• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sarah Bond “Every screen is an Xbox" - and greater ambitions of becoming the number one cross-platform gaming company

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Honest question:
why do so many seem to think that if Playstation does day and date releases with PC, that everyone will drop PS and get a PC?

There are still sttractive reasons to own a console, especially in Playstations case.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I just don't get the hatred for Gamepass at all. It's just an option. All those games in the service are available to purchase as they all ways have been.
Gamepass had it's place as an option, but MS made it far more important than it should have been and they're paying for it.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Gamepass had it's place as an option, but MS made it far more important than it should have been and they're paying for it.
It's also because there are a lot of us that saw through their BS and knew what they wanted the end game to be. And they still do want that endgame. Don't dislike the service, dislike what they tried or are trying to do to the entire industry with their bottomless wallets. Devalue it enough where everything has to go through them to survive.

Last edited:

NickFire

There's gonna be a lot of memes and jokes that I laugh at today no matter what is announced. And I will always believes that Phil would have tried taking a shot at console market share leader had they been able to purchase COD and make it exclusive by next year. But these rumored every screen comments have me wondering if everything is going in accordance with the CEO's plan A.

Xbox console owners might take one on the chin today if they end up with the only console that can't play every game. MS will not be however. They only stand to gain, and MS is no stranger to shedding underperforming segments for greater profits. This is just Thursday for them.

Nydius

I just don't get the hatred for Gamepass at all. It's just an option. All those games in the service are available to purchase as they all ways have been.
“Hatred” is overstating it. Pointing out market realities isn’t hating.

The problem with Game Pass is Microsoft’s insistence on including first party games on the service at launch. This has fostered an attitude of “not buying until Game Pass” among the Xbox brand faithful.

Many people pointed out this would end up happening but they got shouted down as haters and/or console warriors. Yet here we are. Xbox software sales are dismal and Game Pass subs have seemingly plateaued.

I think is common knowledge that for Sony multiplatform means PS/PC. But suuure, same thing...

Well, given that Xbox already does PC releases day and date, Sony was the only place they had to go that made sense. Everyone will need to go multi platform with the rising costs of development.

Last edited:

Shakka43

Well, given that Xbox already does PC releases day and date, Sony was the only place they had to go that made sense. Everyone will need to go multi platform with the rising costs of development.
Impressive how you guys are already acclimating to the idea of Xbox becoming third party. No wonder Phil keeps getting raises instead of demotions, his fandom will back him up to the Xbox graveyard.

Kumomeme

with all the jokes aside, im surpise they didnt even try to push Kinect at every home.

that thing could be a very usefull everyday tech in home or work place. make it can pair and synchronize with device like Alexa or Siri whatever is out there. with VR gear, people doesnt event need additional controllers.

well i guess that things is 'dead'. until some company bring back as newer trend again.

Top Bottom