• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One/Xbox App March OS Update announced (360 BC store etc)

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Got the update. Working fine, achievements in the guide work so much faster than snap.

Also not sure if it was in the previous update but you can move pins quicker with the push of Y rather than needing to hit the Show Menu button then choosing Move.

jond76

Banned
Got the update. Working fine, achievements in the guide work so much faster than snap.

Also not sure if it was in the previous update but you can move pins quicker with the push of Y rather than needing to hit the Show Menu button then choosing Move.

That was already there.

Leflus

I'm so glad they're finally adding achievements to the guide. Snapping the achievement app was a wonky solution imo.

Now they just need to make achievements unlockable offline. I know that they unlock as soon as you go online again, but it just doesn't feel right.

RavenH2

Does anyone know if the 360 BC Store in the One will be region free?

I've just downloaded the update and I have access to the new achievements tab, but I can't find the Xbox 360 BC games on the store. Odd!

It says "**Coming Soon**" in the notes, so I guess it will be coming soon?

LUXURY

I don't see this as a big deal either. I guess the BC Store is nice. I just hope a title I really want is announced soon. Also, who wants to be in a party with 16 people? That's too much over a game console for me. I get annoyed with more than six. All the noise and commotion.

I suppose I'll ask here since the old thread seems to be dead, if anyone can invite me to the preview program that'd be sweet.

My GT is Broken Scholar, thank you in advance to whoever can help me.

muzzymate

Simply having a message stating "Press Start plus Back from within the game" in the new Achievments section of the guide, while playing 360 games is a little meh. But otherwise, this update adds some real good enhancements. Think it's a huge boon to have backwards compatible titles purchasable directly from the X1's interface.

Alx

It was in a previous update already. The shortcuts are great btw, especially the fact that you can launch any app in full screen or snapped mode at the press of a button. Too bad I rarely have my chatpad connected.

Xumbrega

Banned
The best thing about this update:

"Press X to like"

It was a pain in the ass open the pic/video to like something in my feed.

I wonder why they didn't mention anything about this update now enabling customizable shortcuts on the Chatpad.

The actions you can choose are:
  • No action
  • Open guide
  • Take screenshot
  • Record that
  • View friends
  • See party
  • View achievements
  • Send message
  • Search
  • Launch app
    - A new menu pops up with every game and app installed to choose from
  • Snap app
  • Play or pause media
  • TV volume up
  • TV volume down
  • Mute TV

EDIT: It would be nice to be able to set X1 or X2 to open My Games and Apps.

That was in last months update.

http://majornelson.com/2016/02/18/u...s-in-a-party-gamerscore-leaderboard-and-more/

Yoday

The best thing about this update:

"Press X to like"

It was a pain in the ass open the pic/video to like something in my feed.
I noticed this too, nice little minor thing. The Achievements in guide implementation is really well done. If this is why we had to wait a few months for it then I approve.

mocoworm

I suppose I'll ask here since the old thread seems to be dead, if anyone can invite me to the preview program that'd be sweet.

My GT is Broken Scholar, thank you in advance to whoever can help me.

Add me as a friend on XBOX and I will add you when I get home from the office in about 2 hours. My GT is: mocoworm

Once I have added you, it can take up to a week to be accepted. That is if they are still accepting ppl onto the preview program.

Top Bottom