• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XboxAT fires shots at PS4 for sale in discount store

oti

Banned
In case you don't know, a bit more context:

PS4 is DESTROYING the XBO (doing better in Austria than in Germany though I think, for whatever reason). Xbox Austria has been pretty great the last few years. Great promotions, great community stuff. This tweet though, ugh.

RulkezX

So is it not common for supermarkets to sell games in Austria/Germany?

Isn't this the equivalent of laughing at say Tesco or Walmart for selling games?

cyba89

@xboxAT

j75vIc8.png

shmoglish

Isn't this the equivalent of laughing at day Tesco or Walmart for selling games?

The last time I saw a console in a supermarket/discounter was ~6 years ago (Penny market). They had a console and a few games like Skyrim and Burnout (good prices iirc). Doesn`t happen to often, just as a special.

BibiMaghoo

Isn't this the equivalent of laughing at say Tesco or Walmart for selling games?

They are a discount brand. Tesco and Walmart are not. It's like buying a PS4 in Home Bargains, and MS pointing out they are too expensive for such a store.

Wow those shots. Someone call 911 (or whatever number you use in your hill country) PS4 is bleeding like hell. Woop woop

It's alright you know, the PS4 won't have its feelings hurt or anything of that nature. It's fine, I spoke to it this morning.

In case you don't know, a bit more context:

PS4 is DESTROYING the XBO (doing better in Austria than in Germany though I think, for whatever reason). Xbox Austria has been pretty great the last few years. Great promotions, great community stuff. This tweet though, ugh.

I think everyone knows that PS4 is massively outselling XBO worldwide. Doesn't make things like this less enjoyable. People really need to lighten up.

Can't tell you about Germany, but in Poland it is sometimes considered funny/stupid to go to Tesco or something specifically to buy a game/movie/TV when, if you're in are where these have them in the first place, a specialized electronics store with better offers is probably around.

Fun fact: one Tesco around there used to carry 360 but no games. I wonder what were they thinking, hint hint.

Ughh, I find it pretty lame. But I don't know what some of you are talking about, Interspar sells games, blu rays other tech stuff. And for those haha market for the poor, has been correct few years ago, now they have bio food (same price as from other stores), fresh baked bread (which is very good in my opinion).
Overall. Good for the ps brand, new market, new customers.

Havik

`Hmm Aldi here in the netherlands only sell cheap/junk electronics normally so it is quite weird to see them a sell ps4's.

The big news here is why the hate for Aldi? I just started going here in the US last year and now I learn it's trash. What's wrong?! Somebody tell me why. Ahhhh

Well I go for food.

Goldrusher

Microsoft is pretty much advertising the PS4 here.

It's a PS4. It's the same device, no matter where you buy it.
If Hofer is the cheapest, Hofer it is.

Donos

Keep in mind that a position in the top 10 is probably worth more than #11 to #50 combined (usually).

Yes, similar like the UK charts where games under the TOP10 have really low numbers.
It's still baffling and the Xb1 has constant sales in germany/Switzerland (although the PS4 has them too for the last 3 month). X360 gained a respectable foothold in germany but it completely evaporated.

EGM1966

Given all of 'em have had consoles with cheap deals in various grocers with non food in Europe this is definately case of kettle/black.

Expected funnier dig though: that's fairly weak sauce.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I don't know about Austria but in Germany discounters (especially Aldi) has (or rather used to have) the image of being the grocery store preferred by poor/dumb people.

Actually it is quite popular amongst university students where I live ;). I don't know how big Hofer is, but if this was an Aldi offer it would be huge for Sony, definitely.

Top Bottom