• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XboxAT fires shots at PS4 for sale in discount store

I remember when they sold consoles (and other entertainment electronics like VHS) at neighbourhood food stores in Spain.

Mercadona, Consum, Caprabo, Aldi, Lidl...

I remember my mother going to buy the food at the Consum near my home, and me staying in the videogame section watching endlessly the TVs with video demos of NES and Master System games. That or the tvs showing parts of just released disney movies in VHS.

Now the only food stores that carry consoles, tvs, clothes... here are the big ones like Carrefour.

Small nighbourhood stores stopped carrying entertainment electronics after the super nes days, most of them dont carry clothes either. I think Aldi and Lidl are the only ones that do (becuase they have tv commercials talking about that, but I dont have one of those anywhere near me, as Mercadona is the King here, and for a good reason).

Radec

So we've passed Console War now.

This is now world war thread.

3AQmK.gif

In case you don't know, a bit more context:

PS4 is DESTROYING the XBO (doing better in Austria than in Germany though I think, for whatever reason). Xbox Austria has been pretty great the last few years. Great promotions, great community stuff. This tweet though, ugh.

That tweet was reeally weak, just not as weak as the Xbox One sales here.

Uhm Xbox is doing pretty good in Austria, probably better than in most European countries but the UK.

One guy says the Xbone is doing well in Austria, the other two say it's getting destroyed. Which is it?

Dunkley

Wait, Hofer is selling the PS4?

Sweet deal, can't wait for it to be sold out 10 minutes after opening the store.

Pretty weird shot by Xbox AT there by the way, I know buying at Hofer is looked down upon in regards to clothing and shit, but that's teenage crap and there's no shame in buying tech from them when they sell something good once in a decade, so not sure what Xbox is trying to pull here.

komplanen

LOL at people laughing at Aldi or what ever being the Wallmart of Germany when it's fucking Germany. They are the Aldi of Europe that is the Aldi of Earth that is the Aldi of the solar system.

Fucking aliens be like ayyy people of the Sol system lol they are the Aldi of Milky Way I don't even go there unless the Harrod's of Andromeda is closed.

Mihos

Gold Member
I recently stopped a kid getting a ps4 while at gamestop. I showed him the church of chief, told his mom how the xbox is the best place for gamers,and they ended up getting a xbox . It was soooo gratifying, almost as good as sex.

Is this the same mom that the 12 year old on Live said he was having sex with tonight?

impact

Banned
LOL at people laughing at Aldi or what ever being the Wallmart of Germany when it's fucking Germany. They are the Aldi of Europe that is the Aldi of Earth that is the Aldi of the solar system.

Fucking aliens be like ayyy people of the Sol system lol they are the Aldi of Milky Way I don't even go there unless the Harrod's of Andromeda is closed.

roight roight

mjAUT

For some reason Xbox does pretty well in Austria.

Do you have any sales numbers for our country?

In my personal experience - so this is all anecdotal evidence - PS4 is wiping the floor with XBO here. The Libro store 10 minutes away from my place still had Day 1 edition Xbones in stock - 1 year after the launch. The vast majority of people I know who own a console own a PS4.

I could be wrong tho, so hard facts would be nice.

ClearData

Lmao. The hell did I just read?

You mean 133

144 = red cross
133 = police
122 = firefighters

but actually it doesn't matter which number you call since they inform the needed department anyways

144 is an emergency triage, they further it to the various organization if needed. I'd rather have an ambulance when there were shots fired, if it's under fire then 133.

Do you have any sales numbers for our country?

In my personal experience - so this is all anecdotal evidence - PS4 is wiping the floor with XBO here. The Libro store 10 minutes away from my place still had Day 1 edition Xbones in stock - 1 year after the launch. The vast majority of people I know who own a console own a PS4.

I could be wrong tho, so hard facts would be nice.

Nah it's anecdotal for me as well (people I know it's 50/50), I was going by video game sales charts in some magazine. I'm sure the PS4 is outselling the XBO here, though Libro wouldn't be my go to source.
Where is a Mediamarkt.at clerk when you need him.

Top Bottom