• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One/Xbox App March OS Update announced (360 BC store etc)

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Yes! Game chat through headset and TV at the same time. Thank you Microsoft, just in time for The Division.

U2NUMB

Loving many of these updates .. as an achievement whore having it right in the guide is AMAZING.. no more snapping... Love it!

Finally the 360 store on X1! I really think we will see more BC games coming now that publishers can more easily sell them to people without having to jump through hoops.

malfcn

That chat server keeps getting bigger.

Sounds like more solid upgrades.
Just want a little more stability. I always run across a quirk or two.

RavenH2

I'm wondering, since GwG are BC they'll be available to download from the Xbox One (without going throug an Xbox 360 or xbox.com). Will it be so for Deals of the Week? I might be case dependant, since not al DotW are for BC games. Or the might not be the case at all.

Has anyone heard anything about this?

JaggedSac

From Mike Ybarra's tweet, this is actually April's update, that will be in Preview throughout March.

https://twitter.com/XboxQwik/status/704689335098970112

So, this means that they are breaking the streak of Monthly updates for the first time in almost 2 years.

Think he may have mispoke. The blog mentions this month.

This month’s update is all about our continued commitment to listen to all of you and transform the Xbox experience based on your feedback.

I'm gonna be honest, I really enjoyed the Achievement leaderboard when we had it and was pretty bummed that it was removed. I'm glad it's back.

haimon

I'll be honest here, if they ain't stabilizing, they ain't trying.
Hehe. I can't wait for this update. Ms are really doing great work as far as updates are going.

Yoday

Achievements in the guide is exactly what I wanted, and the session progress bar looks really handy for grindy achievements. Add to that X360 games in the store and the ability to change recording length. MS is just killing it with their updates!

Alx

Loving many of these updates .. as an achievement whore having it right in the guide is AMAZING.. no more snapping... Love it!

I hope snapping is still there... I like seeing the bars fill in real time when doing grind achievements.

Bliddo

Can't wait to compare my avatar with someone else's.

And yet, having the italian (or whatever non-english speaking country) store and the system language set to english at the same time remains impossible.

mcrommert

Banned
Acording to a quick sentence on gameinformer's article about this, windows mobile 10 will finally support party chat...hopefully they are correct (no other confirmation) as i have been waiting for this since they first put party chat on 360

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Gotta buy reach gotta buy reach gotta buy reach gotta buy reach

Zedox

Acording to a quick sentence on gameinformer's article about this, windows mobile 10 will finally support party chat...hopefully they are correct (no other confirmation) as i have been waiting for this since they first put party chat on 360

Yes! Party chat on the phone. I still don't see why Party chat and messaging is apart of Skype. I've been saying this for years, MS needs to leverage their shit. Ain't no reason why I can't have video on top of my broadcast with faces of all my friends while i'm broadcasting. That, to me, would be awesome.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Nice update. Most of my friends no longer have a 360 so this will make life easier instead of using a web browser.

A 16 person party chat? Holy cow, how is that even manageable to decide who is talking next?

When I played games like Planetside, there were sometimes voice groups of over 50 people in a call.

Obviously it's not something you'd use all the time, but there are situations it's helpful.
For example, Halo 5 Warzone is 12 players on a team.

Haven't received the update yet (last check was a couple of hours ago) but I love all of these additions! Backwards compatibility and achievemwnts are high on my list. Now just hoping they add some "add to wishlist" and or "notify of sale" type features to the store.

Top Bottom