• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Scoica

Banned
iF8YwimOLTHiy.gif

someone posted but i lost the page, what game is this ?

I was really counting on that twitch feature to be there and it's a huge disappointment. I don't know why some of you are downplaying it. First part of 2014 could mean I could be waiting until March.

grkazan12

My brother is thinking of getting one this Friday, didn't pre order, do you think it will be possible for us to pickup an Xbox One in a store this Friday?

FordGTGuy

Banned
Are you serious? Many, many more people will use Twitch over DVR.

I don't believe that at all, I think game DVR is going to be a way more used feature. Even more so considering those clips can be played on your profile and other profiles and can be uploaded to Youtube and Facebook.

You think editing a video, then uploading a video, then adding the video to a video service is more convenient than hitting a share button and streaming via Twitch? lol

For the average gamer? Yes I do even more so considering it uploads it very quickly.

The game DVR is going to be for sharing small game clips which I think is going to be a lot more popular than Twitch streaming.

Don't get me wrong Twitch streaming will be popular but of the people that do stream the ones that actually gets watched will be a small amount.

The nice think would be able to watch your friends play a game while you chatted so I hope it comes soon.

How is Twitch more convenient than something that you can upload and edit on the fly?

Article is misleading you can play MP3s but you have to stream them like everyone has done for the last 7 years.

First off, looks like you actually didn't put me on ignore, lulz. Second, because you're displaying content right then and there instead of having to take time out to edit and upload? I didn't think it needed an explanation.

Cheap is the best way to describe how it feels.

Wow that's certainly strange..not that i don't believe you. How in the world did Microsoft manage to make a worst controller, while spending $100 million on the controller R&D? Guess I'll see when i try it out.

Wow that's certainly strange..not that i don't believe you. How in the world did Microsoft manage to make a worst controller, while spending $100 million on the controller R&D? Guess I'll see when i try it out.

It's not surprising at all that this system was designed by suits and not gamers for the most part. From working in the industry, the writing is all over the wall and painfully obvious.

FordGTGuy

Banned
First off, looks like you actually didn't put me on ignore, lulz. Second, because you're displaying content right then and there instead of having to take time out to edit and upload? I didn't think it needed an explanation.

There is a little button that says "show post".

Depends on what you're doing but for people that want to upload to services like Youtube game DVR seems a lot more convenient.

Like I said earlier the coolest thing with twitch is watching your friends play.

Am I back? I'm back! I'm back!

Wow what an incredible few weeks we've had. Got banned in the already historical DF BF4 comparison thread, and the twists and turns we've had ever since were mind boggling. I've missed you guys.

The XB1 duders were patient and kept trolling and aggression to a minimum over the countless threads orchestrated by two bit insiders spelling doom and gloom for the console. It was impossible for any positive news to emerge and be discussed without an active attempt to paint another, more dire picture.

What a turn of events. A sober reminder to many if nothing else. It's deplorable that so many members (of a board that has always supported gaming) were hoping for a failed launch, faulty XB1 hardware, broken software and all kinds of disasters for MS's platform. No one should want fellow gamers on a crutch, and I'm glad no one is trolling the (numerous) PS4 faulty hardware threads.

Anyway, hype on. Can't wait to play KI, Ryse and Forza. We're so close now.

JaggedSac

Are you serious? Many, many more people will use Twitch over DVR.

Well, the setup that MS has for DVR is fairly nice. Videos uploaded by the community are displayed on game pages, with videos having large numbers of views are floated to the top. This is nice for when you are looking for games to buy and such and a whole slew of videos are right there to browse and stream.

Z_Y

Just had a bad thought...

My AV receiver is an older model that does not have HDMI ports. I pipe in my audio to my receiver via optical cables. Video from each device goes right to the TV via HDMI.

So with the XB1 being in between my DirecTV box and my TV....will it take the audio coming in from the DirecTV box via the HDMI and spit it out over the optical output on the XB1 to my AV receiver?

I hope I explained that effectively. lol Looks confusing. I can't be the only one with a similar set-up though, right?

Miles X

It's not surprising at all that this system was designed by suits and not gamers for the most part. From working in the industry, the writing is all over the wall and painfully obvious.

Leave the thread then?

Ed - Oh and you're wrong, no I don't care to argue it with you, you've got blinkers on.

SreyB

I got an email from Microsoft stating my system shipped. When I check UPS's website it says my package will be delivered today between 930am - 130pm *BUT* the website also says: "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status will be updated."

If UPS hasn't received the package then there's no way it will arrive today, right? I'm debating staying home from work... Just in case... It might come...

FordGTGuy

Banned
Well, the setup that MS has for DVR is fairly nice. Videos uploaded by the community are displayed on game pages, with videos having large numbers of views are floated to the top. This is nice for when you are looking for games to buy and such and a whole slew of videos are right there to browse and stream.

Yep this is what I'm referring to, it has much more customization and a much bigger eco-system but it of course cannot replace Twitch streaming.

It's kinda funny that Microsoft was the first to announce it yet Sony actually has it at launch. xD

Moa

I got an email from Microsoft stating my system shipped. When I check UPS's website it says my package will be delivered today between 930am - 130pm *BUT* the website also says: "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status will be updated."

If UPS hasn't received the package then there's no way it will arrive today, right? I'm debating staying home from work... Just in case... It might come...

It won't. Go to work.

Livestreaming is a great feature and it's unfortunate that it's not in at launch.

Yeah it's the first real bummer for me so far. Although personally I would have just used it to get game clips off of the archive, so the Skydrive thing kinda is enough or even better in that regard.

JaggedSac

Yep this is what I'm referring to, it has much more customization and a much bigger eco-system but it of course cannot replace Twitch streaming.

It's kinda funny that Microsoft was the first to announce it yet Sony actually has it at launch. xD

Definitely, my thoughts on it are that they need to expose the video feed for any app to use how they want and let the development community create apps to do these types of things.

Xamdou

Has it been confirmed that I can use my XBOX ONE to switch inputs to my PS4 through HDMI in ?

This is an awesome feature which I will take full advantage of!

Also are there release day downloadable games on XBL? For example Lego Marvel Heroes or Forza?

jbug617

Banned
Forza will be on Fallon tonight.

This is an awesome feature which I will take full advantage of!

Also are there release day downloadable games on XBL? For example Lego Marvel Heroes or Forza?

yeah all games will be available day one now. They recently started to do it for 360 with Ghosts and WWE game.

Razdek

Banned

It's not funny it's just the way Microsoft works. Announce features way in advance and then release it late giving competition the time to implement it first.

Xamdou

Forza will be on Fallon tonight.

yeah all games will be available day one now. They recently started to do it for 360 with Ghosts and WWE game.

Will the games be full price? If it's the same price I might as well get the physical copy and then trade it in after I am done with the games.

mmitt

so close now!

what is the latest info on voice commands outside of the US?
The last thing I red was that some commands (like 'xbox on') will only be supported in 5 countries (not languages), is that still the case?
Really like that feature, would be disappointing to not have it here in austria at launch :(

Top Bottom