• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Games On Demand Thread - Reasonable prices only

are you gold?

Yup. Bioshock 1 is showing as $10, but not 2.. I had the same issue with Metro last week. Can anyone confirm if 2 is showing as $10 for them?

I prefer Bioshock 2 far more to the original. The original offers up a great premise and incredible atmosphere, the sequel capitalizes on a coherent storyline and smart, enhanced gameplay.

Cool, 2 it is. Well, if I can find it for $10..

Daigoro

I prefer Bioshock 2 far more to the original. The original offers up a great premise and incredible atmosphere, the sequel capitalizes on a coherent storyline and smart, enhanced gameplay.

same here. i enjoyed it a lot. definitely worth $10.

The Shift

Banned
Bioshock 2 is still showing up as $20 for me.. is the deal not live yet?

For that matter, is it worth it? I played but never beat Bioshock a long time ago and never played Bioshock 2, so Im leaning towards the second.

It's just so messy on the Australian marketplace. For instance, I'm logged in to the website now and with Australia set as my location all the US prices listed above display, even marks up if gold is required. I have to go through to purchase/billing to actually find how much I am being charged.

This sort of thing along with 'other' issues(limited sized overpriced hdd's) prevents me from making purchases there every week.

For example:

Bioshock - FrontPage = $9.99 | Confirm Purchase = $29.95
Bioshock2 - FrontPage = $19.99 | Confirm Purchase = $49.95
Dead Rising 2 - FrontPage = $15.00 | Confirm Purchase = $24.95
Resident Evil 4 - FrontPage = $9.99 | Confirm Purchase = $14.95

...this is just silliness.

Daigoro

It's just so messy on the Australian marketplace. For instance, I'm logged in to the website now and with Australia set as my location all the US prices listed above display, even marks up if gold is required. I have to go through to purchase/billing to actually find how much I am being charged.

This sort of thing along with 'other' issues(limited sized overpriced hdd's) prevents me from making purchases there every week.

For example:

Bioshock - FrontPage = $9.99 | Confirm Purchase = $29.95
Bioshock2 - FrontPage = $19.99 | Confirm Purchase = $49.95
Dead Rising 2 - FrontPage = $15.00 | Confirm Purchase = $24.95
Resident Evil 4 - FrontPage = $9.99 | Confirm Purchase = $14.95

...this is just silliness.

that sucks. whats it like when you pull it up on the xbox itself?

On the xbox it shows up us $20, same with the website for me. =/

sFCev.png

The Shift

Banned
that sucks. whats it like when you pull it up on the xbox itself?

At work right now but from experience that's a mixed bag too. I will look at it when I get home but I am usually just fed up and would rather just boot up Steam and get on with it. For all the nice 'things' MS does with streamlining they always without fail have some caveat or just plain outright omission on even the basic stuff.

Yup. Bioshock 1 is showing as $10, but not 2.. I had the same issue with Metro last week. Can anyone confirm if 2 is showing as $10 for them?

hmm, just looked on website and all of the DLC is half price but 2 isn't showing any discount. Could have sworn I saw it advertised on the console itself.

Daigoro

deal might not be fully live yet.

live has been really slow updating deals lately.

edit: wait Alan Wake AN is on sale too?!

The Shift

Banned
US. So weird. All the DLC is showing up on sale for me but not the actual game. =/

And now Im torn.. should I get Alan Wake AN for 600 or Bioshock 2 (if it works) for 800? I have 800 points to spend.

If you liked Bioshock and haven't played Bioshock 2 get that for sure. It's a fully featured game and has good DLC(Minerva)

AW was sort of ok but is very condensed and at the halfway point a bit of a let down reveals itself there(sort of connected to the 'value proposition' of the game itself). Gameplay and production a great though.

I just think in this case Bioshock 2 would be the better choice overall.

deal might not be fully live yet.

live has been really slow updating deals lately.

edit: wait Alan Wake AN is on sale too?!

Its just weird since all the other deals are live, including Bioshock 2's DLC.

If you liked Bioshock and haven't played Bioshock 2 get that for sure. It's a fully featured game and has good DLC(Minerva)

AW was sort of ok but is very condensed and at the halfway point a bit of a let down reveals itself there(sort of connected to the 'value proposition' of the game itself). Gameplay and production a great though.

I just think in this case Bioshock 2 would be the better choice overall.

On the flip side, I wonder if I could buy Bioshock 2 for cheaper than 10 dollars used where Alan Wake AN for this price will probably be the best deal for a long time. Still, I kinda want bioshock 2 more.

The Shift

Banned
Its just weird since all the other deals are live, including Bioshock 2's DLC.

On the flip side, I wonder if I could buy Bioshock 2 for cheaper than 10 dollars used where Alan Wake AN for this price will probably be the best deal for a long time. Still, I kinda want bioshock 2 more.

Consider playtime or time you can set aside for playing AW or Bioshock 2. If you are getting Halo 4 in a few weeks and are going to dedicate all your game time to that then Bioshock 2 will be a bit of a struggle to manage. AW on the other hand can be beaten in an afternoon so that may suit your circumstances a bit better.

Darksiders 1 is like £8.99, is that on sale or is that the actual GOD price? because that is rather good.

I bought Apache air assault for £11.99 the other week, felt like that was a worthwhile price for a game I wanted earlier this year.

Vert boil

Darksiders 1 is like £8.99, is that on sale or is that the actual GOD price? because that is rather good.

I bought Apache air assault for £11.99 the other week, felt like that was a worthwhile price for a game I wanted earlier this year.

It was in the THQ sale last week. They put the price back up yesterday. Showing as 14.99£ on xbox.com for me now.

Rickeh

I'm guessing Dark Souls prepare to die edition will come to GoD as its been a really long time since DS came out. Just for people like me who are 100% digital.

Majanew

Banned
MS really should let people know when a game has a price cut for a limited time on GoD. I would've bought Metro 2033 for $10, but by time I found out and got on, it went back up to $20. Maybe next time, THQ.

The_Monk

Just got RE4 HD but in here it was 840 MS Points.

I really had to get this, shame MS Points are a scarce thing in my account but in the end I think I did the right thing and got a good game for a decent price.

Has there ever been any reasoning offered for the fucked up GoD price differences worldwide?

It's just strange that everything's the same points value across the world except GoD.

Vert boil

There are a few other GoD titles in the Ubi sale as well,

AssCreed 1 - 800msp/10$ (was 1600/20$) US price, check your region

AssCreed 2 - 800msp/10$ (was 1600msp/20$) US price, check your region
--Sequence 12: Battle of Forli - 160msp (was 320)
--Sequence 13: Bonfire of the Vanities & Secret Locations - 280msp (was 560)

AssBro - 800msp/10$ (was 1600/20$) US price, check your region
--The Da Vinci Disappearance - 400msp (was 800)

AssRev - 1600msp/20$ (was 2400/30$) US price, check your region
--Ancestors Character Pack - 160msp (was 320)
--Mediterranean Traveler Map Pack - 400msp (was 800)
--The Lost Archive - 400msp (was 800)

PoP 2008
--Epilogue - 400msp (was 800)

PoP: Forgotten Sands - 1200msp/15$ (was 1600/20$) US price, check your region

Splinter Cell: Conviction - 800msp/10$ (was 1600/20$) US price, check your region
--Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400msp (was 800)

Your Shape Fitness Evolved - 1200msp/15$ (was 1600/20$) US price, check your region
--Bundle: Toned Body and Cardio Boxing Platinum - 280msp (was 560)

Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 - 1200msp/15$ (was 2400/30$) **They could have reduced this by mistake**
--Bundle Pack: Back in Shape Lose It & Keep It Off! - 320msp (was 640)

Reasonable prices only?

This thread's gonna be dead pretty quick.
Yeah the GoD library is ridiculously overpriced for the most part. There are some that are worth their digital price tho.

Purchased and played Bar Company 1 for $20~ well worth it. It's had the best SP campaign of any of the BF games and the MP was really fun too.

yep, there are some good deal on rare games like tales of vesperia, bully and now spidey: web of shadows.

some new releases are also lower, resident evil 6 is available for £24.99, akai katana is £11.99 and there are a few others.

I looked around and this seems like the best thread to ask...can anyone confirm whether Games on Demand are region free? I know that they are IP locked, I can get around that. But I don't want to buy a game only to find it doesn't work on my 360. There's a number of games I want, including Warriors Orochi 1 & 2 and El Shaddai, but obviously if they are region locked I'll have to look for another way to play them.

Syriel

I looked around and this seems like the best thread to ask...can anyone confirm whether Games on Demand are region free? I know that they are IP locked, I can get around that. But I don't want to buy a game only to find it doesn't work on my 360. There's a number of games I want, including Warriors Orochi 1 & 2 and El Shaddai, but obviously if they are region locked I'll have to look for another way to play them.

The proper answer is "it depends."

The realistic answer is, if you can get around the IP block to actually download it, you're usually OK.

Even then, the IP blocks are usually used for licensed titles (like Dance Central) where the publisher doesn't hold the license to distribute those songs in a given territory.

Troidal

I can tell you that some of them are indeed region LOCKED. I circumvented the IP block to download Metro 2033 from my US XBL account to my NTSC-J system. The game would not launch saying "This game is not the correct region code." or something to that effect.

So if you get a message that doesn't allow you to purchase, it's likely that 1) it's IP blocked for copyright reasons, etc. and 2) it's also region locked. I would not risk purchasing a digital copy the next time I see a message like that! :mad:

I can tell you that some of them are indeed region LOCKED. I circumvented the IP block to download Metro 2033 from my US XBL account to my NTSC-J system. The game would not launch saying "This game is not the correct region code." or something to that effect.

So if you get a message that doesn't allow you to purchase, it's likely that 1) it's IP blocked for copyright reasons, etc. and 2) it's also region locked. I would not risk purchasing a digital copy the next time I see a message like that! :mad:

Did it give you the warning before or after you bought it? If before, did it give you the warning and then allow you to buy it anyway?

vixlar

And because price differences they region lock the games. It is sad because some games are really expensive depending in the region.

Troidal

Did it give you the warning before or after you bought it? If before, did it give you the warning and then allow you to buy it anyway?

Yeah there was a warning before buying. At that time I thought they just IP blocked it so I circumvented it and was able to buy it. Then when I launched the game, it said it was region locked.

This also happened when I bought Crysis 1, but had no problem playing it. Which means they IP blocked it but the game itself was region free.

Yeah there was a warning before buying. At that time I thought they just IP blocked it so I circumvented it and was able to buy it. Then when I launched the game, it said it was region locked.

This also happened when I bought Crysis 1, but had no problem playing it. Which means they IP blocked it but the game itself was region free.

Sounds like it's s total crapshoot whether the games you download are region locked or not, then! I dont know if I'd want to risk it...

C4Lukins

I will make a list of games I am interested in or games that I have enjoyed that I think have reasonable prices. Realize that some of these game may currently be on sale and this is for the US market place.

Out of 506 games in total.

Akai Katana- 15
Alice Madnes Returns- 20
Assassns Creed 1,2, and Brotherhood- 20 each
Riddick Assault on Dark Athena- 15
Banjo Nuts and Bots-15
Arkham City- 30

Bayonetta- 20
Katamari- 20
Bioshock and Bioshock 2- 20 each
Borderlands- 20
Bulletstorm- 20
Bully- 20
Burnout Revenge- 15

Call of Duty 2 and Call of Duty 4- 20
Crackdown 15
Crimson Skies- 10
Crysis/ Crysis 2- 20 each
Dantes Inferno- 15
Darksiders- 20
Dragon Age Origings 10
Dungeon Siege 3 20

Earth Defense Force 15
El Shadaii- 20
Enslaved- 20
Eternal Sonata- 20
Fable 2 and Fable 3- 20 each
Fallout 3- 15
Fallout New Vegas 20
Fight Night Champion - 10

Gears of War 1 and 2- 20 each
Ghostubester 15
GTA4- 20
Kameo- 15
Left 4 Dead- 20
Lego Games- Pretty much all 20
Lost Planet and Lost Planet 2- 20 each

Mass Effect- 15
MGS 2 and 3 HD- 25
Mirrors Edge-15
Oblvion- 15
Viva Pinata Party Animals- 15
PDZ- 15
Prince of Persia- 20

Rayman Origins- 20
Red Faction Guerilla- 20
RE4- 20
RE5- 20
Resonance of Fate- 25
Rock Band 3- 20
Rockstar Table Tennis- 15

Shadows of the Damned- 20
Sonic Sega All Star Racing- 20
Splinter Cell Conviction- 20
SSX- 15
Sf4- 20

Tales of Vesperia- 30
The Orange Box- 20
Tiger Woods 13- 20

UFC Undisputed- 15
Vanquish-20
Viva Pinata- 15
WWE Legends- 20
You Don't Know Jack 20

I hate bumping old threads but this is the latest one to do with games on demand titles being released.

Soul Calibur V is on GoD now and to make things nice it's only £14.99 (XBL says 1800 allards in the UK) and I think that is well worth the asking price.

Top Bottom