• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sarah Bond “Every screen is an Xbox" - and greater ambitions of becoming the number one cross-platform gaming company

Bernoulli

M2 slut
Ahead of Xbox briefing, Microsoft lead reportedly told staff "every screen is an Xbox" and stressed ambitions to be the number one cross-platform gaming company

“Every screen is an Xbox,” Bond said in the internal meeting, according to multiple sources who requested anonymity as they were not authorized to speak to media. Sarah spoke extensively about Xbox’s strategy of existing on multiple kinds of devices and greater ambitions of becoming the number one cross-platform gaming company.

Phil confirmed to employees there would be “future hardware” from Xbox and added that it would be safe to assume another Call of Duty was coming this fall. He addressed the company’s recent job cuts and said that it had been a hard decision to stop things that weren’t working.

This isn’t the first time Xbox has shared its multi-device strategy. In 2020, Jason Ronald told me that Xbox is “not trying to force the player to upgrade to an individual device or to make things exclusive to this device or that device.”

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

“Every screen is an Xbox,” Bond said in the internal meeting, according to multiple sources who requested anonymity as they were not authorized to speak to media. Sarah spoke extensively about Xbox’s strategy of existing on multiple kinds of devices and greater ambitions of becoming the number one cross-platform gaming company.

Phil confirmed to employees there would be “future hardware” from Xbox and added that it would be safe to assume another Call of Duty was coming this fall. He addressed the company’s recent job cuts and said that it had been a hard decision to stop things that weren’t working.

This isn’t the first time Xbox has shared its multi-device strategy. In 2020, Jason Ronald told me that Xbox is “not trying to force the player to upgrade to an individual device or to make things exclusive to this device or that device.”

Mr Hyde

When I boot up my PS5 tomorrow

Star Wars Force GIF by Xbox

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Remember how people used to call video games at one time 'Nintendo,' even if it was not a Nintendo system, they want that notoriety so damned bad. And will cringe PR speak it ad nauseum.

Just because you say, "eVeRy sCrEeN iS xBoX," doesn't make it so.

Last edited:

Dorfdad

Gold Member
So now I'm wondering if what is actually going to happen is that Microsoft has struck a deal with Nintendo and Sony for XCLOUD games on these platforms.
There is no way sea of thieves and more modern titles are going to work on switch natively. Maybe switch 2 but Im thinking they can offer all these XBOX games to Sony and Switch players via Cloud easily. Offer Nintendo and Sony a % for the games and now they have a new install base for all their IP's

Top Bottom