• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox At gamescom 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theorry

So Halo Wars 2 dlc we know already, seen already and know the name of. Has a code name on a german website with a price of 70 bucks?

Xbox One S Minecraft Limited Edition leaks ahead of GamesCon

r2VAWCn.jpg

SE would have to have gone insane to green light another Tomb Raider exclusivity deal with Xbox, considering the massive fan backlash and sales damage the last one caused.

Besides which, that deal was rumoured to be both originating from and heavily pushed by Crystal Dynamics, due to the guys in charge of the studio having an irrational obsession with making TR an Xbox affiliated brand, inspite of 80% of the series fanbase being on other systems. Since CD aren't making Shadow of the Tomb Raider, I just can't see it happening again.

Exactly. But I still hope the game gets revealed at GC. They did after all say it would happen this year. Time is running out on that. Unless they just announce it via a article with a trailer later this year. That's a possibility as well.

JlNX

That actually looks really cool, I wonder if they are doing this to push alongside the new bedrock Minecraft console version. Probably works out well for MS that Sony's blocking it, they probably want to make the most out of it then.

EDIT: actually not keen on the controller, It would have been better using the same greens from the console than the glossy bright green.

JoeLT

r2VAWCn.jpg

I am so conflicted. It looks bad but also good.

I cant believe it took this long to be honest. Honestly I think that controller is horribly designed with the middle. Feel it could have all been done better but still looks good, will sell tons.

wapplew

MS not playing around this Gamescom, so many great announcements ahead of the big show already!
All aboard the hype train!

Lom1lo

Minecraft LE one S, Project Scorpio one X, Recore DE, Halo Wars 2 DLC etc.
All these ahead of the show, it gonna be a meaty one.
Halo Wars 2 DLC was E3 and the rest was just leaked and not announced. You are only end disappointed if you think there will be any new big stuff

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Besides which, that deal was rumoured to be both originating from and heavily pushed by Crystal Dynamics, due to the guys in charge of the studio having an irrational obsession with making TR an Xbox affiliated brand, inspite of 80% of the series fanbase being on other systems. Since CD aren't making Shadow of the Tomb Raider, I just can't see it happening again.

Doesn't seem that irrational to me, in fact I'd hazard to say it makes a great deal of sense with Uncharted essentially ensuring that Tomb Raider will always be the second-string treasure-hunting adventurer franchise on Playstation.

peppers

I see it the other way around. Almost all of this has been leaked so there probably won't be anything new. That Minecraft One S will sell well though.

Lol there aren't going to be any Megatons at Gamescom. That Hollywood thing will only be another kick in the bollocks. Just wait!

Doesn't seem that irrational to me, in fact I'd hazard to say it makes a great deal of sense with Uncharted essentially ensuring that Tomb Raider will always be the second-string treasure-hunting adventurer franchise on Playstation.

This.

I definitely can understand their logic.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Lol there aren't going to be any Megatons at Gamescom. That Hollywood thing will only be another kick in the bollocks. Just wait!

I'm not sure why. It was announced at E3, with explicit mention we'd hear more about it later (they may have even mentioned GC).

Xbox execs are pretty transparent in their hype levels and desire in letting people know if they should be tuning in to 'event X'.

If they aren't hyping up their next event in a big way, there's probably nothing worth being excited about there.

It doesn't make sense when there is a sizeable TR fan base on Playstation consoles.

I just said I understand their logic in associating their brand with Xbox while Playstation had Uncharted. It's not as if they were foolish enough to make it a full exclusive. LOL

madmackem

MS not playing around this Gamescom, so many great announcements ahead of the big show already!
All aboard the hype train!
Wapplew in full cool aid mode, the leaked stuff is pretty weak uptill now let's hope they have some real news ready for the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom