• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbone controller + PC Adapter For $30 (Canada Only)

bfrye26

Neo Member
I got my package and it was only the adapter, but on the pack slip is had a note with "This is a partial shipment", also the sales rep I spoke to said they are aware of the issue.

Just talked to MS support, it seems they have NO idea what they are going to do. Apparently they will not know until around Monday if they will honor the issue

cyrok

I was told, no one would have any word on what they will do until Monday at earliest

So I just got off with customer service. She had to contact their "level 3" customer support escalation department to figure out whats going on with it. She said that I will receive an email with a promo code that will let me purchase the Xbox One Wireless controller off the Microsoft store for $0.00. She said that I'll probably receive it by tomorrow.

Just an interesting tidbit, she also said they have 350 open cases about this order. So looks like quite a few free controllers to give out because of the error.

PFD

Just an interesting tidbit, she also said they have 350 open cases about this order. So looks like quite a few free controllers to give out because of the error.

I expected way more than that. I guess not many people have called yet?

My order still hadn't shipped, so I called yesterday to cancel it. The rep asked for my reason for canceling, and I told him I'm hearing people only got the adapter. He checked my order, and assured me I would get both, and that those who only received the adapter mistakenly ordered just the adapter. I said I'd like to go ahead with the cancellation anyway.

Update: I received three emails from Microsoft yesterday. First one said cancellation was unsuccessful because it was too late. Second email contained instructions for refund, and said I can just refuse package and will be refunded within 7 business days. And last email contains shipping info and tracking number.

Should I accept the package and demand a controller?

kingwingin

Update: I received three emails from Microsoft yesterday. First one said cancellation was unsuccessful because it was too late. Second email contained instructions for refund, and said I can just refuse package and will be refunded within 7 business days. And last email contains shipping info and tracking number.

if you ordered a controller you will get a controller. Don't return it or refuse unless you'd rather have your 30 bones back

JeffG

I haven't called yet. My package isn't scheduled to be delivered until monday.

Why would you cancel an order where you can get a free controller?

cyrok

Alrighty guys, here we go:
I got a phone call today from Microsoft. The person apologized for the error and said they have to redo the order for me for the controllers. Confirmed my address and also gave me a $20 Gift card to Xbox. I have received an order confirmation but no shipping yet, this was in the afternoon so my assumption is that they will ship it out tomorrow. :) Fun.

Kade

Looks like Microsoft is honouring this and sending those who ordered the bundle online a coupon code that entitles you to a free controller.

Top Bottom