• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

xbox one took The top-selling console spot For july in the US a.k.a the world

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
I contributed. Snagged a fantastic deal on the Microsoft Store to play Overwatch with friends, don't care about the S or Scorpio ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I think I saw one bundle for $229 with the console, 5-6 games, a second controller, and soem store credit.

Not really shocking that they sold a few units while Sony is stuck in a "wait for Neo" situation.

That said, happy more people are buying consoles. The XB1 is a great box at that price!

You do realise a new Xbox is coming out next year also. Lots of GAF people said Xbox would sell much worse.

I expect it to get better especially with how the price is dropping for Xbox one.

Arklite

The bundles had to work eventually. I think even the Elite bundles with the expensive ass controller are going for $350.

They killed it this month with bundles and discounts. Glad it paid off for them.

Next month should also be a win because of the new hardware. We'll see in the coming months how competitive it is and whether Sony does anything to counter the obviously attractive deals MS has been putting out.

You do realise a new Xbox is coming out next year also. Lots of GAF people said Xbox would sell much worse.

I expect it to get better especially with how the price is dropping for Xbox one.

I think there is a difference between a system that is coming out in over a year to one that people think ia coming out in 2-3 months.

Also, should be alarming that every system was down yoy?

Purest 78

10k difference with free games,Controllers, and gift cards Price as low as $250. That's absolutely abysmal I expected a much larger Margin.

They killed it this month with bundles and discounts. Glad it paid off for them.

Next month should also be a win because of the new hardware. We'll see in the coming months how competitive it is and whether Sony does anything to counter the obviously attractive deals MS has been putting out.

While I certainly do think that a PS4 price drop is coming...

I don't think Sony is sweating a 10k month loss. It was a month where the price was $249 for XB1 versus $349 for PS4.

A $100 gap in price resulted in a 10k difference.

statham

Did Sony ever state that they would no longer be talking about sales instead, they'd mention some other wacko metric and then all of a sudden to their convenience have a change of heart?, because i sure as hell don't remember that ever happening.

MUA isn't a wacko metric, and MS never actually said the sales, just they beat Sony.

edit: TIL about pixelation., and took steps to correct this.

While I certainly do think that a PS4 price drop is coming...

I don't think Sony is sweating a 10k month loss. It was a month where the price was $249 for XB1 versus $349 for PS4.

A $100 gap in price resulted in a 10k difference.

I think we will see the ps4 go to $299 and the Neo at $399

Arklite

10k difference with free games,Controllers, and gift cards Price as low as $250. That's absolutely abysmal I expected a much larger Margin.

Momentum is a killer that's helped sell PS4s and hurt Xbox traction. Xbox has had bigger, better, and more frequent deals for the past two years, they should own NA but they don't. It's all word of mouth and what everyone sees everyone else buying.

Momentum is a killer that's helped sell PS4s and hurt Xbox traction. Xbox has had bigger, better, and more frequent deals for the past two years, they should own NA but they don't. It's all word of mouth and what everyone sees everyone else buying.

This. Again, you can get an xb1 with a game for $230 right now.

Megatron

Down YOY and from the previous month even with those bundles. MS should be worried, they should have sold a lot more.

The month before they debuted a new console and they should have sold MORE? Are you high? Winning the month like this is really impressive. They will probably win next month too thanks to all the people buying the s.

Sony is still easily in first place, if that's your concern. It's like people can't stand the narrative that both consoles are doing well.

Purest 78

In July MS had black Friday type deals for X1. I honestly thought the gap would be no smaller than 75k at minimum.

EmiPrime

The month before they debuted a new console and they should have sold MORE? Are you high? Winning the month like this is really impressive. They will probably win next month too thanks to all the people buying the s.

Sony is still easily in first place, if that's your concern. It's like people can't stand the narrative that both consoles are doing well.

I bought an Xbox One recently because of the price had been slashed in the UK. Nobody except 4K cinema enthusiasts were waiting for the S as you could get the old model bundled with games for £180-220.

No need to be so defensive.

Just blew $400 on an S, totally worth it. Now to find a descent 4K panel.

Edit: will the S work with a 4K monitor?

It doesn't play games at 4K natively; just uses an upscaler. Your TV will upscale the video already. It it, however, capable of outputting 4K video such as 4K blu-rays.

Sadly no. It's not my favorite console but man people just seem to love to shit on it whenever they can.

Believe it or not, there are still people who still shit on X1 because of the terrible reveal. Just petty shit imo.

It doesn't play games at 4K natively; just uses an upscaler. Your TV will upscale the video already. It it, however, capable of outputting 4K video such as 4K blu-rays.

Believe it or not, there are still people who still shit on X1 because of the terrible reveal. Just petty shit imo.

For sure, definitely interested in the 4K blu-ray playback. My "monitor" is fairly huge and would definitely not mind being able to play 4K movies on it as a stopgap until I can get a new TV.

You bet, one of the reasons i don't like the XB brand. They are the biggest hypocrites out there.

Exactly #4theplayers.

Except when it comes to backwards compatibility.

And EA Access.

And console exclusive DLC.

And timed exclusives.

And console cross play.

Or maybe all companies are full of it.

Top Bottom