• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

fantomena

How do I do that? Im currently away from my Xbone.

Reason Im asking is because Im unable do buy digital X360 games for some reason and have been for a few weeks. Support couldnt help me so my plan is to make an alternate account,buy a few X360 games there and then play it on my main account.

Vert boil

So the Summer Spotlight "runs" between July 29th to Aug 31st. 25+ titles will be included. No details yet if there will be any form of rebate.

24th July, Binding of Issac Rebirth
24th July, Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut
28th July, World of Tanks
29th July, King's Quest: Chapter 1
29th July, Squid Hero (Kinect only)
31st July, Magic Duels: Origins

4th Aug, Rare Replay
7th Aug, Submerged
7th Aug, The Swindle
11th Aug, Toy Soldiers: War Chest
12th Aug, Whispering Willows
14th Aug, Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings
21st Aug, Clash

+

Beyond Eyes
Blues and Bullets: Episode 1
Bridge Constructor
Commander Cherry's Puzzled Journey
Don't Starve: Giant Edition
Extreme Exorcism
Goat Simulator: Mmore Goatz Edition
Octodad: Dadliest Catch
Penarium
Smite
The Bridge
Yasai Ninja

Bedlam and Nova-111 have announced dates during the period but they weren't included in the video or news posts.

Montresor

Those August releases look great. I'm getting the following for sure:

Submerged
Beyond Eyes
The Bridge
Whispering Willows

Octodad is a maybe.

Released today,

World of Tanks

Also,

Life is Strange
--Episode 4 - 5$

-----
They have a initial solution for bringing your purchases from the 360 version of AirMech over to the One version. Details here.

Magic Duels: Origins (F2P) will release July 31st as part of the Summer Spotlight.

Been looking forward to WoT since the beta, loved it on 360.

Lima

Daww Foxtales was great. Just such a cute game. Took me about an hour to complete it and watch the interesting insights. Recommended if you liked the game.

Vert boil

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist will be coming out Friday (31st), should be 20$. No idea if it's part of Summer Spotlight.

Site

-----

Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings will be released August 14th.

20$ and it will be available for pre-order on the 7th with a 15% discount.

Site - Trailer

Sch1sm

For those of you who have Gold/care for this stuff.

Metro 2033 (August 1-15)
Metro Last Light (August 16-31)

XBONE

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes (August 1-31)
How to Survive: Storm Warning Edition (August 16-September 15)

Alx

Squid Hero impressions?

I played it a bit yesterday, it's a simple game but it's entertaining and controls very well. You move around by leaning and moving both arms in the same direction, the main gameplay is based on grabbing floating icicles and throwing them on others to score points. Sometimes you need to color match them to break them. And in each level there is a part where you go faster and need to avoid gates by moving left and right. There are also bosses at the end of each world apparently.

I only completed the first world, but the game seems very easy, clearly aimed at kids.
My only issue is that because of the controls, you can easily reproduce accidentally the "go home" system gesture (grab the sides of the screen and pull them together). I had the game pause three times that way while playing five levels.

Edit : I stand corrected, I just played the second world and the difficulty ramps up, especially in the "turbo" modes (when you strafe to avoid gates). Also you don't need to do the grabbing motion to grab the icicles, which reduces the risk of doing the "go home" motion.

MarkusRJR

For those of you who have Gold/care for this stuff.

Metro 2033 (August 1-15)
Metro Last Light (August 16-31)

XBONE

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes (August 1-31)
How to Survive: Storm Warning Edition (August 16-September 15)
Holy shit. Probably the best GwG month for me ever. 3/4 of them are games I was planning to buy. Not quite sure what How to Survive is though, the name makes me think of a TV show game (like those Wipeout games).

pacman85

interesting they'd allow both Metro's to go up on GWG after they re-released on X1.
Yeah, I wonder if it's safe to assume that they will probably never make these 360 games backwards compatible on the XB1 because the developer will just say buy the XB1 version.

I was really interested in Toy Soldiers War Chest until I saw the price. What's the attraction of having licensed properties if I have to pay extra for them anyways?

Montresor

Tempted to grab some of these, but so many games I'm half way through can't keep buying more...

Backlog be damned, Submerged will be mine

edit: Magic and Yu-Gi-Oh should be dropping around 8EST tonight ya?

This is what I love about these tiny, quirky, story-heavy and/or puzzle-heavy indie games. They're cheap, they're short, and they provide great experiences.

I'm in the middle of AC Unity and Master Chief Collection right now but sure as I'm born I'll drop money for Submerged and Whispering Willows which can both probably be 1000'd (and greatly enjoyed) in just a few days. Then I can go back to Unity.

speedomodel

This is what I love about these tiny, quirky, story-heavy and/or puzzle-heavy indie games. They're cheap, they're short, and they provide great experiences.

I'm in the middle of AC Unity and Master Chief Collection right now but sure as I'm born I'll drop money for Submerged and Whispering Willows which can both probably be 1000'd (and greatly enjoyed) in just a few days. Then I can go back to Unity.
This is true, they are great experiences that don't take weeks to finish. Will probably pick up a few because I can't resist..
Pick the ones you really want, wait for the sales for the rest. Submerged looks good, and Penarium looks pretty interesting too
Will probably end up doing this. Need to see reviews/gameplay on some of these before I bite.

Alx

Better than Slice Zombies? I like Kinect games a lot but that looked like rubbish. Might pick Squid Hero up

Well at least it's something different, while Slice Zombies was a lesser clone of Fruit Ninja. There may be less diversity in Squid Hero though, the game modes seem to be always the same and even the bosses are recycled (and they're still very easy)
It's ok for 10€, but it would be easier to recommend if it was half that price.

kevin1025

Banned

Yeah, looking at the Whispering Willows achievements it looks like you can 100% the achievements almost entirely by completing the story. Submerged is the one I'm most interested in for next week.

Gotta say, outside of MP stuff and things like KI, I'm more and more inclined just to get short, small games. Steamworld Dig was just the right length for me. I simply don't have the patience, anymore. Weird.

danowat

Banned
Played Magic : Duels this morning......

Dabbled with Magic a few times in the past, but has normally gone over my head a little, after getting well into Gwent in W3, I decided to give this a go.

Think I could get quite addicted to it............

eastx

I was really interested in Toy Soldiers War Chest until I saw the price. What's the attraction of having licensed properties if I have to pay extra for them anyways?

Well, it costs the developer/publisher money to get those licenses. You can't expect them to spend way more to make the game and then sell it for the original price.

So Cobalt (acquired by MS in Mojang acquisition) finally got rated after being announced at Gamescom in like 2013. It's called "Cobalt Xbox Edition" so I'm wondering if they plan on brining it to PS also. At least it's still alive!

Played Magic : Duels this morning......

Dabbled with Magic a few times in the past, but has normally gone over my head a little, after getting well into Gwent in W3, I decided to give this a go.

Think I could get quite addicted to it............
Yep, I think the tutorials mixed into the campaign missions are great for beginners and people like me who casually play. I'm really digging what I've played so far. Also, you can do online 2v2 so people that want to try that should post here or something to meet up and try it out :).

Top Bottom