• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WTF is going on with FF Type-0?

ubercheez

If it gets localized, I'll buy it. Otherwise, I've ceased to care about it, honestly. I guess I should be happy that I paid very little attention to the development process and never got hyped for it.

jorgeton

I wonder if the violence in Type 0 is an issue? I played the second demo that came out last year, and holy hell that opening scene was bloody. The game would get an M rating for sure. What rating did the game get in Japan? I wonder if SE would release an M rated FF title?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I wonder if the violence in Type 0 is an issue? I played the second demo that came out last year, and holy hell that opening scene was bloody. The game would get an M rating for sure. What rating did the game get in Japan? I wonder if SE would release an M rated FF title?

T for Teen.

It's not that bloody.

The game was designed with western audiences in mind as ironic as it sounds.

jorgeton

T for Teen.

It's not that bloody.

The game was designed with western audiences in mind as ironic as it sounds.

Seriously.. that opening scene. Rivers of blood. It was glorious.

It's a case of the right game at the wrong time. PSP on its last legs and the Vita dead on arrival.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Seriously.. that opening scene. Rivers of blood. It was glorious.

It's a case of the right game at the wrong time. PSP on its last legs and the Vita dead on arrival.

I don't think it warrants an M rating.

Cero Z ratings usually get the Teen rating.

Type 0 is probably the closest thing FF will get to BERSERK while not going to BERSERK'S level.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I always looked at it as the PSP would have Type 0 to go out with a bang.

The thing that stopped a western release is the rampant piracy issue. Or at least is part of the reason.

pantsmith

I bet they thought a Vita up-port was a no brainer before the Vita failed to pick up any kind of momentum.

They're probably sitting on the Vita version and waiting to release it when (if?) the market gets any healthier.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
FF4 has GOLBEZ PIMP OF THE UNIVERSE, so it can never be the worst FF.
It's just too bad you're stuck with the Band of Idiots instead of being on the winning team. But you know how I feel about that based on my FF4 playthrough anyway.

I'm being completely serious even though I'm joking around in my writeups. :v

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
It's just too bad you're stuck with the Band of Idiots instead of being on the winning team. But you know how I feel about that based on my FF4 playthrough anyway.

I'm being completely serious even though I'm joking around in my writeups. :v

Let's be honest. Most heroic parties are merely a band of idiots.

Powerful idiots. But idiots nonetheless.

It's common that heroes are stupid. And Villains are intelligent. Which brings interesting experiences in storytelling.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Just another example on how SE has managed to squander a lot of it's credibility with the FF brand. It's pathetic really. I would have bought it by now if it was out.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
so for those that have played it:

How is Yusuke Naora's overall art direction?

I really missed his input with FFXIII. :(

I like the art a lot. I got the artbook. So it must have been good enough for me to get it. I never get artbooks.

Whoever did the concepts for the 4 nations was really good. Especially Concordia(Souryu) and Lorica(Genbu).

I like the art a lot. I got the artbook. So it must have been good enough for me to get it. I never get artbooks.

Whoever did the concepts for the 4 nations was really good. Especially Concordia(Souryu) and Lorica(Genbu).

this is one of the only pieces of Naora's art from the game I've seen (really tried to stay in the dark on this one), but man I loved it. Reminded me so much of his work on FFVIII.

ff-agito-xiii-screenshot03.jpg

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Let's be honest. Most heroic parties are merely a band of idiots.

Powerful idiots. But idiots nonetheless.

It's common that heroes are stupid. And Villains are intelligent. Which brings interesting experiences in storytelling.
It's just too bad that Golbez can't win so I could switch to his perspective instead. ;) Golbez would be on the best team if he had: Rubicante, Gilgamesh, and Kefka on his side, I feel. So far he's 1/3.

I think this is going to be the last time I play FF4 for a long time. (Midgame spoilers) I can't stand it anymore.

It's their own damn fault for making this on the psp. Now they have nowhere to put it. Releasing in on the psp is pointless since it will barely sell. Vita is just as dead so there's no point porting it to that. The ps3 wouldn't work because who the hell is going to buy a FF game with psp graphics? 3DS could work, but that would require a lot more resources to port to.

Alex

hey ff4 only got one sequel
and an intermission

#ffwarz

I loved 4 when I was growing up, was one of my first rpgs back in the early 90s only having played a couple DW games prior, but it's about as interesting as watching paint dry nowadays.

For as much as I rag on 13, but I would play it multiple times before anything pre FF5.

"I thought you were putting it out for NA."

"No, I was doing FFXIV."

"That's what everyone's saying! There's gotta be someone not working on that! Who's doing Type-0 for NA?!?"

Toth

The recent announcement that Trail of the Skies is going to PS3 makes me believe SE may do this as well....

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I honestly wouldn't be against the game being put on something with a touch screen. It would make Kill Sights / Break Sights more engaging kinda, and maybe we could have some things originally assigned to button input on the touch screen instead.

They should do a PSP remaster... but will they?
I don't think they care that much.

Busy with XIV, etc.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Tower of Agito needs to be redone with iconic bosses and stuff. And remove break/killsights on superbosses.

Pls

SE is too proud for a mere PSP remaster. Nor do they care.

If they made the L'cie bonus playable characters for mission mode that would be mega boss.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Tower of Agito needs to be redone with iconic bosses and stuff. And remove break/killsights on superbosses.

Pls
Hold up.

I thought you wouldn't be able to use Break Sights / Kill Sights on superbosses, and would have been able to just use them on normal enemies. That would be the best thing with respect to balancing. Unless the boss AI doesn't facilitate Sights most of the time?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Hold up.

I thought you wouldn't be able to use Break Sights / Kill Sights on superbosses, and would have been able to just use them on normal enemies. That would be the best thing with respect to balancing. Unless the boss AI doesn't facilitate Sights most of the time?

All enemies more or less have break/killsights.

Once you figure out the pattern especially with the ranged characters it is exploitable and bosses and enemies become super easy.

Edit: If only I could delete my posts so dbl posting doesn't occur. >_<

I have a lame prediction.

Versus will be for Wii U. Type 0 will go to 3DS or Wii U or both.

And seeing the success of DQX for Wii and Wii U, FF XIV will not only be on PS3 but also Wii U.

*gets smacked*

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
All enemies more or less have break/killsights.

Once you figure out the pattern especially with the ranged characters it is exploitable and bosses and enemies become super easy.
Yeah, I realized that with King in the first demo (once you get a hang of sights, you can kill most things with a ranged attacker). One of the better characters in there next to Rem, Machina, and Ace. Was a little partial to Sice once I got used to her animation speed.

Man, that doesn't sound right to me. Sights shouldn't apply to bosses, imo. >.> (But I heard that later chapter bosses
are so high level that they could possibly OHKO you so you have to use the Kill Sight? It seems a little unsatisfying to me, especially since it seems like your party members have so many skills at their disposal.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Yeah, I realized that with King in the first demo (once you get a hang of sights, you can kill most things with a ranged attacker). One of the better characters in there next to Rem, Machina, and Ace. Was a little partial to Sice once I got used to her animation speed.

Man, that doesn't sound right to me. Sights shouldn't apply to bosses, imo. >.> (But I heard that later chapter bosses
are so high level that they could possibly OHKO you so you have to use the Kill Sight? It seems a little unsatisfying to me, especially since it seems like your party members have so many skills at their disposal.

I guess the higher difficulties make up for it. Even though the best weapons have Instant Death effects that kill normal enemies quickly.

So yeah it needs some balance I would think.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Dear SE, all your PSP games look great upscaled, consider a PSP collection.

Yours truly, Free Money

This one really confuses me, because while I was never told so directly, I'm 99% sure People I Know™ were not only working on this but were basically done with it, to add fuel to the supposition fire. I really don't understand what the delay here is because I DO know S-E wants/wanted to release it here. The budget was too high for it to not be exported. It was one of, maybe the, most expensive PSP game ever made.

Top Bottom