• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X "Direct" on Feb. 6 [info in OP]

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Huh, I thought it would be similar to stuff like jobs from FF, not a skill tree =P

Cool. I hope they detail it in the future.

Yeah... I was keeping hopes up, but I guess this is still Xenoblade, good and bad.

Also, thanks for the link.

If you arent completing quests just by going around exploring the world and fighting monsters, than your not playing it right.

foxuzamaki

Info about the two races shown and some of the dialogue.

The Ma Non(マ・ノン人), alternatively: Ma Nonites/Nonanites/Nonners

Alien race with advanced technological capabilities(高度な科学力を持つ異星人)

They love pizza(ピザが好き)

more dialogue[this probably isn’t 100% accurate]:

Tatsu: These are the Ma Non, a pacifist race/group of aliens.(このマ・ノン人は、平和主義の異星人ですも)

[seems to be from an actual scene, now]

Middle MaNon:EEEEK! An alien!(キャアァーー!異星人よ!)

Right MaNon:That Nopon is take-out! Stick him in a lunchbox.(それもノポンをテークアウト!お弁当につれてるね。)

Tatsu: How rude! Tatsu not belong in lunchbox. This Earthperson here be Tatsu’s attendant.(失礼ですも!タツはお弁当じゃないですも!この地球人は、タツのお供ですも。)

Lyn: ...Attendant?(・・・お供?)

Tatsu: Ah! No! Tatsu mean...friend[the joke doesn’t really work in English, o-tomo is attendant, o-tomodachi is friend]. B-but aside from that, Lyn, the Ma Non have some amazing technology.(ひっ!いやぁ!お・・・おとも・・・だちですも。そんなことよりリンさん、マ・ノン人は、すごい科学力を持っていますも)

Lyn: Advanced technology?! The mechanic in me is suuuuuuuper curious![not entirely sure what she said, too much spazzing](高度な科学力?!メカニックとして_好奇心がぁー!)

Tatsu: [not sure, something about Earthlings like Lyn and the Ma Non, and there being nonpeaceful aliens too]リっ、リンさんのような地球人や、マ・ノン人のような、平和できない異星人ばかりだといいんですけれども・・・とんでもないやつらもいますも。

The Bias/Byers/Vyers(バイアス人)

Warlike alien race(好戦的な異星人)

What’s beneath their mask is a mystery(マスクの下は謎)

Tatsu: These guys be Vyers(こいつらバイアス人ですも。)

B-dawg: Earthlings. Annihilate. [something](地球人。皆殺しだ。そうめいじられている。)

Tatsu: They just said they be planning to massacre Earthlings. And Tatsu bet they want eat him too! Terrible! UNACCEPTABLE!(地球人を皆殺しにすると言っていますも。それにタツを食べようとしたですも!ひどいですも。許せないですも!)

Lyn: Hmm...maybe because you smell like food.(んん・・・食の臭味はあおかもしれない)

Tatsu: Lyyyn, don’t be saying such things! (リーンさん、そんな事言っているばいじゃないですも)

Edit: Tatsu seems a lot like Riki in the things he says.

It seems lyn(rin?) and tatsu are going to play off eachother, atleast thats the impression they're giving them in the direct. whereas everyone was a straight-man to riki's shenanigans cept every once in a while with ryen in the OG xenoblade.

If you arent completing quests just by going around exploring the world and fighting monsters, than your not playing it right.

I'm usually overleveled for the story and I tend to complete the map with every point of interest (locations, secret areas and landmarks). And yes, I have to go out of my way to complete a lot of these quests.

If this is not the right way to play the game then I don't really care about the right way...

foxuzamaki

I'm usually overleveled for the story and I tend to complete the map with every point of interest (locations, secret areas and landmarks). And yes, I have to go out of my way to complete a lot of these quests.

If this is not the right way to play the game then I don't really care about the right way...

If this is anything like xenoblade, the majkorty of quests will be "kill monster or kill his many monsters, or find thing" and usually those quests end after completing them, that leaves the more unique quests where you actually have to find people, and those are more interesting, when also keep in mind you dont have to do every single quest, and im guessing your implying that you have OCD when it comes to quest and want to complete them all.

If this is anything like xenoblade, the majkorty of quests will be "kill monster or kill his many monsters, or find thing" and usually those quests end after completing them, that leaves the more unique quests where you actually have to find people, and those are more interesting, when also keep in mind you dont have to do every single quest, and im guessing your implying that you have OCD when it comes to quest and want to complete them all.

No, I'm implying that I want to do the good quests, but I can't because they are locked behind generic quests and the affinity system...

If it was as simple as "they are optional, don't do it" then I wouldn't, but I know there are good quests and I want to do them, except I can't unless I complete the generic stuff first.

Fandangox

I assume the large number of generic quests was kept not just to pad game length and content, but because Online play is a thing now.

They were labeled "Simple Quest" so I hope the more complex/good ones are not burried behind a big wall of generic quests.
I didn't mind doing most of the generic ones anyway.

Teggy

Perhaps this isn't the best place to ask, but I didn't want to start a new thread. Is there any good way to get the original Xenoblade for $60 or less right now? Looks like eBay starts around $80 and Amazon is worse.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Perhaps this isn't the best place to ask, but I didn't want to start a new thread. Is there any good way to get the original Xenoblade for $60 or less right now? Looks like eBay starts around $80 and Amazon is worse.

The only way to pull that off would be with the 3DS version. I just recently bought Xenoblade as well, but they're all used and priced up highly.

Teggy

The only way to pull that off would be with the 3DS version. I just recently bought Xenoblade as well, but they're all used and priced up highly.

Ok, I'll probably just have to bite the bullet at some point. I'd much rather play with the better graphics.

Gamestop stores have it "pre-owned" for $60 at the moment.

I don't know why they raised the price back up again, though...

Jims

This continues to look amazing. I want to fly around in those mechs forever and ever now.

Some of the marketing for this has been amusing because they've been really hard selling the giant world angle. They've had so many "character running through an amazing world" clips, it almost reaches self-parody a little. But at the same time, the original Xenoblade was like, Running Around in Awe: The Game, so it makes sense that they're going that way.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Btw, has there been any hint of a story in this game? Clearly there's the background story, but it kind of just seems like everyone is chilling in NLA while some folks are gathering resources. Is that it? I loved Xenoblade's story, so I'd appreciate having a good one here as well.

Also I've been noticing the pop-in a lot more in the videos of this game than I saw in the original. I might just be looking at things more carefully this time, and the game is still very impressive with the vistas.

alvis.exe

Btw, has there been any hint of a story in this game? Clearly there's the background story, but it kind of just seems like everyone is chilling in NLA while some folks are gathering resources. Is that it? I loved Xenoblade's story, so I'd appreciate having a good one here as well.

Last E3 trailer was a pure story trailer. Like it was pretty much all cutscenes lol.

IIRC Xenoblade's writer is back for this too plus it's a Takahashi game.

Fandangox

A gamestop near me has like four copies at 44 dollars each.

Zornica

Banned
[...]

What’s beneath their mask is a mystery(マスクの下は謎)[...]

I bet that they are
human who have been banned/driven away from earth for doing something bad a few centuries ago, now coming back to take revenge as their technology surpassed earths.

Also I've been noticing the pop-in a lot more in the videos of this game than I saw in the original. I might just be looking at things more carefully this time, and the game is still very impressive with the vistas.

All is pointing out that is actually going to be story heavy. All this is just Colony 6 expanded and big open areas was one of the Xenoblade original selling points.

Min0

Enough info for me on the universe. Now I just want confirmation there's a 30h+ story line in the vain of their previous works.

[Takahashi]Today I'll talk a little about the development staff. Yuichiro Takeda is the main writer for this games' script, following on from his work on Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii. He's written a more heavy sci-fi story for us this time, compared to the previous games' classical fantasy. For sound, we asked Hiroyuki Sawano. He is a very busy composer and we are very grateful that he has written his first game soundtrack for us. The character design was handled by Kunihiko Tanaka, whom you all will know. We have known each other for a long time and he assisted in drawing out a 'Xeno-ness' for the game.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=140318155&postcount=1492

Today's update is at least more interesting than the previous ones where he just repeated the same stuff everyone already knew. Firstly he mentions that aside from Kunihiko Tanaka's designs, they have many other artists working on different types of designs. There are various alien races in the game, and he wants to really bring out the various unique characteristics in their cultures and so on. For the graphics in the game to be able to reflect the different cultures, they have different artists fleshing out the details in the design phase. He teases that we have already seen one of these unannounced races on the early teaser site for the game that Monolithsoft put up. (lol)

He goes on to talk about the writing in the game. He says the script isn't written by Yuichiro Takeda alone, because compared to Xenoblade, this time there's a lot more text to handle. They brought in Kazuho Hyodo (an anime script writer) to help with the workload, and since he has a lot of experience working on scifi works, Takahashi is not worried. Next week he's going to introduce some of the design staff. That should be interesting too.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=140736109&postcount=1532

Litri

I'm just wondering... In the E3 2013 trailer there's a cinematic at the end where the mechs are fighting against a huge robot, could that be taking place in another planet?

foxuzamaki

I'm just wondering... In the E3 2013 trailer there's a cinematic at the end where the mechs are fighting against a huge robot, could that be taking place in another planet?

Idk, it could be taking place in black steel, but it could just be a sorta end of the world scenario happening and its all dark and grim while a gigantic terrifying robot monster is trying to destroy NLA

Godcannon

OMG that bassist for the soundtrack is amazeballs!!! Digging the soundtrack.

I've waited almost 10 years for FFXV and I'm pretty sure I will like this game more.

Edit:

51:34-54:10
hqdefault.jpg

rjinaz

Might I suggest gamefly if in the US? Give it a rent, you'll have about 30 days. $15 is a lot less than $60.

TheMoon

Is no one else worried about how much this game stutters?

The game doesn't stutter. You're imagining things.

yeah I noticed some in the Nintendo Direct trailer they showed back in January but not this one

And that was because of youtube because the eShop version of the trailer was completely stutter-free.

Have they said when the next stream is?

No. I expect it early march. Basically one stream per month until release.

That guy is probably the traitor mentioned in the E3 2014 trailer.

Traitor? You mean the hero that saved the humans? This is likely not him since you seem to be encountering him on Mira for the first time.

rjinaz

Min0

Traitor? You mean the hero that saved the humans? This is likely not him since you seem to be encountering him on Mira for the first time.

No, I mean the traitor mentioned in the trailer here. The hero is almost certainly the long haired guy that appears a few seconds before.

Chaos17

This view from the E3 2013 trailer is probably the highest we've ever gotten. It shows that you can indeed see other zones from your current location. Since they said they want it to be seamless, I'm guessing you'll be able to fly there no problem

untitled-1p2zfc.png
I want to fly forever in my mecha *_*

It's a PS2 game though. And yes I prefer it to X's faces. Elma's pretty decent IMO, Lin and the general are the worst.

I give Xenoblade a pass because it's on the Wii, but there is no excuse for the shitty character design on the WiiU.
Everything else about this game is perfect, but the faces, grrr. This is like reverse FFXIII.

Even back in the PS2 era, it really had nothing to do with technical limitations. Devs have been able to shape models whatever way they want since the turn of the century. It's really just been a matter of how many polygons you get for clarity (this point is complemented by how there was no difference in style in the CGI for Xenosaga). Takada is still using the same style, blame Takahashi for being such a fan of his work if you must, but this look is absolutely intentional. At the most, Takada has simply amplified his style choices to the next degree, with polarizing results. But it's still the same concept regardless.

Spot

Is there any information on whether or not the customizable character is silent or not?
I cannot recall any video of him/her talking.

Top Bottom