• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Mononoke

Banned
Yeah, they must be shipping them out now because now I only have the option to request a cancellation. An hour ago, I was fully able to cancel the order.

I have a feeling Amazon accidentally sold more than they had this morning. So those with the a 26th or greater shipping are in limbo. Amazon won't admit it, or tell us this mistake happened. So they are going to figure out what to do with our orders.

That's just my guess. But it's also why I'm going back and forth on it. I might just cancel now, and just try to get on in person on Friday. Fuck.

LowerLevel

You don't answer any of my questions, you quote me incorrectly and your snide remark means nothing. If this is not trolling then I don't know what is. Trolling is banable offence, yes?

Seriously, don't bother. Like others have done (myself included), just ignore him. He has some serious "Fox News" style agenda going on and has to try to put it in your face. Can't do that if he's on ignore...

Chitown B

Don't feed the troll.

Ryse sounds amazing, can't wait to play it. Alas that'll be december. Too many games before that!

I think that if you like that style (God of War / Gladiator) then it's a good game for you. I saw it at the X1 event (didn't play it) and it looked great. However it would bore me. Just personal preference.

I've cancelled my pre-order. Thanks netBuff, I'm glad you popped in and set me straight.

I've not cancelled my pre-order. 1 MORE SLEEP!

Btw the store recommends games for u based on your tastes. Doesn't make too much sense. It's recommending crimson dragon for me based on deus ex and mass effect 3 lol

ido

So I ordered Day One editions of Ryse and Dead Rising 3.

I'm more hype about Friday than I was last Friday. Xbone really does have a better launch lineup, as far as exclusives are concerned.

I'm just hoping I end up getting the Day One edition Xbone. I'm picking mine up from a random little shop inside of a hospital, and it's all first come shit. Is there any possible way that they will be getting Day One consoles?

Wereroku

Btw the store recommends games for u based on your tastes. Doesn't make too much sense. It's recommending crimson dragon for me based on deus ex and mass effect 3 lol

Hey Phat how many apps did they end up getting ready compared to the list they put out? One of my friends was wondering what they will have day one and I haven't seen any outlet put a list up.

To be fair, Crimson Dragon is probably the most Deus Ex/Mass Effect 3 type game there is available currently on the Xbox One.

Lee

I have a feeling Amazon accidentally sold more than they had this morning. So those with the a 26th or greater shipping are in limbo. Amazon won't admit it, or tell us this mistake happened. So they are going to figure out what to do with our orders.

That's just my guess. But it's also why I'm going back and forth on it. I might just cancel now, and just try to get on in person on Friday. Fuck.

Shoot. You might be right. I talked the three reps and none were able to help. One bumped me from two day delivery (26th) to one day (25th) for free, but that doesn't really help as I'd love to get it Friday and I have Amazon Prime.

Oh well, worst case scenario is they bump this order, I go on chat, and I end up with some promotional credit to lower the price a bit.

If you can put it on a credit card, and it won't kill you to have that $500 charge on your account until this all gets sorted out, it might be worth holding on to your order in the event they do drop the ball and there is some free promotional credit in the wings.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
packaging for Xbox Employees. (from David Ellis)

BZhxfzHCYAAYlt1.jpg

why two boxes?

Well, looks like I'm back to waiting in line for launch. Amazon was a fuckin disaster. Got my pre-order in this morning. For some reason my estimated delivery date is showing November 25th. After a lot of back and forth with various reps, they are now claiming my Day One edition (which shows up on my invoice) is wrong, and that I have a standard edition.

lol

Probably going to cancel before they charge me, and just go hunting in person. Godamnit.
They changed my delivery date too. I argued with them and they changed it to one day shipping and waived all shipping fees. They didn't say anything about it being standard though.

Edit: for clarification my delivery date is November 22 again. Now I'm worried

So, Fifa 14 and Battlefield 4 sent! But after issues with my card (Bank were being stupid useless dicks) Ryse/Dead Rising 3 haven't been processed yet by GAME. Zoo Tycoon seems to be doing nothing with Shopto >.<

MCD

@Phat Michael

Was the cboat bit about changing region on the fly true?

Only thing I'm dying someone to confirm.

Some of the news is really hitting me hard. First twitch streaming, then this odd storage management stuff, and now optical audio confusion (yes my receiver is old).

operon

Phat can you try the xbox one fitness for the gaffer earlier on who was wanting to find out more before committing himself to the one

Southside Jim

Neo Member
I'm a grown man with two kids and a mortgage but I feel like a ten year-old on Christmas Eve with about three pounds of Cocoa Puffs in his system. 48 hours to go!

@Phat Michael

Was the cboat bit about changing region on the fly true?

Only thing I'm dying someone to confirm.
Dunno. I chose USA. Works fine. Chose UAE as my time zone. Not gonna dick around with it too much.

Killer instinct 60%installed. Oh baby.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Phat Michael, thanks for taking time out from playing with your new toy to post impressions!

Top Bottom