• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One price cut to £399 in the UK, includes free copy of Titanfall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freki

He said it's not ready yet (it's March update after all) and Titanfall are using their own chat party solution. Anyway I think CBOAt is underestimating xbox team just like what happened in that "ass storm" talk, they should be able to fix it by March.

They have 2 weeks.

As someone else said earlier, CBOAT, can you give us any details on the performance of the 360 version? I'm excited for it, but there hasn't been any info on it.

Also, glad to know that your are indeed alive.

RayMaker

Banned
Yep, especially given many of us have played the beta and seen the real world performance, I couldn't see why they would cut back both resolution and texture quality. One or the other perhaps.

Also Respawn guy on GAF has taken a ban bet about textures.

what thread was that in ?

--------

answered, thanks gavin

He said it's not ready yet (it's March update after all) and Titanfall are using their own chat party solution. Anyway I think CBOAt is underestimating xbox team just like what happened in that "ass storm" talk, they should be able to fix it by March.

Wouldn't surprise me if the XB team makes it. Although if they had discussed a proprietary party chat system for TF it would have to be prepared before hand

Forced? lol the X1 is selling badly is it?

I know UK has always paid more for electronics but $499 is £299, Uk is still at £399 far higher. The MS UK marketing guy said they are trying to offer the best value for UK. £429 always seemed like an odd number to price at,shaving the £30 off seems more because they can rather because they have to.

£30 and packing in a game.

Do you think if it was selling well they'd cut the price at all? As I have said, it's a completely reactionary move, the same moves Microsoft have made since the initial reveal and to do it so close to their big game definitely shows a lack of confidence. Companies don't cut prices because they can.

Isn't Microsoft fixing Party Chat a few days before Titanfall launches?

God damn if Titanfall uses it's own system... Microsoft really is doing whatever they need to keep Respawn and EA happy... damn. I bet not even 343 gets this kind of special treatment with Halo.

It's own is probably temporary if they dont get certain things fixed. I read a rumor that it will take longer to get the universal style party to work. Maybe the fall.

Freki

I don't recall Respawn saying anything about the games res for release. Seperate party system is dumb tho lol.

When asked what the native resolution of Titanfall Beta is/will be on the Xbox One, Abbie Heppe, Community Manager at Respawn confirmed the Titanfall Beta runs at native ’792p’ resolution, an increase from the previously rumoured 720p.

Abbie went on to say that the resolution will increase as the team edge closer towards a final build of Titanfall, and could potentially be in the region of 900p native resolution once complete.
source

Chobel

I don't recall Respawn saying anything about the games res for release. Seperate party system is dumb tho lol.

They said it's 792p in beta and should be higher in final build, "around 900p" that what they said

EDIT: beaten by 72 pixels of replies.

EvB

Wouldn't surprise me if the XB team makes it. Although if they had discussed a proprietary party chat system for TF it would have to be prepared before hand

And people are neglecting the fact that the current party chat system worked on both the alpha and beta.

The notion that the dashboard is so broken that they physically can't get Titanfall to work is am odd one, because if would reach out to every existing game that has already been released.

Maybe cboat is just trolling, he didn't state anything after all, lots of nice ? Give him a good get out.

We don't do ban bets unless they're hockey related because DUH.

I feel like I should understand why that is. Why are ban bets allowed for hockey topics?

And people are neglecting the fact that the current party chat system worked on both the alpha and beta.

The notion that the dashboard is so broken that they physically can't get Titanfall to work is am odd one, because if would reach out to every existing game that has already been released.

Maybe cboat is just trolling, he didn't state anything after all, lots of nice ? Give him a good get out.

They want TF to be the greatest experience it can be. A better party and chat system than is on the system currently would help in that regard

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
720 as wel , 792? no.

stick in toMy gun s on alpha texture POSTi mad be4, btway
s

I can see why they would go for 720p, and it would be a good move, but I am skeptical about the textures. You know why they would want to do that? The beta had better textures after all and did not run like shit, if I am not mistaken. Why would they downgrade textures when they have so much VRAM? (Assuming they are not using the ESRAM for texturing, but even then this would be weird)

EvB

They want TF to be the greatest experience it can be. A better party and chat system than is on the system currently would help in that regard

Overall I never felt the party system was that bad, with the exception of not being able to manually send an invite and relying on the automatic notifications it worked ok in my experience.

I know UK has always paid more for electronics but $499 is £299, Uk is still at £399 far higher. The MS UK marketing guy said they are trying to offer the best value for UK. £429 always seemed like an odd number to price at,shaving the £30 off seems more because they can rather because they have to.

You can't convert currency like that when we're talking about a physical item. You have a 20% VAT that you need to add to the price and distributors will be taking their cut as well. The PS4 is more expensive in there than the US too.

Nobody is saying that, at least for now. It's just that the Xbone doesn't exist in a vacuum and is not supply constrained. Ratios between Xbone and PS4 have not been kind to Microsoft, especially in the UK and in medium to long term that can greatly influence what becomes the platform of choice as word of mouth and perception do their part. If sales keep the way they are or start to decline we can seriously have another PS2/Xbox situation. Maybe not with 150m/22m but still with a very sizeable difference all the same.

Doc Evils

I can see why they would go for 720p, and it would be a good move, but I am skeptical about the textures. You know why they would want to do that? The beta had better textures after all and did not run like shit, if I am not mistaken. Why would they downgrade textures when they have so much VRAM? (Assuming they are not using the ESRAM for texturing, but even then this would be weird)

Somethings up behind the scenes thats for sure.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
People did complain about tearing. On the PC I also had it and nothing in the settings changed tearing for me.

But yeah the texture stuff never made sense to me.

Overall I never felt the party system was that bad, with the exception of not being able to manually send an invite and relying on the automatic notifications it worked ok in my experience.

My point was simply that an ok or acceptable party system is not what MS wants with perhaps their most important MP game they're rolling out. They want that system to work flawlessly, seamlessly. They want to have the best MP experience out there and right now the 360 offers a better party system

RayMaker

Banned
£30 and packing in a game.

Do you think if it was selling well they'd cut the price at all? As I have said, it's a completely reactionary move, the same moves Microsoft have made since the initial reveal and to do it so close to their big game definitely shows a lack of confidence. Companies don't cut prices because they can.

Yeah now your talking sense, its strategic move to close the gap or in MS wildest dreams overtake the PS4, but thats different to MS BEING ''FORCED'' like your said.

Microsoft are doing stuff like this because they want to reach 100 mill install base not 40-60mill

Ape

Banned
720 as wel , 792? no.

stick in toMy gun s on alpha texture POSTi mad be4, btway
s

EdwardNortonClosesComputer.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom