• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX LIVE trailer uses music from LittleBigPlanet?

vantastic

Dabanton said:
Dude are you serious, the song has been around since 2004.
if you don't associate that song with lbp then you are in the minority. i as well as many others have never heard this song before lbp therefore we associate it with lbp. i mean, come on it's used in all the advertising for it.

vantastic said:
if you don't associate that song with lbp then you are in the minority. i as well as many others have never heard this song before lbp therefore we associate it with lbp

The world isn't a geek club.

McLovin

Meh I guess I shouldn't complain.. I mean its not like 360 guys associate the universal power symbol and the color green to the 360 right?

Sydle

I doubt anyone outside of the hardcore would know that song was used in LBP. I certainly don't remember a TV with it.

It's a good ad and it's clearly aimed at casuals. In any case, not a bad marketing tactic.

stupei

McLovin said:
Meh I guess I shouldn't complain.. I mean its not like 360 guys associate the universal power symbol and the color green to the 360 right?

To be fair, for most people this is because the RROD has seared it into their brain. :lol

It really seems like GAF has reached all new levels of stupid lately. I don't even care about this topic, but the thread itself is...something else. It's like many here are bored and are just looking for stuff to stir up and bitch and argue about. I know it's always been like this to a degree but...it really seems to have gotten worse.

Dr. Zoidberg said:
It's like many here are bored and are just looking for stuff to stir up and bitch and argue about.

Not being a smart ass but honestly this is the way I've always viewed the gaming side. It seems about on par.

Arnie

Dr. Zoidberg said:
It really seems like GAF has reached all new levels of stupid lately. I don't even care about this topic, but the thread itself is...something else. It's like many here are bored and are just looking for stuff to stir up and bitch and argue about. I know it's always been like this to a degree but...it really seems to have gotten worse.
It seems to coincide with a recent influx of something else...

godhandiscen said:
You expect too much of GAF. Thread creators should know better that this is another system warz forum.

Dude, you act as if LBP was a popular game. I am saying that there must be an association to certain gamers, but this is a TV commercial. 99% of people who will see this commercial have made no such association. Also, I think that a 360 fanboy most likely would know about LBP since they waste time in knowing their enemy for their stupid console wars. I personally didn't even know that LBP used this song.

I own LBP and I didn't know the song was in the game until this topic.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
stupei said:

I wonder how long we still pretend that only a very, very, very small fraction of gamers know what the internet and gaming message boards are. Yep, all these gaming websites and message boards are filled with dummy accounts from the same 4235 hardcore gamers.

GhaleonQ

stupei said:
if you don't associate that song with lbp then you are in the minority amongst people who spend a lot of time on gaming message boards.

Fixed.

Indeed. I don't expect a large hipster population on NeoGAF, but I do expect people to understand music licensing and the general level of their ignorance toward THAT music subculture.

kamorra said:
I wonder how long we still pretend that only a very, very, very small fraction of gamers know what the internet and gaming message boards are. Yep, all these gaming websites and message boards are filled with dummy accounts from the same 4235 hardcore gamers.

I'll add reading comprehension, now that I think about it.

stupei

kamorra said:

Is 4,000 supposed to represent a sizable percentage of the gaming market, and in particular the casuals that are being targeted with this ad?

Afrikan

hey...it wasn't illegal or anything....so what ever............but still

out of ALL the songs and themes in the WORLD.....they just had to choose that one :lol :lol :lol

+

the "connect of free" thing. :lol

all in one commercial.....oh man that is GOLD.

Raist

Banned
McLovin said:

A new metal gear is?

Phoenix Fang said:
I own LBP and I didn't know the song was in the game until this topic.

The fuck?

Anso

Oni Jazar said:
LBP licensed that song and so can anyone else apparently.

..and THIS, dear friends, is why not getting original music for your game is a bad idea. Just wait until a game comes out with an exact copy of the Braid soundtrack.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Thanks for the name of the song and the ad. I always loved this music from LBP. Just purchased and downloaded the MP3 from Amazon.com.

i was a bit weirded out by the video.

i associate the song with LBP due to all of the videos and tech demos that were released with that music playing.

i don't see anything wrong with it, and i doubt the average person will make the connection.

this reminds me of Fight Night... EVERY TIME I HEAR VICTORY I THINK OF FIGHT NIGHT!@*&!@&!

actually, now that i think of it, one of my cousins remarked once about "welcome to the jungle" as being "that song from the GTA commercial" :lol :lol :lol

Here's a reality check:

The general public associates Mad World with Adam Lambert
The general public has never heard this song
dfyb is utterly insane

Piper Az

Anyone who thinks these music are associated with games (either GoW or lbp) is dillusional. The songs were popular way before the ads. Plus, it's one thing that Mad World is somewhat associated with GoW...that game sold millions of copies. LBP is not a recognizable game outside of hardcore gaming community.

not exactly comparable.

Piper Az said:
Anyone who thinks these music are associated with games (either GoW or lbp) is dillusional. The songs were popular way before the ads. Plus, it's one thing that Mad World is somewhat associated with GoW...that game sold millions of copies. LBP is not a recognizable game outside of hardcore gaming community.

not exactly comparable.

:lol

Wow what?

Raist

Banned
Psychotext said:
I think that's a fair comment. It's not Singstar, Gran Turismo, Guitar Hero, Call of Duty etc

Well it's not like GoW has sold tons more copies than LBP either. What was the last count? Around 5M? LBP probably is somewhere around 3.

Raist said:
Well it's not like GoW has sold tons more copies than LBP either. What was the last count? Around 5M? LBP probably is somewhere around 3.
I'm pretty certain I didn't mention GoW. :p

Do you mean CoD?

I don't think LBP is anywhere near 3m either. At least not based on the NPD / UK / Japan figures we've seen.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
KilgoreTrout said:
Now I wanna go play LBP. Thanks, Microsoft! :lol

Yea same here. Just downloaded the infamous costume DLC.

Come to think about it, I purchased some music because of LittleBigPlanet. Such an awesome game.

Top Bottom