• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X - Available November 7 for $499

Mesonak

It is expensive, but with the specs, this makes sense, doesn't it? They've been billing this thing as a premium console from word-go. It eclipses the PS4 Pro in specs, ergo it is logical that it would cost more.

It will be a tough sell getting this to resonate with consumers, though.

Xbox One X - Powered by HTC
Four-Hundred and Ninety-Nine US Dollars

I don't really know why MS thinks they can consistently price $100 over Sony and think they'll sell anything.

Welp, Sony just breathed a huge sigh of relief. And no mention of HDD size? That's not good.

It is expensive, but with the specs, this makes sense, doesn't it? They've been billing this thing as a premium console from word-go. It eclipses the PS4 Pro in specs, ergo it is logical that it would cost more.

It will be a tough sell getting this to resonate with consumers, though.

It has a slightly faster CPU and more RAM...not worth $100 more in my opinion.

Crom

Such a dumb name.

Didn;t they learn anything from the confusion around the Wii U?

Xbox One X. That isn;t going to confuse parents at all.....

Not to mention that X and S sound similar

brawly

pouring-out-liquor.gif

You may as well have called $99+.

Edited my post with this:

As I've said for the past several months, this has to be $499 or higher. I don't get how so many people think this thing will simultaneously be considerably more powerful than the PS4 Pro, and be a similar price. The Xbox division doesn't have a history of making Microsoft loads of money like PlayStation does for Sony. Selling a new high-powered system that appeals to premium gamers at a loss would be an absolutely dumb decision.

MADGAME

Not worth it for me right now at $499. They're going to need to do some serious proving regarding games, and based what I'm seeing in the conference they have a long way to go in the quality department.

Brofield

$599 Canadian?

glhf Phil, I know my friend was sold on the get go but fuck if that isn't tough to sell to everyone else in Canada

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ah good, thank god Geoff wont be arrested now for that FAKE NEWS

Griss

It's too much based on what they've shown. They've had minimal games that look like they're pushing the hardware... third parties haven't lined up to say that their games will look and play best on Scorpio either, which they needed.

PS4 Pro with Horizon as a graphical showcase in 4k = 400 dollars.
Xbox One X with Metro and Forza as graphical showcases in 4k = 500 dollars.

PS4 has the prettier game at 100 dollars less, plus all the exclusives... MS is giving it a good effort here but they're in trouble.

Lanrutcon

I think most of us are confident at this point that this is a bait and switch leak. The pricing is way off and it would make the console DOA.

No way they are going with 499 no way

Lol no chance Geoff.
It's $399 or dead in the water and MS know that.

LOL.

It will be 399. It has to be.

Anything higher is suicide. They are already selling the XB1 BUNDLED WITH A GAME for 250.

The Scorpio hardware doesnt sound that expensive unless they are gonna announce a surprise hardware change here

Keighley getting played like a fiddle.

Geoff your lying to me it can't be that expensive.

I'm on team Don't Believe

Really random he would throw this out there (especially with the "unless something changes today) Seems like setting up for the megaton of matching the price of the competitor's worse device

nah, it's just a smokescreen for 399

I'm calling it, it's going to be $399.

This is such an obvious bait and switch. Why would a professional like Keighley reveal the price before MS themselves? This is viral marketing and Geoff is in on it. They will reveal a lower one in the conference.

it's set to compete against the pro. it will be 399

Me neither.

As tone deaf as they can be, anything more doesn't make a goddamned ounce of sense.

This is definitely a bait and switch thing.

It will be 399.

I do not believe MS will price themselves out of the marketplace by going with 499.

I fully expect 399 and for MS to eat the loss, 499 rumors are just a dodge to get people super excited for the bait and switch

Its going to be 399

when was the last time geoff leaked anything? i would be shocked if this isn't a set up for a big reveal

#team399

I'm gonna go on record it won't be 499.

We'll see tho...

From the Legendary thread

marrec

Banned
At 499 the question is, who is this for?

Ain't going to be pretty come November. They aren't going to make up lost ground that way.

kmax

Geoff knows his shit.

Dead on sources. I could sense that they were shook at the beginning of the press conference.

ascii42

I expected. I'll get one, since I don't have an Xbox One. But I won't get it at launch, and possibly not until I buy a 4K TV.

Top Bottom