• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live “Ultimate Game Sale” Preview

Krilekk

Banned
Just bought Borderlands 2 and Farcry 3 for 1020 MS points each (£8.99).

Good deals, but I still can't help feeling fucked over when I see other people here saying they only had to spend 800 points or something.

There's no reason why MS point pricing should vary across differet regions. No fucking reason at all.

Of course there is: Demand controls prices.

As for changing regions to buy stuff: Totally possible. For stuff with an IP check just use a proxy/VPN and buy it on Xbox.com. After 3 months change back and download and play it.

I loved Halo Wars but (as an avid Age of Empires fan) I found it a little too limited as far as unit variety and tech.

From what I hear, Red Alert 3 has the streamlined control scheme of Halo Wars but is a deeper RTS experience, correct?

It's been a while since I last played RA3, but that sounds about right.

It's a lot funnier and generally more upbeat than HW and I do vaguely remember it being deeper in terms of gameplay. I'd go for RA3 if you're in the mood for some old fashioned RTS action.

Was hoping for Crysis 3 to drop today. $20 or less and I'd probably get it. Monopoly Streets is a good deal though. 360 version still goes for close to $30.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
C'mon Mass Effect and Orange Box... Never played episode 1 and 2!

I have the full HALF Life collection on PC already but it seems convoluted to get gamepad support on Episode1 (Ep2 works out of the gate afaik) so I need this, playing HL2 with kb/m gave me some serious motion sickness :(

Top Bottom