• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

LowerLevel

Don't try it on Amazon.com - I don't think it works there. If you are located in the US, try BestBuy.

Or a batch store like Costco or BJ's. One might also try a Sears or a K-Mart depending on location. Those two stores in my area for example aren't prevalent and tend to get overlooked.

Or a batch store like Costco or BJ's. One might also try a Sears or a K-Mart depending on location. Those two stores in my area for example aren't prevalent and tend to get overlooked.

So do most stores refresh their online inventories instantly, thereby making the console available to purchase the second a preorder is cancelled? I had no idea that this was even a possibility; I figured a nightly refresh/update or something.

Anyways, thanks for the heads up. I don't have memberships to either of these, but I'll keep checking Best Buy.

As I stated in a previous post, I have a four-year-old that will make standing in line Friday morning very difficult to pull off, and I didn't think I'd have the money to take the plunge or else I would have preordered in the spring!

Is anyone else strongly considering Rivals over Forza 5? Assuming, you're like me and only have time for one racer. Forza looks amazing, but I feel I've played it over and over already, albeit with worse graphics. If Rivals @ 1080p plays like a Criterion game with all the cool stuff going on, I'm really leaning that way.
BF4 and Rivals should keep me busy until the new year no problem.

T.O.P

Banned
Is anyone else strongly considering Rivals over Forza 5? Assuming, you're like me and only have time for one racer. Forza looks amazing, but I feel I've played it over and over already, albeit with worse graphics. If Rivals @ 1080p plays like a Criterion game with all the cool stuff going on, I'm really leaning that way.

Last NFS i enjoyed was the original Most Wanted on Ps2

Not liking how the series is shaping up, until Underground 3 'll stick to Forza :(

and yeah @60fps comes first for racing games

FrankT

It looks and runs darn impressively going by that footage dropped earlier in this thread.

TKR92

that might be true.

But I'd rather play a 60 fps racing game.

Eoin

The choice is easy for me as Forza comes with the console, but i'm really liking what ive seen so far. Watch the gamespot stream from yesterday, the AI looks incredible.

JMizzlin

I feel like I remember there being a gamer tag thread where we could add each other as friends and followers but now I can't find it anywhere. Am I crazy or just blind?

BlindRage

So is there any chance of the games like 2k, FIFA, Cod, etc being on shelves today? Wanna give target back these ps4 games for x1 versions.

Or is everything released on Friday? (Which in case is a bad move by Xbox because I only wanna buy one game from GameStop at midnight, don't wanna have to wait until 9-10am on Friday just to have FIFA, 2k etc.)

Eoin

I feel like I remember there being a gamer tag thread where we could add each other as friends and followers but now I can't find it anywhere. Am I crazy or just blind?
There's definitely one. I'd link it but I'm on my phone, but you should be able to find it in my recent posts.

Was speaking to futureshop on twitter and they said u don't have to do the $10 upgrade in store. It's all done over x1. I didn't know that until today. Thought I had to trade in the 360 version to get the x1 version + $10.

I dont know if this has been cleared up, but you have to put the 360 version of your game in the disc drive. You can pay the $10 on the Xbox Store for the upgrade, basically anyone can. But you must have the 360 version in your disc drive to start the game. So it isn't a completely digital version, and you will not be able to sell your 360 version and still play the digital version.

c3t

Banned

Go to the bottom of the OP. There will be a link. The GT is XboxGAF.

TKR92

Wasn't Horizon 30fps? And people say that was the racing game of last gen.
Was Burnout Paradise 60fps? Cuz that game made all parts of me tingle, such good memories. Maybe that's why?

Yes, Horizon is 30 fps.
I will try NFS Rivals later. That game also looks good & fun.

But If I only have one choice, I'd take a 60 fps game.

FrankT

So is there any chance of the games like 2k, FIFA, Cod, etc being on shelves today? Wanna give target back these ps4 games for x1 versions.

Or is everything released on Friday? (Which in case is a bad move by Xbox because I only wanna buy one game from GameStop at midnight, don't wanna have to wait until 9-10am on Friday just to have FIFA, 2k etc.)

Not sure I know DR is street dated for launch, but the Best Buy lady told me you could AC4 today. They may all have different street dates.

I dont know about Forza, but I did pick up Rivals for PS4 and its pretty amazing. I had zero interest in it, none, until some of the feedback on Gaf. So I watch a few streams and had to have it.

It reminds me SOOOO much of Burnout Paradise, except you can be the police. I still dont have a very good understanding of how the online works, but the game looks so good. I was actually shocked that I was so in the dark about the game graphically. The game looks really good, and runs silky smooth with very little slowdown or lag. The sense of speed is unbelievable, there are jumps everywhere, hidden speed cameras to find. Think of Burnout Paradise, it takes a lot from it.

It doesn't have a s good of destruction as Burnout Paradise, when you crash, parts of your car fly everywhere, but then they kinda disolve into the ground. But it has realistic time of day, weather with rain, lightening, thunder, it is always changing. And nearly everything you do in the race is "scored" and you can view a leaderboard of how well all your friends did.

One of the coolest things is to be the Cop, pull up the map, see where a few of the online users that have chosen Racers are, and anticipate where they are going. Hide out like a cop does, then boom, when they pass you, hit the lights and put up a chase. This is even more fun if you have a buddy online who is waiting a mile up the road for the two of you to pass, to help take them out. Spike strip anyone?

nbraun80

That new x1 smart glass app is pretty nice. Just looked at ryse on it and is shows achievements, images, what the season pass includes, game information, etc. You can also view your uploaded clips on the app. Also like someone said early you can pin apps from it, and select apps to snap on the tv.

I dont know about Forza, but I did pick up Rivals for PS4 and its pretty amazing. I had zero interest in it, none, until some of the feedback on Gaf. So I watch a few streams and had to have it.

It reminds me SOOOO much of Burnout Paradise, except you can be the police. I still dont have a very good understanding of how the online works, but the game looks so good. I was actually shocked that I was so in the dark about the game graphically. The game looks really good, and runs silky smooth with very little slowdown or lag. The sense of speed is unbelievable, there are jumps everywhere, hidden speed cameras to find. Think of Burnout Paradise, it takes a lot from it.

It doesn't have a s good of destruction as Burnout Paradise, when you crash, parts of your car fly everywhere, but then they kinda disolve into the ground. But it has realistic time of day, whether with rain, lightening, thunder, it is always changing. And nearly everything you do in the race is "scored" and you can view a leaderboard of how well all your friends did.

One of the coolest things is to be the Cop, pull up the map, see where a few of the online users that have chosen Racers are, and anticipate where they are going. Hide out like a cop does, then boom, when they pass you, hit the lights and put up a chase. This is even more fun if you have a buddy online who is waiting a mile up the road for the two of you to pass, to help take them out. Spike strip anyone?

Alright, I'm in! Thanks dude! :)

BlindRage

Not sure I know DR is street dated for launch, but the Best Buy lady told me you could AC4 today. They may all have different street dates.
That's the only one I actually plan on getting from GameStop, just so I'm ensured the day 1 edition.

Ryse has been looking good as well though..

Sushigod7

So do most stores refresh their online inventories instantly, thereby making the console available to purchase the second a preorder is cancelled? I had no idea that this was even a possibility; I figured a nightly refresh/update or something.

Anyways, thanks for the heads up. I don't have memberships to either of these, but I'll keep checking Best Buy.

As I stated in a previous post, I have a four-year-old that will make standing in line Friday morning very difficult to pull off, and I didn't think I'd have the money to take the plunge or else I would have preordered in the spring!

What are you using for internet browser? Use chrome set up a page monitor and it will monitor that page weather you have it up or not. Also if your in the market for a Xbone are you in a city with a Microsoft store? I just got a pre order secured Sunday from a store.

FrankT

That's the only one I actually plan on getting from GameStop, just so I'm ensured the day 1 edition.

Ryse has been looking good as well though..

Yea AC4 is definitely today as Amazon is showing shipping now. Ryse is probably Friday as well since it is MS.

Also it's a 5 minute record time max is that right?

derFeef

The skydrive thing is awesome, I can show gameplay clips on my phone then :)
I have slow upload though - 1mbit - wonder how big those files are going to be.

That new x1 smart glass app is pretty nice. Just looked at ryse on it and is shows achievements, images, what the season pass includes, game information, etc. You can also view your uploaded clips on the app. Also like someone said early you can pin apps from it, and select apps to snap on the tv.

There's a new smartglass app? And it works without issue?

Top Bottom