• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Phat can you try the xbox one fitness for the gaffer earlier on who was wanting to find out more before committing himself to the one
What is that and where is it?

Edit. Got it its free. Just said xbox Bing then fitness. It shows up. It's in the queue

iV1bdlb.jpg

wotta

Hi Guys,

This may be worth a new thread (I can't post one) but the Xbox ONE LIVE Store Prices have been revealed.

I've post this story on ShopTo/News but obviously the ShopTo are blocked so I'll quote below.

The prices for launch titles on the Xbox One have been revealed. We have no idea if this was already known or not, but it certainly wasn't to us.

Anyway, a user on AVForums posted up photographic proof of the prices, along with some pictures of his Xbox One, which is nice.

We have no idea how he got his Xbox One early (it looks like it's the Forza Bundle) but he's pretty lucky in any case.

So what are the prices of the digital launch titles then?

Xbox LIVE Store prices

Crimson dragon - £15.99
Ki ultra - £31.99 - single character 3.99
Power star golf - £15.99
Zoo tycoon - £49.99
Loco cycle - £15.99
Zumba fitness - unavailable - 24gb
Assassins creed IV - £54.99
Angry Bird: Star Wars - £35.19
Madden - £54.99
Just Dance - 39.99
Fighter Within - £49.99
Battlefield 4 - £54.99
Need for Speed - £54.99
Dead Rising 3 - £44.99 - Day one Premium edition (with DLC) - £64.99
EA NBA - £54.99
COD Ghosts - Unknown (Listed as £9.99 due to digital version being bought already via Xbox 360)

So there we go. There doesn't seem to be much difference between Shop prices and Digital prices at the moment. Perhaps the most interesting part is that Powerstar Golf, Crimson Dragon and Loco Cycle are listed for £15.99.

Do these seem like fair prices to you?

Edited On 20 Nov, 2013

Mononoke

Banned
They changed my delivery date too. I argued with them and they changed it to one day shipping and waived all shipping fees. They didn't say anything about it being standard though.

Edit: for clarification my delivery date is November 22 again. Now I'm worried

Yeah. My delivery date has always said November 25th. I've talked to 4 reps now even by the phone, and none of then have helped. My invoice says it's Day One edition. And yet it's almost as if in the system it isn't as it's not flagging the shipment correctly and reps can't explain why. So frustrating.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
ehrmahgawd. The surface material on the white controller is made of alien magik. It's frost colored, rather than ivory and it's grippy. In the same way the black console is more black than it feasibly can be, the white one is whiter than a Tea Party hot tub party.

£55 for Battlefield? Ouch. Was going to grab that digitally as I can get £50 vouchers for just over £40, but I think I'll just grab the disc version for now. £15.99 for Crimson Dragon and Powerstar are nice, was expecting £20 for those

MCD

ehrmahgawd. The surface material on the white controller is made of alien magik. It's frost colored, rather than ivory and it's grippy. In the same way the black console is more black than it feasibly can be, the white one is whiter than a Tea Party hot tub party.

It's Liquid Black, sir.

Dueck

Banned
Anyone else insanely happy to hear that Polygon has played a week and a half on a single Xbox One controller charge(and it's still going) with the Kinect + controller standby mode?

I figured MS wouldn't let another hardware failure launch occur, but I'm still at ease over this.

Yeah. My delivery date has always said November 25th. I've talked to 4 reps now even by the phone, and none of then have helped. My invoice says it's Day One edition. And yet it's almost as if in the system it isn't as it's not flagging the shipment correctly and reps can't explain why. So frustrating.
That sucks, dude. Keep us updated please.

Dueck

Banned
As much as midnight launches can be a lot of standing around, the store I'm going to has a little under 50 Day One pre-orders and no extra units for walk-ins. It should be fairly chill, and I can avoid the anxiety of the postal system.

Chitown B

No idea. Haven't seen anything. Getting used to the UI.

Don't like the bumper buttons at all, they suck. To stiff and difficult to use for some reason.

I am not sure about screen capping. I know it doesn't share direct to any social networks but shares to Skydrive. There may be a screenshot function but I doubt it since that would need a single button like the PS4 has. I'd imagine you may be able to screen cap from a video - or at least you can screen shot on your PC after grabbing the video from Skydrive, then do whatever you want with it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Hi Guys,

This may be worth a new thread (I can't post one) but the Xbox ONE LIVE Store Prices have been revealed.

I've post this story on ShopTo/News but obviously the ShopTo are blocked so I'll quote below.

£54.99 for EA games. Sigh.

There are now hundreds of Xbox ones out in the wild. I just saw ieb employees get their special ones as I got a cup of coffee. The look of satisfaction is quite pleasing. Best part of working at MS.

I wish I had mine today. I am so glad to see the majority of the reviews sound so positive. MS really seems like they killed it with the XB1. I am so jealous of the people that have one already.

This is the best shit ever. So much fun instantly and it looks and sounds awesome. Combo breakers are cool. Need an arcade stick tho. Dpad is surprisingly easy to use. Haven't fucked up a special move yet.

Sydle

Hmmm, I'll need to verify in person. I'll PM you my address.

@Phat Michael .... Do you by chance game with headphones ? I play in my office, which I use really nice headphones with a astro mixamp. I just cant fathom that the xbox one cant pass dolby digital thru optical. Thanks..

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
There are now hundreds of Xbox ones out in the wild. I just saw ieb employees get their special ones as I got a cup of coffee. The look of satisfaction is quite pleasing. Best part of working at MS.

That line was CRAZY FAST.

Gamestop, take note!

And they were real transactions, with taxes and receipts etc.

Top Bottom