• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

FordGTGuy

Banned
Unfortunately, the whole world doesn't speak with a generic, american accent.

I, myself, have a thick accent so I won't be getting the Xbox anytime soon. The gamespot live stream showed it perfectly, everytime Danny O'Dwyer attempted the commands it wouldn't respond.

Why do you think they are working on rolling it out in different accents and languages?

It takes time and money to get something like that to work.

Gamespot's stream was cringe worthy, most of the time they either said commands mid sentence, without saying Xbox first or saying things that weren't even commands at all.

New RYSE video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU4PGx4gyME&feature=youtu.be

Kerrinck

Thinking of getting one mostly for Xbox fitness.
A couple of questions though. Does it need gold to work? Also, any idea if it's region locked to the US?

oVerde

Banned
Hey, the mainstream media praises Ryse and Forza, I'm getting hopefully hyped for a sequel on Ryse here :)

That might also bring some 8s to reviews.

And as someone said before, the only game definition that matters will be my abs with Xbox Fitness lol

Justmarbz

Neo Member
Killer Instinct looks so fun. I am sticking with my PS4 but you guys on the other side sure do have an awesome piece of hardware to look forward to in a couple days. Controller looks sexy, and that battery life is crazy nice.

I'll have to wait until after christmas to jump in.

In the mean time I'll continue to drool over KI.

I have nothing but respect for posts like this. Love it.

Doffen

Thinking of getting one mostly for Xbox fitness.
A couple of questions though. Does it need gold to work? Also, any idea if it's region locked to the US?

Unlimited access is yours for free with an Xbox Live Gold membership for a limited time. Only on Xbox One.*

*Xbox Fitness coming Holiday 2013. Starting January 2015, unlimited access requires a paid Xbox Fitness Pass subscription and an Xbox Live Gold membership (both sold separately).

So 1 year with free Fitness if you've got Gold.
Don't know about region tho.

FordGTGuy

Banned
I'll probably stick with the US region just to make sure since the game library is much bigger as well.

You will need a credit card with a US billing address or a prepaid card bought in America in order to use the US marketplace to purchase stuff.

Time for bed, if you guys have anymore questions just send me a PM.(I don't have a Xbox One I just know too much about that damn thing.)

Kerrinck

You will need a credit card with a US billing address or a prepaid card bought in America in order to use the US marketplace to purchase stuff.

Thanks, I usually get these through Amazon/Ebay. My only fear was region locking through IP but hopefully that doesn't seem to be the case.

fritolay

I would like to hook up DirecTV to the XBOX One. However, anyone else worried about keeping your new system on all he time to watch TV?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Just a reminder that amazon will have these for sale again in an hour and a half to anyone who still wants a preorder.

Doffen

Xbox UK is getting ready for launch:

1397513_10151800163641344_1867803887_o.jpg

914084_10151800163646344_2126135864_o.jpg

921307_10151800163656344_1214180033_o.jpg

Ilaylowfoshow

Neo Member
The gamespot stream was pretty bad......You would have thought that they would have had knowledge of what the commands were before going live and messing up damn near every command they tried LOL

Hoo-doo

Banned
The gamespot stream was pretty bad......You would have thought that they would have had knowledge of what the commands were before going live and messing up damn near every command they tried LOL

Imagine the average consumer trying to get that shit to work. It'd be hilarious to watch.

I'd like to recommend a title change for this thread. The Resolution is fine, but the voice commands are not.

Seeing that IGN demo was rather brutal.

slash3584

In two weeks im moving to France and I plan to buy an xbox there, quick questions:

Would I be able to put my Xbox One in english (selecting USA as my country) and buy xbox line gift cards online codes on some online shop to buy from the marketplace?

What would happen with Xbox Live cards? Would I have to buy USA cards or can I use the European ones?

enewtabie

So I'm kicking myself for not preordering one when I got my PS4. Will any online site have units available before the end of the year? I'm ok with buying a bundle if I need to,but I would like to get just the Xbox 1 if possible.

Neifirst

So I'm kicking myself for not preordering one when I got my PS4. Will any online site have units available before the end of the year? I'm ok with buying a bundle if I need to,but I would like to get just the Xbox 1 if possible.

Amazon.com in about 45 minutes.

Top Bottom