• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XboxEvent.com just registered by the same company that did Xbox's E3 presentations

yeah the hype for the ps4 has been dead already except on sites like neogaf. it will pick up again after e3 surely
people these days have short attention spans. Now its all about the galaxy s4 next it will be the new ipad mini and after that the new nexus 7 etc. Sony should have known this but chose otherwise.

This new behaviour is also probably why we dont get a multiple years before release
reveals anymore. Still remembered E3 where a game got revealed in alpha then the year after it it was beta and so on. The world is just moving way to fast.

m23

Microsoft waiting until e3 would suck. Sony had a 2 hour event and we still had so many questions. There is no way Microsoft can cover everything about their new console in one event at e3. If they try to, there may be a lot of disappointed people.

Alx

Microsoft waiting until e3 would suck. Sony had a 2 hour event and we still had so many questions. There is no way Microsoft can cover everything about their new console in one event at e3. If they try to, there may be a lot of disappointed people.

Well Sony had 2 hours, but didn't really use all that time the best they could. There was a lot of talking and fake developer interviews that didn't reveal anything useful.
On the other hand, a reveal at E3 is more than the opening conference : it is followed by several days of floor show that can be used to get into details about the hardware, software and miscellaneous features.

I'd rather have some info before E3, but I don't think it would be absurd to wait until then to reveal the 720. Only frustrating for us.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Well Sony had 2 hours, but didn't really use all that time the best they could. There was a lot of talking and fake developer interviews that didn't reveal anything useful.
On the other hand, a reveal at E3 is more than the opening conference : it is followed by several days of floor show that can be used to get into details about the hardware, software and miscellaneous features.

I'd rather have some info before E3, but I don't think it would be absurd to wait until then to reveal the 720. Only frustrating for us.

You realize Sony wasn't trying to unveil everything in the. Meeting right?

True! If this were the case, Microsoft would be revealing the basics of their system since it would be the first reveal, while Sony could cover more detailed features of the PS4 since they already covered the basics months before.

Is there a date for the 720 reveal yet? I thought there was a rumor for a reveal or conference before E3.

Yes they can. Sony's conference was hastily put together and lacked any real cohesion or efficiency.

It's beginning to seem more and more likely that Sony scrambled to get their message out ahead and Microsoft is the one that has a long term plan.

Of course I do. How does it change anything to the way they used their 2 hours, and the ways MS could use their time at E3 ?

You make it sound like Sony won't have time at E3 to talk about better stuff than MS's.

As someone said, Sony covered the basics, and they can cut out the developer mumbo jumbo and focus on features and games.

Alx

You make it sound like Sony won't have time at E3 to talk about better stuff than MS's.

Er no, I was answering to Munish23 who was saying "a single conference for MS is not enough, look at Sony's 2 hours that didn't even cover everything !", to which I replied "2 hours could have covered much more things, and besides E3 offers much more than a 2 hours conference".

Dabanton

I think we'll get some sort of event before E3 but I also think Sony probably expected MS to react to their reveal a bit more rashly. The fact they haven't and have continued to work to their own schedule is interesting. You would think they would have their people briefing journos and other tech related people but nope they held firm and keep the ship airtight.

It also creates a bind for Sony they don't want to blow everything they have but they also want to keep PS4 in people's minds until E3. MS not showing anything means they can't try and counter and they don't want to spoil likely megatons they have.

MS have them in a holding pattern.

Respawn

Banned

Who are these fake developers you speak of?

R3TRODYCE

I think we'll get some sort of event before E3 but I also think Sony probably expected MS to react to their reveal a bit more rashly. The fact they haven't and have continued to work to their own schedule is interesting. You would think they would have their people briefing journos and other tech related people but nope they held firm and keep the ship airtight.

It also creates a bind for Sony they don't want to blow everything they have but they also want to keep PS4 in people's minds until E3. MS not showing anything means they can't try and counter and they don't want to spoil likely megatons they have.

MS have them in a holding pattern.
These are my feelings exactly.

Cidd

By that thinking, Sony and Microsoft should both have announced their consoles before Nintendo announced Wii U in 2011.

PS4 hype is already dying down - and limited to gaming forums like this. As I said in my post earlier - none of this will matter at all in the long-term. We don't even know if Durango is releasing this year at this stage either.

Actually at work I've heard people talking about the PS4 a lot more and almost every gaming website have a PS4 article up right now. So unless you've been offline for the past few weeks your statement is completely false.

Hana-Bi

Could the Xbox Entertainment Awards be such a xboxevent?

http://www.vg247.com/2013/03/18/xbox-entertainment-awards-announced-voting-open-to-public/

ccgnt60rkdwknxn68.jpg

m23

It's true Sony could have definitely managed the time better, it didn't have to be a two hour event at all. The thing with Microsoft is they don't usually go that long as far as I remember.

We'll see I guess, its definitely possible I guess for MS to wait for e3, however I don't think it would be a great way to introduce their new console when Sony will already be showing off their best stuff.

rdrr gnr

Not really. But okay.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
While as has been mentioned that Xbox Entertainment Awards site has no connection to xboxevent.com, I did nominate "Xbox Durango" in all categories. It will probably not show up at the finals, but still someone gets to look at it. I guess others could do the same for a potentially bigger impact.

Well, the final week before GDC has started so unless they want Sony to steal the entire "show" they better start talking soon. The sessions Microsoft hosts at GDC aren't that interesting either with Core Technologies for Windows 8 Games by Chas Boyd being the in my opinion most exciting one.

Sony's got a bunch of stuff scheduled with the most important thing being "Overview of PS4 for Developers". I suppose Microsoft could be waiting to gather even more information but at this point of time unless they want to delay Durango til next year I doubt there's much they can change in the architecture that they haven't already decided for. The memory issue is of course the big deal though, so who knows? Well, we'll now soon enough.

Alx

Fake interviews? You really are going around in circles now sir.

Fake interviews? Wtf? Can anyone verify this?

Just to make it clear before I get misunderstood again : those were fake interviews because it was promotional material. It was content made with the purpose of giving a good image of the PS4 (nothing wrong with it, it's expected in such an event, but it's still a fake interview).
In a real interview, the interviewer (usually a member of the Press) has no personal interest in the answers given by the interviewee (and in the best case scenario, they're even neutral and potentially critical, but that's not even true for all members of the Press).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I have no doubt Microsoft isn't worried at all after that lackluster display (outside of emphasizing games developers first over all the extraneous crap) by Sony in retrospect, but that reads like some fanboy account really. And just because March 26 is coming up pretty soon and people are pushing the speculative reveal date further, someone could easily jump the gun and speculate they're just waiting for E3.

E3 is too late. You need to use E3 to get the rebound, and not confound your buzz with stuff Sony and Nintendo have to say, whether it is earth-shattering or not. An event to themselves means they are the star of their own show.

ekim

ekim, google is showing a different response with both xboxevent.com and www.xboxevent.com from earlier today. get in here.

its saying

and not that when you search www.xboxevent.com

I'll get the same result for both "xboxevent.com" and "www.xboxevent.com" - but I still don't have any idea what this is telling us. It's either MS trolling us or they keep stuff moving around. Maybe it's a hint from them... lol

ekim

So the title changed from :
"Changes afoot" to "Nazwe Domeny" to "registered the domain name"

How can you tell google to index a site when the server itself is not reachable? Where to you set the title - within the nameserver or maybe they fired up the site for one minute to let the google bot in and disabled it afterwards?

DEADEVIL

I have no doubt Microsoft isn't worried at all after that lackluster display (outside of emphasizing games developers first over all the extraneous crap) by Sony in retrospect, but that reads like some fanboy account really. And just because March 26 is coming up pretty soon and people are pushing the speculative reveal date further, someone could easily jump the gun and speculate they're just waiting for E3.

E3 is too late. You need to use E3 to get the rebound, and not confound your buzz with stuff Sony and Nintendo have to say, whether it is earth-shattering or not. An event to themselves means they are the star of their own show.

MS has had alot of success with the pre-E3 event followed by E3.

But even if they waited till E3 and truly had the goods a 2 hours wall to wall blitz at E3 would still be Epic as all eyes would be on them without requiring your devs to have to produce 2 demos.

Plus look at the success they are having this year with the 360 still chugging on it's way to year 8. Not to mention Gears is coming today, which is the last major exclusive for them this gen.

I honestly think the Maj Nelson ticker might be really when it's go time for them.

Again if they really plugged the leaks and they got some major major IPs coming to that stage then waiting for E3 isn't going to hurt MS at all as the buildup might actually help.

ekim

What are you doing ekim?

I'm trying to find out why the site's title is changed regularly when you search for "Xboxevent.com" on google.

First it said "changes afoot", then "Nazwe Domeny" (polish for domain name) and now "registered the domain name"

MCD

I'm trying to find out why the site's title is changed regularly when you search for "Xboxevent.com" on google.

First it said "changes afoot", then "Nazwe Domeny" (polish for domain name) and now "registered the domain name"

It's obvious that Nokia is making the next Xbox.

Hanmik

MS has had alot of success with the pre-E3 event followed by E3.

But even if they waited till E3 and truly had the goods a 2 hours wall to wall blitz at E3 would still be Epic as all eyes would be on them without requiring your devs to have to produce 2 demos.

Plus look at the success they are having this year with the 360 still chugging on it's way to year 8. Not to mention Gears is coming today, which is the last major exclusive for them this gen.

I honestly think the Maj Nelson ticker might be really when it's go time for them.

Again if they really plugged the leaks and they got some major major IPs coming to that stage then waiting for E3 isn't going to hurt MS at all as the buildup might actually help.

are you not forgetting that Sony (and Nintendo) also are doing a conference at E3 2013..? even if MS goes first that doesn´t count out the others.. Sony had a whole show for themself. If MS waits for E3, they have to share the stagetime with the other console makers..

are you not forgetting that Sony (and Nintendo) also are doing a conference at E3 2013..? even if MS goes first that doesn´t count out the others.. Sony had a whole show for themself. If MS waits for E3, they have to share the stagetime with the other console makers..

Yes, Microsoft has to share a multi-day event with the others, but ask yourself: what do the others really have that rivals the severity of the next Xbox reveal plus all the details?
Sony has already revealed PS4 and gone into (in my opinion) too much detail (and the hype is not what it should be at the moment and quickly dwindled, although I'm sure SCE will tease a bit more before E3).
Nintendo will just have new Wii U/3DS games to show.

To be honest I was a bit disappointed by SCE showing at a non-E3 (or TGS) event. I think there is still a chance Microsoft will go the "classic megaton" route with the giant reveal at E3.

Hanmik

Yes, Microsoft has to share a multi-day event with the others, but ask yourself: what do the others really have that rivals the severity of the next Xbox reveal plus all the details? Sony has already revealed PS4 and gone into (in my opinion) too much detail (and the hype is not what it should be at the moment), and Nintendo will just have new Wii U/3DS games to show.

Sony still needs to show ALOT.. the actual console for one, more games and all the details of the console UI and PSN. They only showed what console has inside.
Nintendo has games to show, and hopefully lots of them.
I really don´t think it´s smart for MS to wait untill E3 to reveal it. Unless the are not competing with sony and nintendo anymore, if the really have a whole new concept to present to the gaming community.

KAL2006

Banned
Yes, Microsoft has to share a multi-day event with the others, but ask yourself: what do the others really have that rivals the severity of the next Xbox reveal plus all the details?
Sony has already revealed PS4 and gone into (in my opinion) too much detail (and the hype is not what it should be at the moment and quickly dwindled, although I'm sure SCE will tease a bit more before E3).
Nintendo will just have new Wii U/3DS games to show.

To be honest I was a bit disappointed my SCE showing at a non-E3 (or TGS) event. I think there is still a chance Microsoft will go the "classic megaton" route with the giant reveal at E3.

Sony can still have a huge event at E3. More details about OS, look of the console, PSEye shown properly, media centre capabilities and etc. In fact MS revealing 720 will be like déjà vu, them announcing things like sleep mode, multitasking, play as you download and social features would be boring as Sony has already done that before. And let's not forget about the games which is the most important, Sony still hasn't shown what Santa Monica, Ready at Dawn and Naughty Dog are doing.

Sony still needs to show ALOT.. the actual console for one, more games and all the details of the console UI and PSN. They only showed what console has inside.
Nintendo has games to show, and hopefully lots of them.
I really don´t think it´s smart for MS to wait untill E3 to reveal it. Unless the are not competing with sony and nintendo anymore, if the really have a whole new concept to present to the gaming community.

Yes, the physical console case was not shown, but it was among one of the only things that Sony really left to the imagination. And ultimately, it's just casing. How can you say they didn't show too much? We know about pretty much all the innards, what the UI looks like, most likely all the primary features of the new UI to boot, we saw not only tech demos but actual full-fledged gameplay of Killzone SF (showing all of that was nice, but maybe not best if you don't want some people to assume "that's all it can do?").

In my opinion, way too much was shown for the initial reveal. I of course want all of that info and more, but from Sony's shoes, it perhaps wasn't the best choice, as I'm noticing a dissipating excitement for the PS4 because we pretty much know a lot of the big details...and saw them, too. The better reveal method would have been a minimal reveal at the event, drip details before E3, then go into big detail (a lot of the intricate UI details that were said at the event for instance) and beyond (date, price, etc) at E3. That or just reveal at E3, though a "reveal rivalry" and competing amongst the noise if MS reveals at E3 would've been troublesome for Sony, so I see why they did the special event.

Some of the deeper info revealed was actually disappointing and counter-productive in personal view (others taking over your game ruining the point of the trophy system), no BC and only watered down streaming for select games, neutered PS Store cutting a good 80% of the library we currently see on the current PS3 Store, etc). Yoshida and co. were not tight-lipped at all to deliver the bad news about PS4 in post-event interviews, in my opinion lessening hype even further after seeing so much and having many mysteries revealed so quickly.

Krilekk

Banned
Microsoft not telling us about 720 is actually producing more hype than revealing the console. They are going all-in at E3. Maybe they have something new up their sleeve and don't want their competitors to have a 2 months lead to copy that. Or they don't want to hurt 360 sales. And they are tight with their security, not a single bit has leaked outside the DAE hack. And that info is one and a half years old according to MS people. Every developer working on 720 has his lips sealed, it's incredible. They must be very happy and don't want to spoil the surprise. Or break NDAs and pay hefty sums. If it is about a revolutionary new tech damages could be in the billions for companies not able to keep their devs in check.

That's precisely why Microsoft is not in a great hurry to show their hand, Sony has shown very little so far. Gamers, developers and publishers alike know that they're both coming so they have little to lose or gain there, and for the less informed people the months leading up to launch are going to be immeasurably more important than anything happening now.

Microsoft not telling us about 720 is actually producing more hype than revealing the console. They are going all-in at E3. Maybe they have something new up their sleeve and don't want their competitors to have a 2 months lead to copy that. Or they don't want to hurt 360 sales. And they are tight with their security, not a single bit has leaked outside the DAE hack. And that info is one and a half years old according to MS people. Every developer working on 720 has his lips sealed, it's incredible. They must be very happy and don't want to spoil the surprise. Or break NDAs and pay hefty sums. If it is about a revolutionary new tech damages could be in the billions for companies not able to keep their devs in check.

Yep, that's my ultimate point. Sony not only revealed early, but almost all major mysteries sans what the case looks like were revealed. They were even generous and went into somewhat deep detail on the UI and OS, showed long, full-fledged gameplay, and so on. Not only that, but spilled the beans on major shortcomings in post-event interviews (no BC, no PSN BC: majority of current PS Store offerings not future proof and current digital library that SCE built up since 2006 has large loss of value, gimped PS1 BC via streaming, etc).
Now what lingers on everyone's mind after hearing so much about PS4 is, "I wonder about the next Xbox...".

GlamFM

Banned
That's precisely why Microsoft is not in a great hurry to show their hand, Sony has shown very little so far. Gamers, developers and publishers alike know that they're both coming so they have little to lose or gain there, and for the less informed people the months leading up to launch are going to be immeasurably more important than anything happening now.

At least Sony has given developers the possibility to announce their games for PS4.
I wouldn´t underestimate that and the effect it has on consumers right now.

Sony is in the lead atm and I have no idea what MS is waiting for.

People are pre ordering PS4s as we speak...

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
At least Sony has given developers the possibility to announce their games for PS4.

Sony is in the lead atm and I have no idea what MS is waiting for.

People are pre ordering PS4s as we speak...
Assassin's Creed IV, Thief... Both already announced for next Xbox.

Oh yeah? So how many third party games have actually been confirmed for PS4 so far? Less than a dozen. I see that third party developers and publishers are simply jumping at the opportunity. The fact is, they're also waiting for E3 because they want maximum exposure, and they want their games to sell well across all platforms.

sangreal

Sure - we know that. The consumer in general probably not.

Interesting choice, because Assassins Creed is probably a perfect example to demonstrate how little this matters. The original was marketed for months as a PS3 exclusive (and that was after both systems were announced)

sorry if its been asked before. is it confirmed that we will get a show next month or just rumors till now ?

i want some next gen stuff. i am so sick of this gen already. and PS4 is a must buy for me now along with the recently bought VITA :D

Top Bottom