• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox At gamescom 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

peppers

With all this Crash Bandicoot talk I feel like Xbox might be missing a golden opportunity to at least remake Banjo-Kazooie and get it on both Play Anywhere and Nintendo Switch. I secretly hoped that this Hollywood thing would be related to that as it would fit in the AA category...

madmackem

With all this Crash Bandicoot talk I feel like Xbox might be missing a golden opportunity to at least remake Banjo-Kazooie and get it on both Play Anywhere and Nintendo Switch. I secretly hoped that this Hollywood thing would be related to that as it would fit in the AA category...
Why remaster it all the games are in the rare collection released the other year. Seems a waste of first party time and money when they need some hits.

SOR5

The hype is really low for the Xbox One X. I really don't think it will sell that much.

I'm so hyped for the Xbox One X. I think it's going to sell a ton.

tenor.gif

shingi70

Banned
I don't think a remake of Banjo is needed as much as its probably about time to put out a new game in the series. Something on the level of Knack 2 and Yooka Laylee would do fine.

peppers

Why remaster it all the games are in the rare collection released the other year. Seems a waste of first party time and money when they need some hits.

I meant a literal remake, the same treatment Crash had this year. I know they need hits and my point is that it would be one! Even Activision saw their expectations surpassed.

The thing about remakes/revivals of most other 3D mascot characters is well... honestly, Crash is just at another level compared to others.

Look at social metrics for Crash ( in Jan-May 2016, before the remake collection was announced ) vs other 3D mascot characters.

If even something like Crash went through years of "hurrrr what if it's just vocal minority", other games are going through far worst deliberations.

I don't expect a Spyro remaster to do anywhere close to Crash, for one. The love for the dragon has always been a pin-drop compared to love of the bandicoot.

I think it will sell pretty well to current Xbox one owners looking for something new but for brining in new fresh buyers not at the price tag of £450.

For now. In a year when the price drops and Microsoft starts getting console exclusives again, then you'll see lay gamers that didn't have an XB1 originally bite.

To me this just screams soft launch of the next gen of consoles...and if that's the case, Microsoft is playing the long game, which is good for fans that enjoy their ecosystem.

Guymelef

For now. In a year when the price drops and Microsoft starts getting console exclusives again, then you'll see lay gamers that didn't have an XB1 originally bite.

To me this just screams soft launch of the next gen of consoles...and if that's the case, Microsoft is playing the long game, which is good for fans that enjoy their ecosystem.

This.
Spencer effect coming 2018.

peppers

The thing about remakes/revivals of most other 3D mascot characters is well... honestly, Crash is just at another level compared to others.

Look at social metrics for Crash ( in Jan-May 2016, before the remake collection was announced ) vs other 3D mascot characters.

If even something like Crash went through years of "hurrrr what if it's just vocal minority", other games are going through far worst deliberations.

I don't expect a Spyro remaster to do anywhere close to Crash, for one. The love for the dragon has always been a pin-drop compared to love of the bandicoot.

Well, that's definitely hard to argue against. If even Rayman (which has seen success in recent installments afaik) is having trouble to keep up with Crash, then Crash is definitely an outlier more than an example. Insightful numbers, thanks.

madmackem

Well, that's definitely hard to argue against. If even Rayman (which has seen success in recent installments afaik) is having trouble to keep up with Crash, then Crash is definitely an outlier more than an example. Insightful numbers, thanks.
I think it helped the way Sony teased crash over a period of shows, it gathered word of mouth and interest. I don't think just announcing the crash remaster and it being out six months later would've had the same effect it was almost a slow burn.

I think it helped the way Sony teased crash over a period of shows, it gathered word of mouth and interest. I don't think just announcing the crash remaster and it being out six months later would've had the same effect it was almost a slow burn.
Nah, it wouldn't have mattered. It is Crash.

True... to an extent.

Slow burn effect only works if there's the fanbase out there who's viciously clamoring for it, and legitimate nostalgia among lapsed fans who don't ask for a new Crash on the internet, but would buy one if there is a new one.

Crash is one of the examples of "media blindness" to how absurdly popular it truly is. The sales success of Crash took so many in the games media by surprise, even though so many data points in the lead-up to Crash's release more or less confirmed it will be a big hit.

"Spencer effect".

I'm cautiously optimistic, but it seems like Spring should be good with Crackdown, State of Decay, and Sea of Theives.

I'd honestly prefer they copy Sony and put first most party games in the beginning of the year from here on out. Leave the fall for AAA third parties to fight it out. We could also see titles like Ori 2 and Below next year too. E3 will be kind of a make or break time for them in regards to projects we haven't seen yet

Shiggy

Leaks so far:
Halo Wars 2: Complete Edition
ReCore: Definitive Edition
Xbox One X - Project Scorpio Edition
Xbox One S - Minecraft Limited Edition

Hawk269

So what is your floor for expectations?

I think we'll get some Forza cars (maybe a glimpse at the DLC roadmap), the reveal of the AoE project, PUPG's controller UI and a B-Tier new announcement ala Screamride.

Planet Coaster would be amazing!!! Screamride was a decent little game, just way too over the top...but if they ported PC that would be amazing!

This.
Spencer effect coming 2018.

I wish the "Spencer effect" was improvement in every aspect of Xbox. Correcting Don's mistakes was a great start, it truly is a fantastic console already and now we're getting a much much more powerful one. The services are great for the most part, they listen to the fans with the Insider program, lots of stuff has been added and improved since launch but that one crucial thing is lacking.

A steady lineup of existing and new exclusives. It's just such a goddamned shame when everything is going so damn well except for that thing. How awesome it would be if MS Studios finally started focus 100% on getting new games, but for that they would need green light from the higher ups and something tells me that's really not the case at all.

They are now so focused on being the most powerful system again, but that'll be mostly for third party games and only a few of their own. A shame. In the time between launch of Xbox One and preparations for One X they should have pursued new IP.

This conference will be a great excuse to finish the leftover Caesar's pizza in my fridge. Seriously, that stuff is disgusting, never again!

Can't wait to see some possible surprises.

Footos22

In about 6 hours.
Will watch EZA live reaction stream, they won't host a live reaction stream for the conference if they don't know something is coming.

There is no conference. It's just a live show where aceybongos will walk round and talk to developers and play some games live on stream. It's not a reveal conference of any sort

Calm your expectations for any type of big reveal.

Hawk269

There is no conference. It's just a live show where aceybongos will walk round and talk to developers and play some games live on stream. It's not a reveal conference of any sort

Exactly. It is a live show, where aceybongos will sit on a stool, have people come by and talk with him. In between guests they will show trailers/trailer announcements etc while the next guest gets situated. It will be exactly like the E3 Xbox Live shows this year and the last few years.. This is NOT a press conference.

Exactly. It is a live show, where aceybongos will sit on a stool, have people come by and talk with him. In between guests they will show trailers/trailer announcements etc while the next guest gets situated. It will be exactly like the E3 Xbox Live shows this year and the last few years.. This is NOT a press conference.

Pretty much, I'm just tuning in for any new trailers and pre-order details. Not sure why people are expecting a new things. We will be lucky to get one new thing announced.

zeexlash

Looking forward to the show, as always, but they're going to need to pull out something pretty special to sell me on an Xbox One X at this point and I'm not holding much hope.. this year has just been a steady flow of bad news and disappointment on the Xbox front.

Theorry

Looking forward to the show, as always, but they're going to need to pull out something pretty special to sell me on an Xbox One X at this point and I'm not holding much hope.. this year has just been a steady flow of bad news and disappointment on the Xbox front.

You are clearly missing the good news also then. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom