• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X - Available November 7 for $499

Permanently A

d07.png

Praise be

LQX

Was waiting on the XB1X price before committing to my pre-orders and now I know to pre-order all my games on the PS4/PC. Nothing they showed screamed pay $500 for a new console.

paskowitz

Gotta say, Sony played this gen masterfully. I'm sure the 1 X will do well, but it definitely won't be enough to catch Sony.

Zophar

The conference proves this thing only exists because MS couldn't stand having the stigma of the "weaker" console. They showed off *nothing* to take advantage of this machine despite the year of hype. MS continues to have no vision. $499 just seals the deal.

RyanW

I'll probably still end up getting it. I need a new Xbox with a working disc drive and I might as well go big. It may end up going on my christmas list though.

Crap conference and 499. Great job MS that is why you don't talk trash if you're not able to back it up. DOA lol sad conference.

lol

NolbertoS

Well, it seems MS is slowly leaving the console hardware market. $499 is more of an upper PC gamer, but will fail the casual market appeal. Oh well, Nintendo vs Sony for hardware wars it is then.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
He said the price so fast, no PowerPoint...

Yea, he knows it will be critized.

499 just seemed more realistic the more we all talked about it.

Opa-Pa

Well, there it is. Kinda shocked that people seriously thought Geoff was full of it and this was gonna be less than 499 lol, like how?

Kinda worrying still because I can't see this selling very well in Europe or Latin America at all.

Kibbles

They didn't show shit that really takes full potential of the system, terrible job at selling this, extremely disappointing.

The size is impressive though.

Top Bottom