• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

eastx

Did they ever add leaderboards in to Peggle 2 on XB1?

Just checked, and they did quietly add leaderboards to Peggle 2! You can't view them from the title screen, just from the actual adventure mode. Choose a level and you'll see friends leaderboard scores on the right side of the screen. These can be scrolled through, as well as toggled to "world."

Shame I missed it, hope it went well bud.

Would be really cool to have you in in the stream someday. It was quite fun. A bunch of us stuck around for over an hour after the stream ended just to chat.

Just checked, and they did quietly add leaderboards to Peggle 2! You can't view them from the title screen, just from the actual adventure mode. Choose a level and you'll see friends leaderboard scores on the right side of the screen. These can be scrolled through, as well as toggled to "world."

Would be really cool to have you in in the stream someday. It was quite fun. A bunch of us stuck around for over an hour after the stream ended just to chat.

Ya, we still need to play some Warframe too :p.

I've been really busy with work lately, doesn't leave much time for gaming until the weekends. Should be more free after new year though :)

Edwardo

So I think i'm going to buy Game of Thrones tonight. Any fans of the series have some good impressions of it?

I actually have a $50 gift card for xbl so are there any must-haves out there?

So I think i'm going to buy Game of Thrones tonight. Any fans of the series have some good impressions of it?

I actually have a $50 gift card for xbl so are there any must-haves out there?

Super Time Force if you missed it on GwG (although it was on sale a few weeks back)

Peggle 2 is awesome and very cheap at the moment, Powerstar Golf, Max (was GwG previously), Never Alone is very good.

Theres quite a lot of decent stuff on there, although some available on other platforms too

Edwardo

Super Time Force if you missed it on GwG (although it was on sale a few weeks back)

Peggle 2 is awesome and very cheap at the moment, Powerstar Golf, Max (was GwG previously), Never Alone is very good.

Theres quite a lot of decent stuff on there, although some available on other platforms too

Thanks! I have Super Time Force from when it was free. I'll take a look at the others.

I was playing Onigiri last week, fumbling my way through the language barrier lol. I got to the first open hub thing after the tutorial then didn't know what to do. Thanks for the tips!

Worth it just for the achievements. So I can set the art as my background. :p

So, this means they already have a game for January planned? You'd think sooner or later they would start moving over to 2 games a month... Im looking forward to trying it though.

zorbsie

Was already going to buy #IDARB, nice to know it's going to be free in February. GwG has been pretty good for me so far. I hope it pans out for the developers, not sure what the compensation is for them.

Unmechanical: Extended Edition should be out towards the end of January. No price or exact date announced yet though.

Here's the newest trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm9gwHyqAzE

They (Grip Games) also announced a new game for Xbox One (and PS3/4) today as well call Tower of Guns, theres a PS Blog article on it, they said on twitter its due for XB1 as well

Jet Car Stunts should also be out soon (from the same developer), it was recently rated by PEGI.

Looks like the Telltales stuff is on sale.

GoT season pass is down to £15.99, Tales from the Borderlands season pass is down to £11.99 and Walking Dead Seasons 1 and 2 is down to £35.99.

I was just about to post this.

They really need to do something about the way they handle releases. There has to be a happy medium between allowing developers to publish whenever they want and giving them an outlet to advertise that their game is actually out.

Self-publishing is there for developers to do as they please, if MS started getting involved they would get a heap of shit for trying to help.

They could still do more, but the developers twitter account had a picture a few days ago saying it was out so its not like they didn't know it was coming... very weird really but never mind.

Ape

Banned
Self-publishing is there for developers to do as they please, if MS started getting involved they would get a heap of shit for trying to help.

They could still do more, but the developers twitter account had a picture a few days ago saying it was out so its not like they didn't know it was coming... very weird really but never mind.

I think it would be fine if there was an area on the dash that had upcoming releases for the ID titles. As soon as it certs put it up there so we know that it's coming, idk. There seems like a better way to communicate a pending release on the dashboard instead of just showing up one day.

I think it would be fine if there was an area on the dash that had upcoming releases for the ID titles. As soon as it certs put it up there so we know that it's coming, idk. There seems like a better way to communicate a pending release on the dashboard instead of just showing up one day.

Yeh, I mean you can see whats coming by checking PEGI and/or USK, theres not often a big delay but for some reason MS dont seem to want to do that.

They need to get a proper Xbox Wire/ID@Xbox portal on the store to see trailers, news (announcements for new games and release dates) etc and whats upcoming. I dont think developers help themselves by not communicating on twitter and other avenues that games are coming. They say its because they dont know when they will pass certification but I think when developers believe they're hitting final cert they should say that (with the caveat that they still might fail).

Hopefully it will improve next year

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

I agree with this. I hate the fact that Games like Pier Solar, Giana Sisters, even Defense Grid 2 all came out, and were announced in one way or another before those times, yet the "Coming Soon" section on the store only shows off things like Witcher, Mortal Kombat, and the Crew.

If they simply used that section to advertise for their ID@XBOX games a month ~ or even a week in advance, with the date obviously layered atop the boxart, it'd help the on-dashboard communication immensely.

++++++++++++

BTW, Speaking of that, was anyone aware that a Dedicated App for XB ONE Demos released?

I'd love to leave a link to it, but I can't find mention of it's existence on the webstore, let alone on the internet ;-)

It sounds like a great idea. It lets you know when demos are coming out, links you to them, and the ability to pre-order the game, as well as has related videos and such for the games... but who even knows the thing exist?

BTW, Speaking of that, was anyone aware that a Dedicated App for XB ONE Demos released?

I'd love to leave a link to it, but I can't find mention of it's existence on the webstore, let alone on the internet ;-)

It sounds like a great idea. It lets you know when demos are coming out, links you to them, and the ability to pre-order the game, as well as has related videos and such for the games... but who even knows the thing exist?

malfcn mentioned it in his December Xbox Live thread, which isn't getting nearly enough traffic now that those threads have been banished to Community. :(

Anyway, the app is Game Demo Central, and it seems you can only search for it through SmartGlass. Not sure why that is.

malfcn

When I found it, it was in the app store because it's an app. A little strange, but makes sense technically.

And don't be shy, visit my threads too! ☺

Pretty good interview done at Windows Central with developer Cyberstep, in which they confirm that Onigiri for Xbox One is coming west alongside the previous announcement that the PS4 version was coming west.

Link

Shoutout to Eastx for the great read!

Top Bottom