They don't die during chapter 16. And when I first shoot them down, the grenade kill doesn't count. I only need fucking one. I think I am going to try chapter 1.

The music that plays during the second to last chapter is utterly incredible, even more so if you're running through and mowing everyone down with dual shotguns.

Raptor

Has anyone suggested a way to improve how the game sounds?

I'm using the gold wireless headset and it just sounds like shit most of the time. Very hollow and oddly mixed.

Is there some setting that can improve it?

I even tried all the presets on the companion app and still just don't feel right.

Mask

Best part is first mission actually where you have to kill your first commander. 3 people in a tiny room, even if you mess up the throw it still kills them. Takes one restart.

Yeah, another good place, but you have to play through all the stuff at the beginning, versus a single cutscene in Chapter 16. I had just played through the first chapter to get the few Gold items I had missed, so I was fed up of that long opening.

Yeah, another good place, but you have to play through all the stuff at the beginning, versus a single cutscene in Chapter 16. I had just played through the first chapter to get the few Gold items I had missed, so I was fed up of that long opening.

Very true. I had to do the same thing for the choices trophy. Being right at the end of the level kinda sucks.

graywolf323

the trophy for the vampire perk didn't unlock even though I unlocked the perk :-/

edit: nvm the server sync apparently had failed, the trophy showed up after I manually synced again

Top Bottom