• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

LowerLevel

Just grabbed it. Hopefully the Windows 8.1 and IOS versions will be ready by launch. The app is great. I'm watching uploaded clips of Rise right now. I can also see all of the achievements.

Gonna have to stop by the job and rob you of your stuff now. Take your car too... ;)

What? No new gifs while I was asleep?

Here is some way overdue Penello love:

penelloyncrt.gif

Thanks for the community service!

thank you based guerrilla

no angel

Hi guys. Today I made the momentous decision to cancel my ps4 preorder and keep my xbone one. All my friends are getting the xbox and for me the social aspect of gaming far outweighs the power advantage the ps4 has. I think it was mr Whitta's post in this thread that made me realise this so thanks Gary!

Now I've made the decision I'm fucking excited and Friday can't come soon enough. Don't let me down amazon!!

Lima

I would prefer to give the XBox One the voice commands in english language even if I am german (as you).

Then just set your system language to English and you are good to go. Works the same way it does on 360 now. Ist ganz einfach mein Freund.

Forza 5 Limited Edition just shipped from Amazon. Now to get the console and DR3 on Thursday at the midnight launch and download the rest of the games. So excited.

Colbert

Banned
Then just set your system language to English and you are good to go. Works the same way it does on 360 now. Ist ganz einfach mein Freund.

Are you absolutely sure about that? Annahme oder bereits tatsächlich ausprobiert irgendwo gesehen/gelesen?

ekim

It's not that easy. If I understand it correctly, your system language is dependent from your selected region.

Wereroku

It's not that easy. If I understand it correctly, your system language is dependent from your selected region.

Yep if he wants english he will have to choose an english region until they add english as a german option. I think they said they were working on this but do not know what the final word was.

Colbert

Banned

That's my understanding at the moment from what I have seen and read. But that doesn't mean that such a configuration is not possible. I hope Albert Penello is answering my question on that matter ...

What's this? looked a few pages backed, couldn't find it

There were some people reporting ITT that if you keep refreshing the Amazon product page, that whenever someone cancels a preorder it results in being able to 1-Click a Day One edition.

However, looking back at various posts, it appears like this is not for the US version of Amazon.

YMMV definitely :)

Colbert

Banned
Yep if he wants english he will have to choose an english region until they add english as a german option. I think they said they were working on this but do not know what the final word was.

I really would like to have an english option because otherwise the voice commands will be terrible long.

XBox On --> XBox Einschalten
XBox Off --> XBox Ausschalten

and so on :)

derFeef

I can't set my system language to english? Sounds like bonkers/bullshit. I want the games run with english VO etc (if on disc...).

derfybzh

Are there any French people here? What would be my chances finding a Xbox one in Lille Friday and what shop should i go to?

Try Cultura Villeneuve d'Ascq at the opening. No one will think about this store, or perhaps but with less chance Le Furet du Nord at Villeneuve d'Ascq. You can even call them to see if they can get you one (Cultura that is).

Colbert

Banned
I can't set my system language to english? Sounds like bonkers/bullshit. I want the games run with english VO etc (if on disc...).

I was only talking about voice commands for the ui in a german system setup not about games. As you said english language in games is dependent if its on the disc/digital image.

Badgerst3

When can I put money down at best buy for their next shipment?

I don't expect a launch console but yesterday their staff said they were not taking "any orders".

BB: have my money. I will wait for you to call.

ekim

seady

I want to cancel my Day 1 Edition preorder due to personal reason, but feel there might be something good ahead for being Day 1 owner. Microsoft loves to give out free stuffs to loyal customers randomly through something like this (early Live subscribers etc)

Miles X

ChrisV

I want to cancel my Day 1 Edition preorder due to personal reason, but feel there might be something good ahead for being Day 1 owner. Microsoft loves to give out free stuffs to loyal customers randomly through something like this (early Live subscribers etc)

Psssh...I've been a live subscriber since day 1. 10 year member and I've never received anything special before. Not even the free KI they were giving away.

Chairhome

can user ratings be done on the xbox.com site without owning an xbox one? Serious question. I have heard more poor impressions than positive ones, but I haven't been keeping a close eye.

Top Bottom