• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Onigiri | ¥0 | 3.64 GB | Release Date: 2014/11/27

Free to play MMORPG (JP Only but change regions to download), hey it's got achievements

Season Pass for Tales of the Borderlands is listed at $15.

That's a price error right? Combined with the first episode that's $20. It's listed at $25 on Steam. Getting the entire thing at $20 is a bit more tempting. Not sure if I want to just grab it now before they fix it or wait for a sale.

Season Pass for Tales of the Borderlands is listed at $15.

That's a price error right? Combined with the first episode that's $20. It's listed at $25 on Steam. Getting the entire thing at $20 is a bit more tempting. Not sure if I want to just grab it now before they fix it or wait for a sale.

If I remember right, that was The price for the last Telltale games on consoles ($5 + $15). If you wsnt to play it right now grab it, otherwise wait for the 1st to became free.

If I remember right, that was The price for the last Telltale games on consoles ($5 + $15). If you wsnt to play it right now grab it, otherwise wait for the 1st to became free.

Hmm, strange that it's $5 more on PC. Wonder why that is.

Regardless if $20 is the standard price then I'll probably hold out for a sale or at least until all the episodes are out. Thanks for the info.

Nintendad

Hmm, strange that it's $5 more on PC. Wonder why that is.

Regardless if $20 is the standard price then I'll probably hold out for a sale or at least until all the episodes are out. Thanks for the info.

When I saw it on PSN the season Pass was $19.99. If it's still 15 I think I'll get it today.

Montresor

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris is now up for pre-order/pre-load, 2.58gb, released December 9th.

Two versions available.

Stand alone game.
https://store.xbox.com/en-GB/Xbox-O...f-Osiris/9c471f91-753f-4a43-9699-fc68a7fe3cea

Game and Season Pass.
https://store.xbox.com/en-GB/Xbox-O...ass-Pack/a529f4c6-762e-4751-a212-08216653d0df

This is getting a bit ridiculous. What could they possibly release for this bite-sized game that would warrant a season pass? Does anyone else who played the first game (Guardian of Light) feel the same way?

Next we will see games like Limbo 2 come out with a season pass and pre-order exclusive puzzles.

The previous game had 3 challenge packs, 4 levels in each pack and 2 character packs, it's not like they didn't release DLC for the previous bite sized game.

Want more Lara Croft adventure? Get the Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris Season Pass and receive the Icy Death and Twisted Gears Packs. The upcoming DLC Packs offer 6 additional costumes and will challenge Lara, Carter, Horus and Isis to conquer additional tombs and collect a treasure trove of unique rings, amulets and weapons as they become available to download.

The Icy Death Pack includes the Ice Climber skin, Icy Rifle, rings and amulets.

Twisted Gears pack includes the Original 1996 Lara Skin, Cluster Bomb Launcher, rings and amulets.

I never got the DLC's for the first game, packs 1 and 3 came out and the 2nd pack was cancelled on XBLA, all 3 were available on PC/PSN.

Brakara

LOL, in Norway buying the two Metro games separately is $10 cheaper than buying the bundle. And, yes, all are on sale here.

Does anyone who has played these games have a recommendation for which mode a first-timer should choose?

The options are a bit intimidating, and I'm not sure if I should play through the same mode for both Metros or play through the original mode for each game, whatever that is.

(I actually bought this bundle in August but haven't gotten around to it yet.)

theDeeDubs

"Wednesday" seems to usually be Tuesday night for MS. Not complaining :). Downloading now. GoT is one I can't just wait until they're all released to buy.

Montresor

That sucks. So it comes out on PS4 first, and then if it bombs, it will never come out on XB1? Makes business sense I guess, but that's unfortunate for XB1-only owners.

edit: Thinking about this more and more, and this concept (game bombing and then never coming out to other platforms) really sucks. I have some comments:

1) First, how is it even possible that the n++ devs would be allowed to sell this on XB1 period? Doesn't Microsoft still have the dumb launch parity clause in place?

2) Second, the launch parity clause is a remarkably futile attempt to ensure Xbox owners get access to these indie games. It is literally impossible for these n++ devs to release the game on both PS4 and XB1, because clearly, they can't even afford it right now, and can only afford it after recouping development costs via good PS4 sales. And the way the parity clause works, if a dev can only release on one console initially, this means they would have to choose XB1 first, or never release on XB1. It is unrealistic to expect a small dev to debut on XB1 initially because - guess what, you fucked up with the initial reveal, you fucked up with the 24-hour-check-in-DRM, and you fucked up by having a weaker console, and so for the next 10 years PS4 is going to have higher sales. Why would a dev that is barely able to pay its electricity bill choose to debut on a console with the smaller install base?

What Microsoft should do is get rid of the launch parity clause, and then have something like what Sony did last year for such downloadable games - i.e. if you release on PS4 first, then have some tiny, marginal thing be exclusive for XB1 when you eventually release it on XB1 a couple of months later. Isn't that a decent concession? That is WAY better than the game never releasing on XB1.

And, if there is a really good game, and a dev chooses to release on PS4 first, but the game completely bombs, Microsoft should facilitate the port themselves, if they truly want XB1 owners to feel like "1st class citizens".

Again, I find it bizarre that the n++ devs even have the option to release on XB1 later. How? Doesn't the launch parity clause make that impossible?

From that topic with a Phil interview, the clause is pretty much there only to entice dialog between the dev and Ms, because sometimes turns out the dev can release at the same time on xbone with no added cost.

But if they can't, they are not going to outright deny the game to be released.

So yeah, sounds like it's an extra step, but they won't actively ban anyone who wishes to launch late games on xbone.

Despite they not talking about that, I'm totally expecting this to go away with Windows 10 and the one store. I believe they will push very hard to get as many games as possible on their combined store across devices.

flkraven

I've played roughly 70 hours of Destiny, and just recently logged about 6 hours in Titanfall.

Titanfall is the better game by a mile. So much fun, the movement (wall running, window jumping) is so rewarding. I'm still playing campaign and haven't tried all the modes, but damn. I actually feel Titanfall is under-rated, if that makes any sense.

I've played roughly 70 hours of Destiny, and just recently logged about 6 hours in Titanfall.

Titanfall is the better game by a mile. So much fun, the movement (wall running, window jumping) is so rewarding. I'm still playing campaign and haven't tried all the modes, but damn. I actually feel Titanfall is under-rated, if that makes any sense.

If Titanfall came out during the holidays with a single player campaign to go along with the already great multiplayer it would be GotY easily. It has such a good mix of platforming and shooting.

Threes for $6.99? 6, 9, 9. It all makes sense!

But seriously, for anyone who is OCD about gamerscore, note that every achievement's GS ends in 3, 6, or 9. I'm not sure how reasonable the achievements are for a full completion since I've never played the game, but if you don't get the full 1000 GS then you may have a problem.

Bsigg12

Threes for $6.99? 6, 9, 9. It all makes sense!

But seriously, for anyone who is OCD about gamerscore, note that every achievement's GS ends in 3, 6, or 9. I'm not sure how reasonable the achievements are for a full completion since I've never played the game, but if you don't get the full 1000 GS then you may have a problem.

I never even looked! That means I'll finally be able to get back to the 0 or 5 by getting some of the achievements!

Top Bottom